🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Did you guys know that most of the public did not support the impeachment of Clinton?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I still remember when the republicans impeached Bill Clinton on charges he lied on the witness stand. It is a true fact that he did lie and it was funny to watch Clinton supporters not acknowledge that until Bill Clinton admitted that on television in 1999. Despite the testimony and the facts involved but what is most surprising is that the public did not support impeaching the president whatsoever. Call it a bias media that protected him but it is still a democracy and the public did not support removing him from power. I really believe that was the thing that led to the GOP losing seats in the 90s.

I think most of the public might have felt it was just political motivated which is why they didn't think the intentions of the GOP were completely honorable and true. It is funny, we never questioned the motives of the democrats who brought down Nixon but in both cases the public spoke. Call it unfair but it is what it is sometimes and there is nothing we can do about it. The public can be kind of fickle in its opinions but that ficklness is irrelevant in a democracy since it the people who decide how their representatives should act. It doesn't matter how unfair it can be sometimes or even how unwise some people think those decisions are because it is a democracy.

The right doesn't seem to care if they are seen as petty and dishonorable. It's as if they are proud of that reputation. If it bothered them at all, they would probably behave more honorably.

Forum List

Back