Dicks and Walmart getting sued HAHA

G0eDI3S-e1445814668170.jpg

yeah, today its gays, tomorrow blacks... the next day Hispanics.... anyone the hate filled white supremacist trumploons don't like.

no one is beating them over the head. they can stop working in a field that offends them.

oops

So the choice is a person's morality or be forced to do something they don't want to to make a living?

Kobayasi Maru.

:rofl:

if you can't serve the public, don't work in a business where you have to serve the public.

or should a butcher shop be forced to stop selling pork because it offends the muslim employee?

now run along, bigot boy

The whole concept of PA was a bullshit way to get around the Constitution and force private entities to do what they are told by the Govt.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Actually the 'whole concept' of PA laws usually revolves around the rights of citizens and they have been found to be constitutional.

But citizens also have the right to free exercise.

Why does one person's right to have a specific cake for their wedding override the cake provider's right to free exercise?

you don't get to refuse accommodation to the public when you run a business.

missing the days of jim crow, dearie?

A contracted service such as a wedding cake isn't a Public Accomodation.

Again i ask, why does this couples right to that specfic wedding cake override the baker's right to free exercise?

Why can't any of you progressive twats answer that question?

I'm not going to try to educate your ignorant self on this subject anymore.

so just stop whining you homophobic loon

Why can't you answer the question?

And I am not homophobic, I was happy when NYS approved SSM via legislative action, and I have no issue or would have no issue working a SSM, or supplying something if I was a vendor.

My issue is I don't like using government to force people to do things they don't want unless there is a compelling reason, and even if there is a compelling reason, I believe the government has to use the least impacting method of rectifying the situation.

yeah, today its gays, tomorrow blacks... the next day Hispanics.... anyone the hate filled white supremacist trumploons don't like.

no one is beating them over the head. they can stop working in a field that offends them.

oops

So the choice is a person's morality or be forced to do something they don't want to to make a living?

Kobayasi Maru.

We will see what the Supreme Court says about freedom of religion and having to sell to queers in the pending case.

If Dicks and Walmart wants to have the age discrimination laws upheld by the Court then its looks like they will have the opportunity to challenge it in the lawsuit by the young man.

oops

Kobayasi Maru.

:rofl:

if you can't serve the public, don't work in a business where you have to serve the public.

or should a butcher shop be forced to stop selling pork because it offends the muslim employee?

now run along, bigot boy

That isn't a choice and you know it. Why should a person be denied their passion over a single type of transaction?

Should a Jewish butcher be forced to provide pork if the customer wants it?

Not a bigot. I'm sure you have gotten so used to dealing with actual bigots that you can't handle an actual discussion on pure constitutional and ethical grounds.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...420060cb7bd_story.html?utm_term=.aad35c23c783
PORTLAND, Ore. — An Oregon man filed suits Monday claiming Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart discriminated against the 20-year-old when they refused to sell him a rifle.

Dick’s and Walmart restricted gun sales to adults 21 and older in the wake of the Florida high school massacre. The 19-year-old accused in the school slaying bought the AR-15 used in the attack legally.

Oregon law allows residents to buy shotguns or rifles starting at age 18.

Watson is asking judges to force Dick’s and Walmart “to stop unlawfully discriminating against 18, 19, and 20 year-old customers at all Oregon locations.” Additionally, he is asking for unspecified punitive damages.
-----------

2015 ORS 659A.403¹
Discrimination in place of public accommodation prohibited

Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, all persons within the jurisdiction of this state are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation, without any distinction, discrimination or restriction on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age if the individual is of age, as described in this section, or older.
Looks like those fascist PA laws are coming back to haunt some people :badgrin:

the plaintiffs are going to get their butts kicked.

that's what's funny.

how so? Why would age discrimination be legal in this one case?

Dear martybegan TNHarley
Gee whiz if I were Governor I'd say the courts and legislature
need to come up with a consistent interpretation and make the laws
and rulings align with that.

Such as making it LEGAL and PERMISSIBLE to sell guns
to age 18-21 but not require one policy fits all, not unless
all the citizens of that state agree.

Not all citizens agree to include or exclude same sex marriage.
So laws should be written to be neutral and not state either way.

Same with these gun laws. If people believe in including or excluding,
write and interpret the laws to allow both without conflict.

If you want to go do business with someone who matches
your beliefs, then you have a choice. Just like choosing
whether to go to a Catholic church to get sprinkling baptism
by men only priests, or you can choose a full submersion baptism
or to get married by a woman pastor or priest at a different church.

Is it that hard to babysit people and set it up where
everyone can go play with the friends who follow the same rules
and play the same games? Can't we all get along like nice boys and girls
without bullying or hairpulling on the playground???

Actually the 'whole concept' of PA laws usually revolves around the rights of citizens and they have been found to be constitutional.

Why does one person's right to have a specific cake for their wedding override the cake provider's right to free exercise?

Again i ask, why does this couples right to that specfic wedding cake override the baker's right to free exercise?

And I am not homophobic, I was happy when NYS approved SSM via legislative action, and I have no issue or would have no issue working a SSM, or supplying something if I was a vendor.

My issue is I don't like using government to force people to do things they don't want unless there is a compelling reason, and even if there is a compelling reason, I believe the government has to use the least impacting method of rectifying the situation.

you were answered. I'm not going to pander to your stupid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...420060cb7bd_story.html?utm_term=.aad35c23c783
PORTLAND, Ore. — An Oregon man filed suits Monday claiming Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart discriminated against the 20-year-old when they refused to sell him a rifle.

