Did Gov. Scott, break the law?

Plenty of blame, the Center said they called, three times before a response. And evacuation took days.

So Peach, you don't blame the nursing home for not transferring the patients to the air conditioned hospital RIGHT across the fucking road?

This is Scott's fault? Put down the bong.

:lmao:

You're assuming this happened in a vacuum. Who said the hospital had room for anyone else? I'm sure they were swamped with people already. There were a lot of things going on then.

I blame the relatives. Why didn't they come and check on their loved ones? Nah, they just got the fuck outta town and let the nursing home deal with them. How horrible is that?

I volunteered at one when I was in Boy Scouts decades ago, and visited my grandmother and my friend (both deceased now) when they were there in the past 5 years.

Again, THEY WERE BY A HOSPITAL. you don't think hospitals have gurneys and ways to transport people across a street?

What would you expect? a Helicopter rescue? How would you think a frail 90 year old would survive that?

My issue isn't with figuring out what happened and holding people accountable, my issue is with people using this as political football.

I was a girl scout.. and carried many of the things I learned through life, ..awesome program

I seriously do not think this is a partisan issue. several in both parties let them down.

This has more to do with the initiative of the staff at the place than anything. An institutional review has to be done to determine who was in charge, were they even there, and what procedures the place had in place for emergencies like this.

See what I mean about blaming others..

Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) said he would be “demanding answers” about the deaths. The state’s Agency for Health Care Administration, which administers Florida’s Medicaid program, and its Department of Children and Families are investigating, he said in a statement.

“If they find that anyone wasn’t acting in the best interests of their patients, we will hold them accountable to the fullest extent of the law,” Scott said.

Post-Irma Deaths Bring Probe for Florida Nursing Home

He's doing his job, lets see if the bureaucracy does its job in the investigation.

Seriously If I was him I'd put the AG's office on it at the start.

Ok I will just say it..
My husband was in a political position in my area during the 1989 horrible earthquake in the SF Bay area south bay. So I saw it first hand what they do...I would like to know where this governor was when these urgent calls were coming into his number..
this local mayor in Florida ( democrat ) didn't get the right help to this facility ( I doubt if she even went there for herself .

I found this article for you..a reflect 20 years later..

For the next 48 hours, after making sure that my family was safe, I stayed at the City Command Center, directing our emergency response, calling the commanding General at the Presidio to ask for some 2,000 troops at his command to immediately be made available, and setting into motion those efforts needed to take us past the first week and into recovery.

Until you’ve been through an earthquake, you won’t realize that earthquakes keep repeating for hours or days with aftershocks. Each time, vulnerable buildings become more fragile, or even collapse. That means being watchful for any eventuality by taking control of the area with any available and necessary authority.

Reflections on the Loma Prieta Earthquake, 20 Years Later | HuffPost

You don't think the governor had 1000 other things to do, people calling him, texting him, emailing him during this period?

That's why you don't try to get help from the top, you are one of 10,000 people trying to do the exact same thing.

Hell at the lower levels you still have perfectly healthy morons calling the power company because their cable is out, which clogs the working lines and prevents people needing help from getting help.

This will end up being the main fault of the person running the place, and the people working at the time. The manager for not being prepared by way of legal code requirements, and the people at the scene for not showing ANY initiative whatsoever.

The deleted messages - first reported by CBS Miami's Jim DeFede - pinged Scott's inbox in the 36 hours before the first patient's death, a stretch of time between Sept. 10 and Sept. 11 when the facility lost critical power to its air conditioning system. The center's administrators maintain the calls to Scott were seeking "immediate assistance."

So what did Rick Scott do for these people? He was called by the hospital 36 hours before the first death, he did nothing.

This is disturbing.. I hope he gets nailed for it.

This is why I love twitter, this governor is toast.

The anguine Scott did nothing but tell people to call 911? Gee, he took a lot of interest. :eusa_doh:

How horrible to die from heat like that..He could have made the call to get them to a safe place.. what a awful man.

And he's the only one responsible?
How many other emails was he getting when his entire state was thwomped by a Hurricane?

Trying to score cheap political points via the death of old people, what a sad pathetic hack you are.

This one got through to him. And it must be a sore spot, his non response gives rise to fury, not answers. Tampa Bay Times Online.

When a house gets robbed in NYC do people report it to the Police Commissioner? Do people freak out when he doesn't respond?

This was a local failure done by local people. Stop trying to score cheap political points.
The governor knew the citizens could not get thru to 911, so he made a public announcement on all radio and tv news stations, that if they have a dire emergency, to call his phone number, which he gave out....36 hours before the first patient died, the nursing home called his number for emergency help, heard nothing, so they called again in 24 hours before the first died, and AGAIN heard nothing back from them, not even a call that they received the message, or that they passed the emergency on to 911.

This was a case of Murphy's Law.....

Many things went wrong....but the governor's staff and the number he gave out and PROMISS that he personally would help if they called his number, was ALSO a contributor to their unnecessary deaths imo.

I was a girl scout.. and carried many of the things I learned through life, ..awesome program

I seriously do not think this is a partisan issue. several in both parties let them down.

This has more to do with the initiative of the staff at the place than anything. An institutional review has to be done to determine who was in charge, were they even there, and what procedures the place had in place for emergencies like this.

See what I mean about blaming others..

Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) said he would be “demanding answers” about the deaths. The state’s Agency for Health Care Administration, which administers Florida’s Medicaid program, and its Department of Children and Families are investigating, he said in a statement.

