Did President Obama separate families at the border? Yes!

The tactic here, obviously, is to lay it ALL on Trump, even though things were already bad enough.

As usual, both parties fail us, and as usual, they just point the finger at the other guys.
I see the left pointing fingers and the right reacting to it/defending themselves.
And I dont recall anyone pointing fingers at Obama when he did the same thing.

Nice try but ultimately a fail.
Gramps, the two ends are never exactly the same in every situation. Every situation is different.

But, the two sides sure as hell share many behaviors overall. One of those similar behaviors is doing everything they can to avoid accepting any responsibility for a problem, choosing instead to shift all the blame to the other side.

That's my point.
There is no problem. No blame to place. What is happening is not an issue. The finger pointing is based on fake emotional bullshit that THE LEFT is manufacturing.
YOU fail to recognize or admit that.

Fuck these illegals. Don't want to be separated from your kids? Stay the hell out of our country.

The more the left squeals the more angry I get about it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

SIDE WITH AMERICA AND ITS LAWS FOR ONCE YOU ASSHOLES
You are delusional. Republicans are showing desperation to wash this shit stain off of them but it is not working. No one wants to see little kids crying and being tortured because they have been ripped away from their Mom's. Those pictures can not be lied about and hidden away.

Like this one, taken in 2014 ?

You have absolutely no evidence that those are kids that were separated from their parents and not kids who showed up unaccompanied. You also have no evidence that those kids were not being photographed in a short term holding cell.
Your photo offers no evidence of anything.

Americans need to face this reality. The Corrupt far right wing of the GOP is doing everything that they can to obstruct the will of the people. That will change this fall.
You should riot as Nancy commanded you. There’s a Starbucks on the corner begging to be ransacked.
It's the Alt Right that tries to riot and gets its butt kicked. Tissue?

The Alt Right supports the separation of children from families asking for asylum.
Why do the Democrats want to put innocent children in jail with adults?
Liberals are mean, cruel and hate children.

That is beside the point that we have never had to separate the kids from their parents before; if the Administration had thought this through and actually gotten ready for a Zero Tolerance policy, okay. But they didn't, and it has become as much of a cluster f*ck as the first travel ban was.

It began in 2014, as the article posted earlier showed...
Obama and Bush both tried it briefly, there was an uproar and they determined:
The zero tolerance practice of immediately imprisoning, prosecuting, and deporting immigrants who illegally enter the United States has been around since 2005, but the George W. Bush and Obama administrations were morally and pragmatically opposed to separating immigrant children from their families, even if some adult immigrants were clearly taking advantage of that compassion.

“That’s not who we are,” a team of Obama officials concluded after briefly considering the separations, according to former domestic policy adviser Cecilia Muñoz. Another Obama administration veteran, former Homeland Security Secretary Jeh C. Johnson, told the Times that efforts to deter undocumented immigrants from entering the U.S. are ineffective. “Whether it’s family detention, messaging about dangers of the journey, or messaging about separating families and zero tolerance, it’s always going to have at best a short-term reaction,” he explained.

Separating Families at the Border Was Always Part of the Plan

The tactic here, obviously, is to lay it ALL on Trump, even though things were already bad enough.

As usual, both parties fail us, and as usual, they just point the finger at the other guys.

This issue has proven to us all, how dishonest the board's leftists are.

Before Jeff Sessions Separated Immigrant Families, Obama Did It
May 8, 2018, 6:16pm Tina Vasquez

A program that detains male Mexican migrants near the border and repatriates them far from their area of origin ramped up under the Obama administration—and often led to family separation.

Before Jeff Sessions Separated Immigrant Families, Obama Did It - Rewire.News
I read your article, and it seems to be talking about males being separated from the wife and children, but I didn't see anything about the children being separated from mothers.

It's still a separation of families, and Obama was doing it, and not a peep out of the left.
It is not a separation of families. The link does not make that claim. The link shows the family being separated from the father. The rest of the family is kept intact. Brothers and sisters were kept with their mothers.

A program that detains male Mexican migrants near the border and repatriates them far from their area of origin ramped up under the Obama administration—and often led to family separation.

I read your article, and it seems to be talking about males being separated from the wife and children, but I didn't see anything about the children being separated from mothers.

It's still a separation of families, and Obama was doing it, and not a peep out of the left.
It wasn't separating children from both parents. When the idea of what Trump is doing was floated, there was a huge uproar and it was not enacted.

It wasn't separating children from both parents. When the idea of what Trump is doing was floated, there was a huge uproar and it was not enacted.

But it was still breaking families up, and the fathers were taken sometimes thousands of miles away.

It's pointless, I know, since there is no active listening ability where conservatives are concerned.

Obama did separate kids from parents but not as a hard and fast policy. Sometimes they did, some times (most times according to reports) they did not.
Trump is doing it as a hard and fast policy. So much so, a new center in El Paso is being opened to hold, I believe 4,100 boys. For how long? Nobody knows.

Those are simply the facts of the matter.

The really sad thing is that once they really ratchet up the body count….this will be remembered as the good old days. Soon there will be no room for the 1” thick mat and thermal saran wrap blanket:

View attachment 199411

It is the parent's fault for breaking our immigration laws

That is beside the point that we have never had to separate the kids from their parents before; if the Administration had thought this through and actually gotten ready for a Zero Tolerance policy, okay. But they didn't, and it has become as much of a cluster f*ck as the first travel ban was.

