Did you buy a certified mask or one off of the streets--------- ?

should our federal government classify the safety of masks ?

• yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • no

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017
MASK Certification

On a scale of 1-10;

1 being -------the worst

10 the …………highest\ safest

This classification should be determined by the Center for Disease Control

Which is a federally funded (our tax dollars) government entity, like the FBI.

Personally, when in public places I use an N95 mask, but I have seen friends using masks with only one layer of barrier and it does not conform to your nose surface.

Those folks are probably using masks with a certification rating of 3.

Ok, I use an N95 mask;

I hope you and yours are using one of equal quality or better

Question: Should the government step in and “classify” the masks being used today-?

BTW: I give N95 mask a rating of 8
:)-

Last edited:
MASK Certification

On a scale of 1-10;

1 being -------the worst

Personally, when in public places I use an N95 mask, but I have seen friends using masks with only one layer of barrier and it does not conform to your nose surface.

Ok, I use an N95 mask;

Question: Should the government step in and “classify” the masks being used today-?

I took mine from a bank robber. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

MASK Certification

On a scale of 1-10;

1 being -------the worst

Those folks are probably using masks with a certified rating of 3.

Ok, I use an N95 mask.

I've stopped wearing masks save for the rare occasion we must visit a doctor's office or the hospital. In Maryland I avoid convenience and grocery stores where I am not known—establishments with workers whose heads will explode if they can see my face. In Pennsylvania, convenience and grocery store workers apparently are not allowed to demand customers wear masks. If one of them would do so I'd smile and ignore them. I've also got a service dog who looks like he could eat your face off. I suppose that helps.

MASK Certification

On a scale of 1-10;

1 being -------the worst

Ok, I use an N95 mask;

I don't wear a bullshit mask.

I was covering my face with a cloth mask that Hanes made. Now I use it to wipe my bifocals.
My first eyeglasses had two lenses; one above the other; actually, two separate pieces of glass.

Sixty (60) years later I was given plastic lenses with unique focal properties.

The world is unfolding as it should

As I see it;.,.,.,.,. at this moment in time

How about you--?

MASK Certification

On a scale of 1-10;

1 being -------the worst

Ok, I use an N95 mask;

I was fortunate enough to have some N95 masks I had purchased for a construction project left over from before this whole mess started. I'm getting close to running out. Unless the government is going to supply masks for free, then I am absolutely against them rating them. This can only lead to price gouging by vendors and manufacturers.
Also, a masks rating or blocking value means absolutly nothing if it is not worn correctly. And a quick look around will inform you that MOST do not wear their face covering correctly.

MASK Certification

On a scale of 1-10;

1 being -------the worst

Ok, I use an N95 mask;

There simply are NONE certified for filtering out viral contagions.

My wife brought home a cloth one for me from her clinic three months ago. Been wearing the same dirty unwashed mask into stores ever since, peeling the damn thing off the second I hit the exit then stuffing it into my dirty pocket.

Apparently it makes morons feel safer. :dunno:

I wear mine on my chin. Went into a crappy gun store a couple weeks ago, and the woman behind the counter asked me if I could pull my mask up over my face. So I walked out.

They're one of those gun shops that I think is owned by Democrats. The prices on everything were totally stupid high, the damned neckbeard hoarder bastards.

This is the kind that I've been wearing.

6-mask.jpg

God bless you and the girl in the picture always!!!

Holly

And a quick look around will inform you that MOST do not wear their face covering correctly.
If/when I see someone incorrectly wearing a mask; what should I tell this person-?
Again, just curious
no animosity intended or implied

And a quick look around will inform you that MOST do not wear their face covering correctly.
If/when I see someone incorrectly wearing a mask; what should I tell this person-?
Again, just curious
no animosity intended or implied

None taken..
IMO....Nothing. Unless you fancy yourself the Mask Gestapo.
1602111503652.jpeg

If they are an adult, they are wearing the mask exactly the way they feel comfortable wearing it. If you are uncomfortable with the way they are wearing it, move away. Wear your mask as you feel comfortable and protect yourself.

My wife brought home a cloth one for me from her clinic three months ago. Been wearing the same dirty unwashed mask into stores ever since, peeling the damn thing off the second I hit the exit then stuffing it into my dirty pocket.

Apparently it makes morons feel safer. :dunno:
Exactly what I do. Sometimes I'll just slip it over my arm so I'm "wearing a mask". I've got to get around to getting myself a Halloween "facemask" before Halloween is over.

MASK Certification

On a scale of 1-10;

1 being -------the worst

Ok, I use an N95 mask;

lol. Tshirt works fine for me.

MODERATOR-----

I posted post #19

It was crude, distasteful and yes; repugnant!!!

Please MODERATOR; since I was the poster who made that post I hereby request that the post be deleted.

Thanks in advance

And to all fellow posters, please forgive me for my shameful post

Forum List

Back