Dire Warning On Coming Food Shortage

I find it best to have more control over what I open and how much. This way if I need to use it I do not need to eat a whole 5 gallon bucket of something before opening something else.

It is worth the bit of extra time to do it this way.
Ya, I use one gallon Mason jars because it takes me a while to even go thru that. Five gallon and my stuff would definitely go bad. Unfortunately I did not can much last year and learned a lesson the hard way there. My freezer took a crap on me in April and lost over 200 lbs in meat alone. I was just to dang tired after a day of hunting or fishing and processing to then add canning. This year I made a deal with a neighbor to process and can for me and they a percentage of the take. I am still cleaning my own fish at this point but the hot weather is coming and that tires me more. Likely to start dropping fish off sometime this week. Mid 90s on the lake all week this week. The fish have already moved into the deep. Earliest I have ever seen that. Worried they will move east soon and out of range for my boats. Already traveling hour and forty minutes each way for them. This may be the shortest walleye season in my history. Coming off the worst perch season of my history. Hope perch are better this year. Not likely though already seeing commercial perch nets all over the place. That is flat horseshit!! That continues I guarantee charter captains will be out there in the middle of the night cutting those nets.

As long as there is sunshine, dirt, and rain, we will eat. Tomatoes, peppers, squash, kohlrabi, celery, and beans. Also 100 acres of wooded land, full of deer, turkey, squirrels, and rabbits, and dogs that love to hunt.

View attachment 660391

View attachment 660392

View attachment 660393
If there is a real food shortage wild game will be gone pretty quick. Just like it was decimated during the Depression.

Americans will be last ones on this planet to starve but I suspect between the effects of the Chinese bioweapon to get rid of Trump, the Democrat mismanagement of the economy and the loss of the Ukraine bread basket there will be major shortages and very high prices.

Kudos to you for having a garden.

the shortages will be caused by panic buying, just like during hurricanes
it's OK to be prepared, but mass panic is a real problem

There are plenty of other shelf stable items with flour in them that aren't in short supply....There's something shaking with pasta and noodles.

In any event, stocking up before the panic is in fact the best move to make.

Not if you have "Friends" and "Overwatch" ( One thing learned in the Balkan Conflicts of the 1990s was Loners / Small Groups Died , Larger Groups Survived .)
You are correct about that.

You best defense is to be part of a larger well armed community.

A fuckin' 6# can of Crisco is $20.00+ now.....Good thing I cut back.

There are other options.........save the fat trimmings from meat, skin from chicken, then render it and keep it in the fridge.....different meats in different containers. Use it like you would shortening, lard, or oil for cooking

There are other options.........save the fat trimmings from meat, skin from chicken, then render it and keep it in the fridge.....different meats in different containers. Use it like you would shortening, lard, or oil for cooking

just about anything is better than using Crisco

Forum List

Back