It began in 2014, as the article posted earlier showed...
Obama and Bush both tried it briefly, there was an uproar and they determined:
The zero tolerance practice of immediately imprisoning, prosecuting, and deporting immigrants who illegally enter the United States has been around since 2005, but the George W. Bush and Obama administrations were morally and pragmatically opposed to separating immigrant children from their families, even if some adult immigrants were clearly taking advantage of that compassion.

“That’s not who we are,” a team of Obama officials concluded after briefly considering the separations, according to former domestic policy adviser Cecilia Muñoz. Another Obama administration veteran, former Homeland Security Secretary Jeh C. Johnson, told the Times that efforts to deter undocumented immigrants from entering the U.S. are ineffective. “Whether it’s family detention, messaging about dangers of the journey, or messaging about separating families and zero tolerance, it’s always going to have at best a short-term reaction,” he explained.

Separating Families at the Border Was Always Part of the Plan
...and the Democrats never ended the policy.

So the angle on this rationalization of the policy of brutality is that Trump is no better than Obama. You sure you want to go with that?
So what your saying is we should all ignore what was done during the Obama administration because TRUUUUUUUP !!!!!!!!

No. Please continue. But keep in mind, Obama hasn't been in office for over a year or so...you're stating Trump cannot solve problems whenever you play the "what about" game.
But why then did Obama blame everything on Bush?

-Geaux

So the angle on this rationalization of the policy of brutality is that Trump is no better than Obama. You sure you want to go with that?
So what your saying is we should all ignore what was done during the Obama administration because TRUUUUUUUP !!!!!!!!

No. Please continue. But keep in mind, Obama hasn't been in office for over a year or so...you're stating Trump cannot solve problems whenever you play the "what about" game.

-Geaux
...and why do he and snowflakes STILL blame Bush...and now Trump...for everything? :p

I see the left pointing fingers and the right reacting to it/defending themselves.
And I dont recall anyone pointing fingers at Obama when he did the same thing.

Nice try but ultimately a fail.
Gramps, the two ends are never exactly the same in every situation. Every situation is different.

But, the two sides sure as hell share many behaviors overall. One of those similar behaviors is doing everything they can to avoid accepting any responsibility for a problem, choosing instead to shift all the blame to the other side.

That's my point.
There is no problem. No blame to place. What is happening is not an issue. The finger pointing is based on fake emotional bullshit that THE LEFT is manufacturing.
YOU fail to recognize or admit that.

Fuck these illegals. Don't want to be separated from your kids? Stay the hell out of our country.

The more the left squeals the more angry I get about it and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

SIDE WITH AMERICA AND ITS LAWS FOR ONCE YOU ASSHOLES

Particularly hilarious is the guy who steals cable (and posts about it here) as well as being an ex-con is telling someone else to “side with america and it’s laws”….

-Geaux
How well did it work for Obama and the Democrats? PS: He discontinued many of the policies that Bush had enacted. He kept some.

Does anyone remember any of the boards libs starting any threads and being outraged, years ago about the issue of separating families during Obama's presidency ?

[
The Alien Transfer Exit Program

The United States since 2008 has had a policy called the Alien Transfer Exit Program (ATEP), which detains male Mexican migrants near the border and, instead of repatriating them to their area of origin, leaves them hundreds—and sometimes thousands—of miles away at the opposite end of the U.S.-Mexico border. They are often released from custody at unusual times of day in completely unfamiliar areas where they have no family or other support system. The practice is supposed to deter further border crossing attempts, but instead it subjects migrants to crime and danger.

In 2011, the Alien Transfer Exit Program affected an estimated one-fifth of migrants detained by Border Patrol along the southwest border. That’s because ATEP ramped up under the Obama administration as a way to handle the spike in Mexican migrants attempting to enter the United States.
/QUOTE]

Obama also restricted immigration from certain terrorist Islamic countries, just like Trump.

However, the court system only stopped Trump cuz he is supposedly a racist.

Funny, I don't recall a trial proving that.

Trump is just continuing Obama's policy, till he can get a better one in place.

The 'despicable racist demagogue' just pointed out that anyone claiming that the OBAMA administration camps and TEMP separations of kids from adults no one knows for sure if they are the parents or not are 'concentration camps' are nuts and have no clue what the Concentrations were really like.

I completely agree. Temporarily separating kids from unknown adults for their own protection is a helluva lot different than the attempted genocide of an entire race of people by marching them into ovens and slaughtering them in massive numbers.

'Fear-mongering, emotion-manipulating morons' doesn't even do justice to these ignorant assholes.

What I want to "go with" is honesty.

You guys are spreading this shit all over the internet, and not a single one of you will acknowledge that Obama was also separating families by taking the men away from their families.
He was doing it years ago, and not a peep out of any of you.

Hold on a minute here, was he taking men away from the family or was he taking kids from their parents? A little bit of a difference here.
how so?

So a husband and wife and 3 little kids cross the border, obama snatches the father but leaves the kids with mom, this is not the same as taking the kids away from both parents. He also took kids away from someone who claimed that the kid was theirs when in fact it wasn't and they used the kid just to get across the border.

Forum List

Back