Did Jesus die on the cross just so we can now eat a Ham sandwich ?

Think about it and read your bible what exactly changed from the old Testament laws and Paul's commands in his letters?

My only conclusion is we now can eat a Ham sandwich and that's it

Another thing if Jesus ended the old laws why does everyone post the 10 commandments on their lawns?
Sleeping outside of a Subway and dreaming again.

I think their ham is made out of turkey.
Go somewhere else.

Someone please tell me why a lot of Christians don't want to work on sunday???

Again I thought in the book of Galatians Jesus set everyone free from the old laws?

( and everyone knows Jesus didn't work on a Sunday...(sarcasm alert )

Think about it and read your bible what exactly changed from the old Testament laws and Paul's commands in his letters?

Another thing if Jesus ended the old laws why does everyone post the 10 commandments on their lawns?
I heard it was a Rueben.

The difference is in how we atone for our sins.
Thank you...

I drew up a comparison of the "new" laws on a piece of paper one night, (I should do it on a computer) if you put Matthew , luke the 13 books of paul, peter, John side by side it's fascinating to me.

Take out Paul's letters and Jesus is saying you will be judged accordinly (spl) take John 8 for example with the woman commiting adultery (she would of been stoned to death with the law of moses) but Jesus is saying show compasion, love. ..

But Paul messes it all up and says no one will enter the kingdom of heaven ..if they do this or do that..blah blah blah in Galatians 5 and Ephesians 5

You seem really angry about these questions. Why?

But to give you just one answer: the curtain in the Temple was torn in two, top to bottom, upon Jesus' crucifixion. Do you know the significance of that?

Lots more than a ham sandwich

You seem really angry about these questions. Why?

But to give you just one answer: the curtain in the Temple was torn in two, top to bottom, upon Jesus' crucifixion. Do you know the significance of that?

Lots more than a ham sandwich
I am not angry, I have mixed feelings about paul, James writes his book and then Paul writes Galatians to dispute it.

So please tell me how is it more then a Ham sandwich? People could have eternal life before under the law of Moses , did God make a mistake with his Covent so he sent Jesus to make it right?

To close to home?

I just find you amusing.

You appear to have utterly zero understanding of the Hebrew religion.

The concept of "salvation" for instance, is a uniquely Christian one. Hebrews sought to atone for seen that WHEN the Messiah came, they might be redeemed. Heaven, under the Hebrews was the abode of Angels, not men.

I just find you amusing.

You appear to have utterly zero understanding of the Hebrew religion.

The concept of "salvation" for instance, is a uniquely Christian one. Hebrews sought to atone for seen that WHEN the Messiah came, they might be redeemed. Heaven, under the Hebrews was the abode of Angels, not men.
All I know of the Hebrew religion is my bible and I read it the way I comprehend it, to me it says you can get salvation under the laws of Moses

Take the Recabites in Jeremiah 35 for example ( kin to Jesse) they obeyed gods laws and didn't drink to me they got salvation.

I am not angry, I have mixed feelings about paul, James writes his book and then Paul writes Galatians to dispute it.

So please tell me how is it more then a Ham sandwich? People could have eternal life before under the law of Moses , did God make a mistake with his Covent so he sent Jesus to make it right?

No, God did not make a "mistake". He unfolded a plan over time, like when you raise children. The Law of Moses was sufficient for a time, similar to the way a child's bedtime of 8 PM is sufficient for a time, but not intended to be a "forever" edict. The Law--and the rule about bedtimes--is supposed to accomplish a larger goal.

No, God did not make a "mistake". He unfolded a plan over time, like when you raise children. The Law of Moses was sufficient for a time, similar to the way a child's bedtime of 8 PM is sufficient for a time, but not intended to be a "forever" edict. The Law--and the rule about bedtimes--is supposed to accomplish a larger goal.
Are you suggesting God didn't know what was going to happen?

What happened to you were chosen before you were in the womb/ God knew you?

Where we just a toy? His play things?

Are you suggesting God didn't know what was going to happen?

What happened to you were chosen before you were in the womb/ God knew you?

Where we just a toy? His play things?

Revelation--the Great White Throne Judgment and the Lamb's Book of Life. It doesn't matter when you lived; if your name is there, you are saved by Jesus.

Revelation--the Great White Throne Judgment and the Lamb's Book of Life. It doesn't matter when you lived; if your name is there, you are saved by Jesus.
So now you are back to predestination? What happened to free will?

Can we still rape? :dunno:
Funny how that word "rape" is not found in the bible anywhere that I have ever seen as far as I recall.

It's actually not "funny" I reckon. It's a horrific crime. Probably falls into the commandment of not coveting they neighbor's ass.

I'm going to hell.... Hope to see you there, at least we might have some laughs between the demonic torture sessions.

Funny how that word "rape" is not found in the bible anywhere that I have ever seen as far as I recall.

It's actually not "funny" I reckon. It's a horrific crime. Probably falls into the commandment of not coveting they neighbor's ass.

I'm going to hell.... Hope to see you there, at least we might have some laughs between the demonic torture sessions.

Dinah got raped the little sister of joesph, levi, Judah..... the first girl ever. So did king David's daughter Tamar by her own brother

Try simplicity. Jesus began proclaiming, Sins are forgiven. Present tense. (Not that sins will be forgiven when he gives his life on the cross.) The simple idea that sins are forgiven troubled many people of his time, especially people like Annas and Caiaphas who were Temple leaders of the time (and never known for being particularly good ones, even today).

Jesus was challenged. Who gave Jesus the authority to announce sins are forgiven? Jesus said he was anointed by God to say this and was going about doing the will of the Father.

Of course, he was challenged to prove this was a New Covenant (Testament) between God and mankind. Where was the blood sacrifice? Jesus' response was there would be no sign other than the sign of Jonah, i.e. the resurrection.

Jesus was basically told to stop his announcement that sins are forgiven/repentance for the forgiveness of sins or take the consequences. Jesus would not stop. He took the consequences.

Forum List

Back