🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Dirty Harry- the Bomb not the movie

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
It seems incredible that the mainstream media, the scientific community, the Military, the academic community and the US government could enter into a conspiracy that would ignore the deaths of American citizens. The Howard Hughes movie "the Conqueror" filmed in the Utah badlands was doomed for a lot of reasons including the laughable role of John Wayne as Genghus Kahn. The feds had just radiated the Nevada desert with yet another Atomic explosion called Dirty Harry just before Hughes's studio set up the wind machines that blew radioactive dust over the cast and crew. All the major actors died prematurely of cancer within 20 years or less. Another point that nobody seems to make is that during the Clinton administration the DOD revised the casualty statistics of the Korean War from around 50,000 to 35,000. For some reason the DOD decided that unlike every other American Conflict only the Troops actually killed on the peninsula of Korea would be reflected in the revised statistics. What happened to the other 15,000 American servicemen who were killed during the Korean War conflict and not included included in the statistics? Radiation poisoning?

It seems incredible that the mainstream media, the scientific community, the Military, the academic community and the US government could enter into a conspiracy that would ignore the deaths of American citizens. The Howard Hughes movie "the Conqueror" filmed in the Utah badlands was doomed for a lot of reasons including the laughable role of John Wayne as Genghus Kahn. The feds had just radiated the Nevada desert with yet another Atomic explosion called Dirty Harry just before Hughes's studio set up the wind machines that blew radioactive dust over the cast and crew. All the major actors died prematurely of cancer within 20 years or less. Another point that nobody seems to make is that during the Clinton administration the DOD revised the casualty statistics of the Korean War from around 50,000 to 35,000. For some reason the DOD decided that unlike every other American Conflict only the Troops actually killed on the peninsula of Korea would be reflected in the revised statistics. What happened to the other 15,000 American servicemen who were killed during the Korean War conflict and not included included in the statistics? Radiation poisoning?
scrapping the bottom of the barrel for things to bitch about?

Maybe you have me mixed up with Carl Sagan. Sagan apparently thought the world was going to end when the Iraq nut cases lit off the oil fields. The world barley noticed. Anyway I thought that about 15,000 Troops dying in three years and cut from the DOD records might be an interesting conspiracy.

Maybe you have me mixed up with Carl Sagan. Sagan apparently thought the world was going to end when the Iraq nut cases lit off the oil fields. The world barley noticed. Anyway I thought that about 15,000 Troops dying in three years and cut from the DOD records might be an interesting conspiracy.
it might have been 60 years ago ....there are still a shit load of missing from the civil war and ww2..
no amount of debate will ever bring them back.

why is it guys like you have a talent for misstating the facts:
During Operation Desert Storm, Dr. S. Fred Singer and Carl Sagan discussed the possible environmental impacts of the Kuwaiti petroleum fires on the ABC News program Nightline. Sagan argued that some of the effects of the smoke could be similar to the effects of nuclear winter, with smoke lofting into the upper atmosphere, with global effects and that he believed the net effects would be very similar to the explosion of the Indonesian volcano Tambora in 1815, which resulted in the year 1816 being known as the Year Without a Summer. He reported on initial modeling estimates that forecast impacts extending to south Asia, and perhaps to the northern hemisphere as well. Singer, on the other hand, said that calculations showed that the smoke would go to an altitude of about 3,000 feet (910 m) and then be rained out after about three to five days and thus the lifetime of the smoke would be limited. Both estimates turned out to be wrong, with the atmospheric effects remaining largely limited to the Persian Gulf region, but with smoke often lofting to over 10,000 feet (3,000 m) and sometimes as high as 20,000 feet (6,100 m).[4][5]

In retrospect, it is now known that smoke from the Kuwait Oil Fires dominated the weather pattern throughout the Persian Gulf and surrounding region during 1991, and that lower atmospheric wind blew the smoke along the eastern half of the Arabian Peninsula, and cities such as Dhahran and Riyadh, and countries such as Bahrain experienced days with smoke filled skies and carbon fallout.[6]

Kuwaiti oil fires - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

it might have been 60 years ago ....there are still a shit load of missing from the civil war and ww2..