“If they find that anyone wasn’t acting in the best interests of their patients, we will hold them accountable to the fullest extent of the law,” Scott said.

Post-Irma Deaths Bring Probe for Florida Nursing Home

He's doing his job, lets see if the bureaucracy does its job in the investigation.

Seriously If I was him I'd put the AG's office on it at the start.

Ok I will just say it..
My husband was in a political position in my area during the 1989 horrible earthquake in the SF Bay area south bay. So I saw it first hand what they do...I would like to know where this governor was when these urgent calls were coming into his number..
this local mayor in Florida ( democrat ) didn't get the right help to this facility ( I doubt if she even went there for herself .

I found this article for you..a reflect 20 years later..

For the next 48 hours, after making sure that my family was safe, I stayed at the City Command Center, directing our emergency response, calling the commanding General at the Presidio to ask for some 2,000 troops at his command to immediately be made available, and setting into motion those efforts needed to take us past the first week and into recovery.

Until you’ve been through an earthquake, you won’t realize that earthquakes keep repeating for hours or days with aftershocks. Each time, vulnerable buildings become more fragile, or even collapse. That means being watchful for any eventuality by taking control of the area with any available and necessary authority.

Reflections on the Loma Prieta Earthquake, 20 Years Later | HuffPost

You don't think the governor had 1000 other things to do, people calling him, texting him, emailing him during this period?

That's why you don't try to get help from the top, you are one of 10,000 people trying to do the exact same thing.

Hell at the lower levels you still have perfectly healthy morons calling the power company because their cable is out, which clogs the working lines and prevents people needing help from getting help.

This will end up being the main fault of the person running the place, and the people working at the time. The manager for not being prepared by way of legal code requirements, and the people at the scene for not showing ANY initiative whatsoever.

I deleted that post..but that is ok..you are fast..

Every disaster brings mistakes and deaths that could have been avoided...And your right the owner and employees will be blamed..

But on a political note Florida is the old people capital of the world who vote.. I wouldn't want to be the Mayor or Governor looking for a re-election after this..

The anguine Scott did nothing but tell people to call 911? Gee, he took a lot of interest. :eusa_doh:

How horrible to die from heat like that..He could have made the call to get them to a safe place.. what a awful man.

How many other emails was he getting when his entire state was thwomped by a Hurricane?

Trying to score cheap political points via the death of old people, what a sad pathetic hack you are.

This one got through to him. And it must be a sore spot, his non response gives rise to fury, not answers. Tampa Bay Times Online.

When a house gets robbed in NYC do people report it to the Police Commissioner? Do people freak out when he doesn't respond?

This was a local failure done by local people. Stop trying to score cheap political points.
The governor knew the citizens could not get thru to 911, so he made a public announcement on all radio and tv news stations, that if they have a dire emergency, to call his phone number, which he gave out....36 hours before the first patient died, the nursing home called his number for emergency help, heard nothing, so they called again in 24 hours before the first died, and AGAIN heard nothing back from them, not even a call that they received the message, or that they passed the emergency on to 911.

Many things went wrong....but the governor's staff and the number he gave out and PROMISS that he personally would help if they called his number, was ALSO a contributor to their unnecessary deaths imo.

Do you think he was also busy with 10,000 other people trying to reach him?

His mistake was to give the number out in the first place. The local's mistake was to sit there and wait for the cavalry while people were dying.

His mistake was to give the number out in the first place. The local's mistake was to sit there and wait for the cavalry while people were dying.

I agree, how many persons did he he give his personal number to, there is no way he could handle them all.

Yes, he gave hope and assurance that HE would make certain they got help....he should have never made that promise and never given out his number and have staff handle it.

Yes, he gave hope and assurance that HE would make certain they got help....he should have never made that promise and never given out his number and have staff handle it.

The question is does that remove the responsibility from the people running the place from showing some initiative, or the owner for not having a generator required as per code.

I agree, how many persons did he he give his personal number to, there is no way he could handle them all.

Sometimes trying to do the good thing isn't doing the right thing. That being said he maybe owns 1% of the disaster, plenty of other people are far more at fault.

The question is does that remove the responsibility from the people running the place from showing some initiative, or the owner for not having a generator required as per code.
I haven't read the article yet, but I followed the incident, and I believe they had a generator but it broke too??

And yes, the nursing home should be held accountable too!!! Panic made their minds go blank, seems like no one was thinking straight.....

I haven't read the article yet, but I followed the incident, and I believe they had a generator but it broke too??

And yes, the nursing home should be held accountable too!!! Panic made their minds go blank, seems like no one was thinking straight.....

The generator came back on, but not the AC.

No shit they had scrambled freaking brains. There was a hospital with AC a stone's throw away. The bullshit only stopped when the Chief of Nurses at Memorial Hospital WALKED across the road to see what the hell was going on and raise the alarm.

So Peach, you don't blame the nursing home for not transferring the patients to the air conditioned hospital RIGHT across the fucking road?

This is Scott's fault? Put down the bong.

:lmao:

You're assuming this happened in a vacuum. Who said the hospital had room for anyone else? I'm sure they were swamped with people already. There were a lot of things going on then.

I blame the relatives. Why didn't they come and check on their loved ones? Nah, they just got the fuck outta town and let the nursing home deal with them. How horrible is that?

Are you fucking kidding me? I'm assuming jack shit. I've put up the timeline.

They were sending dying patients to the hospital across the road. There was room. The head nurse walked to the nursing home and saw the conditions and went ballistic and raised the alarm.

BTW the relatives couldn't get thru from the reports I've read.

Forum List

Back