Did Gov. Scott, break the law?

The anguine of Florida deleted panicked messages concerning the nursing home in So. Florida where at least ten patients died horrific drowning deaths. Florida has a SUNSHINE LAW that prohibits destroying public records except under strict rules. Why did Scott want his pathetic Irma actions hidden?

Rick Scott's office deleted critical messages related to post-hurricane nursing home deaths

The deleted messages - first reported by CBS Miami's Jim DeFede - pinged Scott's inbox in the 36 hours before the first patient's death, a stretch of time between Sept. 10 and Sept. 11 when the facility lost critical power to its air conditioning system. The center's administrators maintain the calls to Scott were seeking "immediate assistance."

So what did Rick Scott do for these people? He was called by the hospital 36 hours before the first death, he did nothing.

This is disturbing.. I hope he gets nailed for it.

This is why I love twitter, this governor is toast.

The anguine Scott did nothing but tell people to call 911? Gee, he took a lot of interest. :eusa_doh:

How horrible to die from heat like that..He could have made the call to get them to a safe place.. what a awful man.

And he's the only one responsible?
How many other emails was he getting when his entire state was thwomped by a Hurricane?

Trying to score cheap political points via the death of old people, what a sad pathetic hack you are.

This one got through to him. And it must be a sore spot, his non response gives rise to fury, not answers. Tampa Bay Times Online.

The anguine of Florida deleted panicked messages concerning the nursing home in So. Florida where at least ten patients died horrific drowning deaths. Florida has a SUNSHINE LAW that prohibits destroying public records except under strict rules. Why did Scott want his pathetic Irma actions hidden?

Rick Scott's office deleted critical messages related to post-hurricane nursing home deaths

The deleted messages - first reported by CBS Miami's Jim DeFede - pinged Scott's inbox in the 36 hours before the first patient's death, a stretch of time between Sept. 10 and Sept. 11 when the facility lost critical power to its air conditioning system. The center's administrators maintain the calls to Scott were seeking "immediate assistance."

So what did Rick Scott do for these people? He was called by the hospital 36 hours before the first death, he did nothing.

The anguine Scott did nothing but tell people to call 911? Gee, he took a lot of interest. :eusa_doh:

How horrible to die from heat like that..He could have made the call to get them to a safe place.. what a awful man.

How many other emails was he getting when his entire state was thwomped by a Hurricane?

Trying to score cheap political points via the death of old people, what a sad pathetic hack you are.

This one got through to him. And it must be a sore spot, his non response gives rise to fury, not answers. Tampa Bay Times Online.

When a house gets robbed in NYC do people report it to the Police Commissioner? Do people freak out when he doesn't respond?

This was a local failure done by local people. Stop trying to score cheap political points.

When a house gets robbed in NYC do people report it to the Police Commissioner? Do people freak out when he doesn't respond?

This was a local failure done by local people. Stop trying to score cheap political points.

The Tampa Bay Times printed the article, I did not write it, someone thought the President had authority, obviously not. While he is worried about the NFL, his candidate in Alabama lost (Strange). I thought Trump was correct on Strange v. Moore, but Moore won.

The Tampa Bay Times printed the article, I did not write it, someone thought the President had authority, obviously not. While he is worried about the NFL, his candidate in Alabama lost (Strange). I thought Trump was correct on Strange v. Moore, but Moore won.

Wtf are you rambling about?

This is about you thinking the Governor is the right person to report this problem to, when there are hundreds of other people far closer to being responsible for this that you are ignoring for cheap political points.

This is about you thinking the Governor is the right person to report this problem to, when there are hundreds of other people far closer to being responsible for this that you are ignoring for cheap political points.

You are using that phrase in every thread, I posted an article for comments, not your repeats. The subject is destruction of public records(.) Try reading before posting.

You are using that phrase in every thread, I posted an article for comments, not your repeats.

Your last line of your OP:

Why did Scott want his pathetic Irma actions hidden?

Haaaaaaccccckkkk.

I am getting tired of the rude personal attacks in this thread ... it is uncalled for Marty.

The governor is paid by its tax payer to lead the state, he is responsible to his people no matter how many calls he got.
Not just one person died from the heat , 10 people did. If this were a democrat governor I would call him out too, so you are the one trying to make it political.

