Did Gov. Scott, break the law?

So why not blame everyone on the chain? Why single out the Governor who was dealing with problems of the entire State?

I swear some of you people don't grasp the scale of things when running large organizations like a State government.

The captain goes down with the ship, why because he is the head of the ship ...

This hospital made many many calls to the governor screaming emergency 36 hours before the first death...

It made 4 calls to the highest person in the state, with a hospital right across the street with working air-conditioning.

Again, you don't call the police chief when your house gets robbed.

I would more blame the governor for giving out his # to these people in the first place. It abrogates the chain of command/responsibility and gives people the false impression that they will get the #1 attention of a man who has other things to worry about.

Again I said that he could have called it a state emergency and got 911 over there.. These people were old,frail and probably couldn't walk across the street. Especially in the heat.

Emergency services take things by the severity of the emergency, things get over looked..

This last summer my electricity went out with the 108 temps for 8 hours..they have employees who come right away and assess the immediate danger and then put the outage and a severity level..

The governor said that he would be on top of the emergency services didn't he? And yes he did in that government report link that I gave you.

And yes, I would call the police commissioner if a person was dying, not material things robbed from a home.

It was a hospital, they could have gurneyed the people over if they were asked. The administrator could have tried tons of other things to get help.

The whole State was a mess, he was dealing with issues across the whole State. why get a guy trying to run things in the whole State to fix a local issue?

Again, I blame him for giving out his number and giving people the false sense that calling him directly would get things done quicker than trying to get local help. That was his mistake in this situation.

Ok to be fair I found this on the rehabilitation center The owner deserves to be sued actually:... but it doesn't get Scott off the hook because employees were calling him for emergency help..

Timeline...link below

The owner was suppose to have a running generator for his center.

The listed owner of the nursing home, Dr. Jack Michel, has a history of fraud, Department of Justice records show.

Rehabilitation Center at Hollywood Hills: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

So why not blame everyone on the chain? Why single out the Governor who was dealing with problems of the entire State?

I swear some of you people don't grasp the scale of things when running large organizations like a State government.

This hospital made many many calls to the governor screaming emergency 36 hours before the first death...

It made 4 calls to the highest person in the state, with a hospital right across the street with working air-conditioning.

I would more blame the governor for giving out his # to these people in the first place. It abrogates the chain of command/responsibility and gives people the false impression that they will get the #1 attention of a man who has other things to worry about.

Again I said that he could have called it a state emergency and got 911 over there.. These people were old,frail and probably couldn't walk across the street. Especially in the heat.

Emergency services take things by the severity of the emergency, things get over looked..

This last summer my electricity went out with the 108 temps for 8 hours..they have employees who come right away and assess the immediate danger and then put the outage and a severity level..

The governor said that he would be on top of the emergency services didn't he? And yes he did in that government report link that I gave you.

And yes, I would call the police commissioner if a person was dying, not material things robbed from a home.

It was already declared a state of emergency. Walk across the street? Are you nuts? Truly? Like there weren't able bodied people in the Nursing Home or at the Hospital?

Talk about desperate fucking partisan politics.

AND his staff returned the calls.

It was a hospital, they could have gurneyed the people over if they were asked. The administrator could have tried tons of other things to get help.

The whole State was a mess, he was dealing with issues across the whole State. why get a guy trying to run things in the whole State to fix a local issue?

Again, I blame him for giving out his number and giving people the false sense that calling him directly would get things done quicker than trying to get local help. That was his mistake in this situation.

Ok to be fair I found this on the rehabilitation center The owner deserves to be sued actually:... but it doesn't get Scott off the hook because employees were calling him for emergency help..

Timeline...link below

The listed owner of the nursing home, Dr. Jack Michel, has a history of fraud, Department of Justice records show.

Rehabilitation Center at Hollywood Hills: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Calls were made, help arrived after the third death, and the Governor has wiped out evidence in a now criminal investigation:

The first call for help from the sweltering nursing home came at 3 a.m. Wednesday: a patient in cardiac arrest. An hour later came the second call, a patient struggling to breathe. Only with the third call did rescue officials begin to realize the gravity of the situation.

Rescue workers found three dead people on the second floor of the Rehabilitation Center at Hollywood Hills. By the end of the day, five more were dead, all of them vulnerable elderly, ranging in age from 70 to 99.

Police have launched a criminal investigation into the deaths, blamed on the stifling heat inside the nursing home, which lost power and air conditioning Sunday during Hurricane Irma. In question are the actions taken to protect nursing home residents from the escalating heat.

Already, serious questions are emerging:

Why doesn’t the state require nursing homes to have generators? A total of 150 homes, out of 700 statewide, were still without power Wednesday.

-- Who truly was responsible? The nursing home says it contacted Florida Power & Light immediately when it lost power to its air conditioning. The county says FPL refused to speed up its response to senior living facilities. And FPL said the county never listed nursing homes as critical facilities in power outages.

Hollywood nursing home with no power becomes death trap for 8 patients

Oh fuck off that he is responsible for the deaths you partisan hack. The hospital had a generator.