Dick’s and Walmart restricted gun sales to adults 21 and older in the wake of the Florida high school massacre. The 19-year-old accused in the school slaying bought the AR-15 used in the attack legally.

Watson is asking judges to force Dick’s and Walmart “to stop unlawfully discriminating against 18, 19, and 20 year-old customers at all Oregon locations.” Additionally, he is asking for unspecified punitive damages.
-----------

2015 ORS 659A.403¹

Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, all persons within the jurisdiction of this state are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation, without any distinction, discrimination or restriction on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age if the individual is of age, as described in this section, or older.

that's what's funny.

how so? Why would age discrimination be legal in this one case?

Dear martybegan TNHarley
Gee whiz if I were Governor I'd say the courts and legislature
need to come up with a consistent interpretation and make the laws
and rulings align with that.

Such as making it LEGAL and PERMISSIBLE to sell guns
to age 18-21 but not require one policy fits all, not unless
all the citizens of that state agree.

Not all citizens agree to include or exclude same sex marriage.
So laws should be written to be neutral and not state either way.

Same with these gun laws. If people believe in including or excluding,
write and interpret the laws to allow both without conflict.

If you want to go do business with someone who matches
your beliefs, then you have a choice. Just like choosing
whether to go to a Catholic church to get sprinkling baptism
by men only priests, or you can choose a full submersion baptists
or to get married by a woman pastor or priest at a different church.

Is it that hard to babysit people and set it up where
everyone can go play with the friends who follow the same rules
and play the same games? Can't we all get along like nice boys and girls
without bullying or hairpulling on the playground???

The simple solution would be to apply PA laws to things that are actually PA's. What is happening to Dicks is actually OK in my book, because the transaction is actually a PA.

-----------

2015 ORS 659A.403¹

that's what's funny.
fake lawyer sez wut?

hack

you were answered. I'm not going to pander to your stupid.

no, you gave the simple "if you can't play nice take your ball and go home" response, which isn't answering my question.

Why does a person who is good at baking have to give it up because they won't participate in one very narrowly defined transaction, involving and easily replaceable, non-essential, and non-timely good or service?

-----------

2015 ORS 659A.403¹

that's what's funny.
fake lawyer sez wut?

hack
yeshua bless you

-----------

2015 ORS 659A.403¹

So if the conservative nuts on this forum had any intellectual honesty and consisitency,

they would be supporting Dick's and Walmart,

since the RW consensus on this forum at least is that a business should have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

oops.

Your blanket statement is wrong as usual.

First, if the law is in place, it has to be equally applied. Dicks is an actual PA, in a State where age discrimination is illegal.

2nd, I for one support PA laws when applied to actual PA's. My issue has always been applying them to any business at all.

So you want to pretend that most righties on this forum don't support the right of a business to refuse service to anyone for any reason?

lol, good one.
your blanket statement is wrong.

as usual. :)

the trouble with the blanket statements are that they can't be refused because you're not talking to anyone directly.

Yes, in this case, it is an insurance thing underwriting their borrowed use of the car.

Wouldn't the Dicks and Walmart age restrictions be similar. Their lawyers saying they might face legal responsibility for their actions if selling to young, but legal aged adults,

After all you can't run for congress unless you're 25, the senate unless you're 30 and the presidency unless you're 35.

No. Walmart is not renting a service, they are selling a product. Bellow a certain age, the chances of very young drivers wrecking a rental car is so high that the car rental company does not want to take the risk. Their pricing structure in setting a rental fee to accept the liability would take an exponential curve. The gun retailer carries no such liability in what the user does with a gun after they buy it anymore than a toaster maker does after I buy a toaster at Walmart. Walmart has no control that I won't stick my hand in there and burn myself. The age restriction by Walmart and Dicks is purely political and arbitrary in their simply wanting to seem sympathetic towards the school shootings. It violates state law, it is arbitrary and discriminatory and the challenge will stand up in court. I think the case will win.

-----------

2015 ORS 659A.403¹

No shirts, no shoes, no serve. This will be an interesting case--but I think private business & industry in this country have the U.S. Constitutional right to refuse service to anyone they choose.

Under federal anti-discrimination laws, businesses can refuse service to any person for any reason, unless the business is discriminating against a protected class. At the national level, protected classes include: Race or color.Mar 21, 2017
The Right to Refuse Service: Can a Business Refuse Service to Someone?

IOW--
if wedding cake and pizza joints can refuse service to gays and get away with it, I would presume that Dick's sporting goods and Walmart &-(since they are both national companies) located in more than one state can refuse service on all gun sales to people under 21, regardless of Oregon state law.

RogerR20120424_low.jpg

You have to be 21 years old in this country to qualify for purchase of a handgun. Is that discrimination? AR-15's AK'S & others are not classified as military assault weapons or semi-automatics, they are simply classified as "rifles."
Kroger to raise age limit on gun sales to 21

Last edited:
The NRA "hey shooters need rights too, mentally ill or not let's get assault rifles into the hands of the deranged and keep 'em there".

Batshittery by people that are scared of sunrise and can't see their reflection in the mirror.

THIS IS SIMILAR TO BAKING CAKES FOR GAY WEDDINGS.

PRIVATE BUSINESSES CANNOT OVERRIDE LAWS.....RIGHT?

PROGS ARE GOING TO TAKE THIS ONE RIGHT UP THE ASS.

Forum List

Back