Still no answer on destruction of public records, why would Scott destroy them if they did not show poorly on his administration? MartyB is imploding over the possible insult to Scott.

Last edited:

I am getting tired of the rude personal attacks in this thread ... it is uncalled for Marty.

The governor is paid by its tax payer to lead the state, he is responsible to his people no matter how many calls he got.
Not just one person died from the heat , 10 people did. If this were a democrat governor I would call him out too, so you are the one trying to make it political.

You are accusing a man of ignoring old people dying and you get the vapors over me calling you out on it?

Again, do you call the Police Commissioner in NYC when your house gets broken into? The entire State was a mess, and the governor deals with high level stuff to let other people do their mid-level and low level jobs actually responding to these things.

I pay the Mayor of NY's salary, but I don't expect him to directly supervise the guys filling potholes in front of my apartment.

Gun for the people who actually dropped the ball.

And I doubt you would be this vehement about a Dem Governor.

Still no answer on destruction of public records, why would Scott destroy them if they did not show poorly on his administration? MartyB is imploding over the possible insult to Scott.

Actually Tiny did answer it.

and here is another answer:

Rick Scott deleted voicemails from nursing home | Daily Mail Online

The governor's office said the voicemails were deleted in accordance with the state's public records law.

'The voicemails were not retained because the information from each voicemail was collected by the Governor's staff and given to the proper agency for handling. Every call was returned,' said Lauren Schenone, a spokeswoman for the governor's office.

'None of this changes the fact that this facility chose not to call 911 or evacuate their patients to the hospital across the street to save lives.'

Read more: Rick Scott deleted voicemails from nursing home | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited:

You are accusing a man of ignoring old people dying and you get the vapors over me calling you out on it?

Again, do you call the Police Commissioner in NYC when your house gets broken into? The entire State was a mess, and the governor deals with high level stuff to let other people do their mid-level and low level jobs actually responding to these things.

I pay the Mayor of NY's salary, but I don't expect him to directly supervise the guys filling potholes in front of my apartment.

Eh hello...this is the governors job.

The Governor traveled the state today to meet with local officials, ensure communities have all the resources they may need,

The Governor will continue to be in constant communication with state and local emergency management officials, city and county leaders, and utility officials who are also working to ensure the state is prepared to respond to any potential impacts from Hurricane Irma.

Press Release: Gov. Scott Issues Updates on Hurricane Irma Preparedness

Eh hello...this is the governors job.

The Governor traveled the state today to meet with local officials, ensure communities have all the resources they may need,

The Governor will continue to be in constant communication with state and local emergency management officials, city and county leaders, and utility officials who are also working to ensure the state is prepared to respond to any potential impacts from Hurricane Irma.

So why not blame everyone on the chain? Why single out the Governor who was dealing with problems of the entire State?

I swear some of you people don't grasp the scale of things when running large organizations like a State government.

So why not blame everyone on the chain? Why single out the Governor who was dealing with problems of the entire State?

I swear some of you people don't grasp the scale of things when running large organizations like a State government.

The captain goes down with the ship, why because he is the head of the ship ... This means that the captain takes full responsibility of that ship..

This hospital made many many calls to the governor screaming emergency 36 hours before the first death...

Bull fucking shit. All calls were returned and they directed the home to the proper agencies.

Read my post. The sons of bitches at the nursing home had an air conditioned hospital right across the fucking street and did nothing. And you want to blame Scott?

That's about as whacked out as a left winger can get. And the Governor is not the one that will be wearing orange.

The streets had downed power lines. Thus, emergency calls.

The captain goes down with the ship, why because he is the head of the ship ...

This hospital made many many calls to the governor screaming emergency 36 hours before the first death...

It made 4 calls to the highest person in the state, with a hospital right across the street with working air-conditioning.

Again, you don't call the police chief when your house gets robbed.

I would more blame the governor for giving out his # to these people in the first place. It abrogates the chain of command/responsibility and gives people the false impression that they will get the #1 attention of a man who has other things to worry about.

It made 4 calls to the highest person in the state, with a hospital right across the street with working air-conditioning.