It was already declared a state of emergency. Walk across the street? Are you nuts? Truly? Like there weren't able bodied people in the Nursing Home or at the Hospital?

a 99 year old lady was one of them who died..what a heartless comment..

Calls were made, help arrived after the third death, and the Governor has wiped out evidence in a now criminal investigation:

The first call for help from the sweltering nursing home came at 3 a.m. Wednesday: a patient in cardiac arrest. An hour later came the second call, a patient struggling to breathe. Only with the third call did rescue officials begin to realize the gravity of the situation.

Rescue workers found three dead people on the second floor of the Rehabilitation Center at Hollywood Hills. By the end of the day, five more were dead, all of them vulnerable elderly, ranging in age from 70 to 99.

Police have launched a criminal investigation into the deaths, blamed on the stifling heat inside the nursing home, which lost power and air conditioning Sunday during Hurricane Irma. In question are the actions taken to protect nursing home residents from the escalating heat.

Why doesn’t the state require nursing homes to have generators? A total of 150 homes, out of 700 statewide, were still without power Wednesday.

-- Who truly was responsible? The nursing home says it contacted Florida Power & Light immediately when it lost power to its air conditioning. The county says FPL refused to speed up its response to senior living facilities. And FPL said the county never listed nursing homes as critical facilities in power outages.

Peach: this guy is a scumbag I was reading this about his past before being a governor. He was Well Aware of the dangers .

he co-founded Columbia Hospital Corporation with two business partners; this merged with Hospital Corporation of America in 1989, to form Columbia/HCA and eventually became the largest private for-profit health care company in the U.S.[3]

Rick Scott - Wikipedia

You really make me wish for the days we had a "down" arrow.

You are desperately playing partisan politics. Talk about disgusting.

Timeline...link below

To be fair the people running the place had a damn hospital across the street none of them had the cognitive ability to go there for help.

And if the owner was that bad, criminal charges should be filed. This has negligent homicide written all over it.

ubhsj.jpg

Oh fuck off that he is responsible for the deaths you partisan hack. The hospital had a generator.

The article states the AC did not come back when lights did, and the criminal investigation involves the nursing home.

Ok partisan hacks especially Peach and Eaglewings. Get some vaseline so this doesn't hurt so bad.

Here's a timeline. When this shit at the nursing home finally ended was when the freaking chief nursing officer at Memorial Regional Hospital WALKED OVER to the nursing home and alerted authorities.

You really are just partisan pigs.

Tuesday morning: The nursing home told the Broward County Emergency Operations Center that it had lost power, according to a statement by the center. A "mission-critical" request to restore power was made to Florida Power & Light.

The nursing home was asked if it had any medical needs or emergencies, Broward County Mayor Barbara Sharief said in the center's statement. No assistance was requested.

That day, one patient was found dead and taken to a funeral home. The patient had a do-not-resuscitate order, according to Hollywood city spokeswoman Raelin Storey. No one called authorities to alert them, Storey said.

3 a.m. Wednesday: Someone called 911 for a patient suffering cardiac arrest. That patient was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital.

4 a.m. Wednesday: A second 911 call came in to transport another resident with breathing problems.
After the second call was completed, a fire lieutenant notified a battalion chief and called the Department of Children and Families to report concerns about the facility.

Shortly thereafter: A third 911 call came in for yet another patient transport -- this time prompting the fire department to send more crews to the nursing home to investigate.

Are you assholes catching this?

In addition to the resident taken to a funeral home on Tuesday, three others were found dead on the second floor of the nursing home, and several others were in distress.

Here's where the head nurse from Memorial walks over you morons claiming power lines were down.

Around 5 or 5:30, Judy Frum, chief nursing officer at Memorial Regional Hospital, noticed that patients were coming to the emergency room with "extraordinarily high temps."

Since the hospital was a stone's throw away from the nursing home, Frum decided to walk over and investigate.

What she saw -- the patients in distress, the unbearable heat -- prompted her to trigger the hospital's mass-casualty alert.

"The temperature in that room would've definitely been a concern for anybody, not just the elderly," Frum told CNN's Elizabeth Cohen.

Florida nursing home deaths: Investigations underway - CNN

Timeline...link below

To be fair the people running the place had a damn hospital across the street none of them had the cognitive ability to go there for help.

And if the owner was that bad, criminal charges should be filed. This has negligent homicide written all over it.

There is a criminal investigation going on, so the owner will get charged I am sure. I think that every person that let these people down should take responsibility for it... Everyone is just pushing it on the other ...

And: have you ever been to a old folks home? And I would like to find out how many patients were in there.. I think more old people would have died walking in that humidity.. I went through some medical stuff which affected my ability to tolerate any heat, I pass out so I can understand ..

The article states the AC did not come back when lights did, and the criminal investigation involves the nursing home.

Tuesday morning. No assistance was requested.

A "mission-critical" request to restore power was made to Florida Power & Light. The nursing home was asked if it had any medical needs or emergencies, Broward County Mayor Barbara Sharief said in the center's statement. No assistance was requested.