I would more blame the governor for giving out his # to these people in the first place. It abrogates the chain of command/responsibility and gives people the false impression that they will get the #1 attention of a man who has other things to worry about.

Again I said that he could have called it a state emergency and got 911 over there.. These people were old,frail and probably couldn't walk across the street. Especially in the heat.

Emergency services take things by the severity of the emergency, things get over looked..

This last summer my electricity went out with the 108 temps for 8 hours..they have employees who come right away and assess the immediate danger and then put the outage and a severity level..

The governor said that he would be on top of the emergency services didn't he? And yes he did in that government report link that I gave you.

And yes, I would call the police commissioner if a person was dying, not material things robbed from a home.

Calls were made, help arrived after the third death, and the Governor has wiped out evidence in a now criminal investigation:

The first call for help from the sweltering nursing home came at 3 a.m. Wednesday: a patient in cardiac arrest. An hour later came the second call, a patient struggling to breathe. Only with the third call did rescue officials begin to realize the gravity of the situation.

Rescue workers found three dead people on the second floor of the Rehabilitation Center at Hollywood Hills. By the end of the day, five more were dead, all of them vulnerable elderly, ranging in age from 70 to 99.

Police have launched a criminal investigation into the deaths, blamed on the stifling heat inside the nursing home, which lost power and air conditioning Sunday during Hurricane Irma. In question are the actions taken to protect nursing home residents from the escalating heat.

Already, serious questions are emerging:

Why doesn’t the state require nursing homes to have generators? A total of 150 homes, out of 700 statewide, were still without power Wednesday.

-- Who truly was responsible? The nursing home says it contacted Florida Power & Light immediately when it lost power to its air conditioning. The county says FPL refused to speed up its response to senior living facilities. And FPL said the county never listed nursing homes as critical facilities in power outages.

Hollywood nursing home with no power becomes death trap for 8 patients

Calls were made, help arrived after the third death, and the Governor has wiped out evidence in a now criminal investigation:

The first call for help from the sweltering nursing home came at 3 a.m. Wednesday: a patient in cardiac arrest. An hour later came the second call, a patient struggling to breathe. Only with the third call did rescue officials begin to realize the gravity of the situation.

Rescue workers found three dead people on the second floor of the Rehabilitation Center at Hollywood Hills. By the end of the day, five more were dead, all of them vulnerable elderly, ranging in age from 70 to 99.

Police have launched a criminal investigation into the deaths, blamed on the stifling heat inside the nursing home, which lost power and air conditioning Sunday during Hurricane Irma. In question are the actions taken to protect nursing home residents from the escalating heat.

Already, serious questions are emerging:

Why doesn’t the state require nursing homes to have generators? A total of 150 homes, out of 700 statewide, were still without power Wednesday.

-- Who truly was responsible? The nursing home says it contacted Florida Power & Light immediately when it lost power to its air conditioning. The county says FPL refused to speed up its response to senior living facilities. And FPL said the county never listed nursing homes as critical facilities in power outages.

Hollywood nursing home with no power becomes death trap for 8 patients

Peach: this guy is a scumbag I was reading this about his past before being a governor. He was Well Aware of the dangers .

he co-founded Columbia Hospital Corporation with two business partners; this merged with Hospital Corporation of America in 1989, to form Columbia/HCA and eventually became the largest private for-profit health care company in the U.S.[3]

Rick Scott - Wikipedia

Again I said that he could have called it a state emergency and got 911 over there.. These people were old,frail and probably couldn't walk across the street. Especially in the heat.

Emergency services take things by the severity of the emergency, things get over looked..

This last summer my electricity went out with the 108 temps for 8 hours..they have employees who come right away and assess the immediate danger and then put the outage and a severity level..

The governor said that he would be on top of the emergency services didn't he? And yes he did in that government report link that I gave you.

And yes, I would call the police commissioner if a person was dying, not material things robbed from a home.

It was a hospital, they could have gurneyed the people over if they were asked. The administrator could have tried tons of other things to get help.

The whole State was a mess, he was dealing with issues across the whole State. why get a guy trying to run things in the whole State to fix a local issue?

Again, I blame him for giving out his number and giving people the false sense that calling him directly would get things done quicker than trying to get local help. That was his mistake in this situation.

Forum List

Back