Timeline...link below

There is a criminal investigation going on, so the owner will get charged I am sure. I think that every person that let these people down should take responsibility for it... Everyone is just pushing it on the other ...

And: have you ever been to a old folks home? And I would like to find out how many patients were in there.. I think more old people would have died walking in that humidity.. I went through some medical stuff which affected my ability to tolerate any heat, I pass out so I can understand ..

I volunteered at one when I was in Boy Scouts decades ago, and visited my grandmother and my friend (both deceased now) when they were there in the past 5 years.

Again, THEY WERE BY A HOSPITAL. you don't think hospitals have gurneys and ways to transport people across a street?

What would you expect? a Helicopter rescue? How would you think a frail 90 year old would survive that?

My issue isn't with figuring out what happened and holding people accountable, my issue is with people using this as political football.

Ok partisan hacks especially Peach and Eaglewings. Get some vaseline so this doesn't hurt so bad.

Here's a timeline. When this shit at the nursing home finally ended was when the freaking chief nursing officer at Memorial Regional Hospital WALKED OVER to the nursing home and alerted authorities.

You really are just partisan pigs.

Tuesday morning: The nursing home told the Broward County Emergency Operations Center that it had lost power, according to a statement by the center. A "mission-critical" request to restore power was made to Florida Power & Light.

The nursing home was asked if it had any medical needs or emergencies, Broward County Mayor Barbara Sharief said in the center's statement. No assistance was requested.

That day, one patient was found dead and taken to a funeral home. The patient had a do-not-resuscitate order, according to Hollywood city spokeswoman Raelin Storey. No one called authorities to alert them, Storey said.

3 a.m. Wednesday: Someone called 911 for a patient suffering cardiac arrest. That patient was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital.

4 a.m. Wednesday: A second 911 call came in to transport another resident with breathing problems.
After the second call was completed, a fire lieutenant notified a battalion chief and called the Department of Children and Families to report concerns about the facility.

Shortly thereafter: A third 911 call came in for yet another patient transport -- this time prompting the fire department to send more crews to the nursing home to investigate.

Are you assholes catching this?

In addition to the resident taken to a funeral home on Tuesday, three others were found dead on the second floor of the nursing home, and several others were in distress.

Here's where the head nurse from Memorial walks over you morons claiming power lines were down.

Around 5 or 5:30, Judy Frum, chief nursing officer at Memorial Regional Hospital, noticed that patients were coming to the emergency room with "extraordinarily high temps."

Since the hospital was a stone's throw away from the nursing home, Frum decided to walk over and investigate.

What she saw -- the patients in distress, the unbearable heat -- prompted her to trigger the hospital's mass-casualty alert.

"The temperature in that room would've definitely been a concern for anybody, not just the elderly," Frum told CNN's Elizabeth Cohen.

Broward County Mayor Barbara Sharief said in the center's statement. No assistance was requested.

She needs to be held accountable as well, and she is a democrat...Who is the Fucking partisan hack in this thread..

Fuck..

Timeline...link below

I volunteered at one when I was in Boy Scouts decades ago, and visited my grandmother and my friend (both deceased now) when they were there in the past 5 years.

Again, THEY WERE BY A HOSPITAL. you don't think hospitals have gurneys and ways to transport people across a street?

What would you expect? a Helicopter rescue? How would you think a frail 90 year old would survive that?

My issue isn't with figuring out what happened and holding people accountable, my issue is with people using this as political football.

I was a girl scout.. and carried many of the things I learned through life, ..awesome program

I seriously do not think this is a partisan issue. several in both parties let them down.

Timeline...link below

I was a girl scout.. and carried many of the things I learned through life, ..awesome program

I seriously do not think this is a partisan issue. several in both parties let them down.

This has more to do with the initiative of the staff at the place than anything. An institutional review has to be done to determine who was in charge, were they even there, and what procedures the place had in place for emergencies like this.

Timeline...link below

This has more to do with the initiative of the staff at the place than anything. An institutional review has to be done to determine who was in charge, were they even there, and what procedures the place had in place for emergencies like this.

See what I mean about blaming others..

Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) said he would be “demanding answers” about the deaths. The state’s Agency for Health Care Administration, which administers Florida’s Medicaid program, and its Department of Children and Families are investigating, he said in a statement.

“If they find that anyone wasn’t acting in the best interests of their patients, we will hold them accountable to the fullest extent of the law,” Scott said.

Post-Irma Deaths Bring Probe for Florida Nursing Home

See what I mean about blaming others..

Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) said he would be “demanding answers” about the deaths. The state’s Agency for Health Care Administration, which administers Florida’s Medicaid program, and its Department of Children and Families are investigating, he said in a statement.

“If they find that anyone wasn’t acting in the best interests of their patients, we will hold them accountable to the fullest extent of the law,” Scott said.

Post-Irma Deaths Bring Probe for Florida Nursing Home

He's doing his job, lets see if the bureaucracy does its job in the investigation.

Seriously If I was him I'd put the AG's office on it at the start.

Timeline...link below

And : If the owner didn't care about the generator, I can almost bet you that the center didn't have an emergency protocol either in place.. This center will be shut down I am sure.

Forum List

Back