During Operation Desert Storm, Dr. S. Fred Singer and Carl Sagan discussed the possible environmental impacts of the Kuwaiti petroleum fires on the ABC News program Nightline. Sagan argued that some of the effects of the smoke could be similar to the effects of nuclear winter, with smoke lofting into the upper atmosphere, with global effects and that he believed the net effects would be very similar to the explosion of the Indonesian volcano Tambora in 1815, which resulted in the year 1816 being known as the Year Without a Summer. He reported on initial modeling estimates that forecast impacts extending to south Asia, and perhaps to the northern hemisphere as well. Singer, on the other hand, said that calculations showed that the smoke would go to an altitude of about 3,000 feet (910 m) and then be rained out after about three to five days and thus the lifetime of the smoke would be limited. Both estimates turned out to be wrong, with the atmospheric effects remaining largely limited to the Persian Gulf region, but with smoke often lofting to over 10,000 feet (3,000 m) and sometimes as high as 20,000 feet (6,100 m).[4][5]

In retrospect, it is now known that smoke from the Kuwait Oil Fires dominated the weather pattern throughout the Persian Gulf and surrounding region during 1991, and that lower atmospheric wind blew the smoke along the eastern half of the Arabian Peninsula, and cities such as Dhahran and Riyadh, and countries such as Bahrain experienced days with smoke filled skies and carbon fallout.[6]

60 years ago is ancient history? The original DOD stats for the Korean conflict was about 55,000 killed. Later the DOD during the Clinton administration did what no other administration had ever done. They decided that only those US Troops who actually were killed on the peninsula would be included in the overall statistics. It should be noted that we include every death by accident, disease or (I guess) suicide as a casualty in every other conflict in the 20th century. WTF happened to the 15,000 American Troops who (died?) were killed between 1950 and 1953?

60 years ago is ancient history? The original DOD stats for the Korean conflict was about 55,000 killed. Later the DOD during the Clinton administration did what no other administration had ever done. They decided that only those US Troops who actually were killed on the peninsula would be included in the overall statistics. It should be noted that we include every death by accident, disease or (I guess) suicide as a casualty in every other conflict in the 20th century. WTF happened to the 15,000 American Troops who (died?) were killed between 1950 and 1953?
they fucking died ..several thousand at the Chosin Reservoir of exposure

China 9th Army[a] China 20th Corps
China 26th Corps
China 27th Corps

Strength

Nominal: 103,520[4]
Committed: ~30,000[5] Nominal: 150,000[6]
Committed: ~67,000[7]

Casualties and losses

US sources:
1,029 killed and 4,894 missing
4,582 wounded
7,338 non-battle casualties[8]
15 tank losses[9]
Chinese estimation:
13,900[10] Chinese sources:
19,202 battle casualties
28,954 non-battle casualties[10]
Unofficial estimations: ~60,000[11][c]
UN estimation:
29,800 battle casualties
20,000+ non-battle casualties[12]

Yeah yeah yeah. Do you understand the difference between "casualties" and KIA? An "official" statistic from around 1999 puts the KIA numbers at 54,229. I guess they weren't aware that the Clinton DOD put the KIA statistics at 35,000. What happened to the other 18,000 -19,000. there couldn't have been that many accidents between 1950 and 1953.

Got any proof you like to post?

Yeah yeah yeah. Do you understand the difference between "casualties" and KIA? An "official" statistic from around 1999 puts the KIA numbers at 54,229. I guess they weren't aware that the Clinton DOD put the KIA statistics at 35,000. What happened to the other 18,000 -19,000. there couldn't have been that many accidents between 1950 and 1953.
why not ?

You found the number of tank losses. Google Korean War statistics. There is a serious difference between the original numbers and Clinton's revised DOD numbers.

You found the number of tank losses. Google Korean War statistics. There is a serious difference between the original numbers and Clinton's revised DOD numbers.
I agree but again, its a day late and a dollar short ...
and no it's not tank losses ...unless you think tanks are alive...read it again.

Last edited:
You agree but it's old news so we should keep going round and round about it? It ain't like we are discussing the casualties at Waterloo, there are still WW2 Vets walking among us and many, many Korean War Vets. I would rather be proven wrong about my assertion that there are 20,000 Americans missing from the Korean War honored dead since the DOD revised the figures during Clinton to reflect "only" those actually killed in battle on the peninsula between 1950 and 1953. . What happened to them? Is 20,000 a normal number of Military personnel to die from accidents in three years? I don't think so.

You agree but it's old news so we should keep going round and round about it? It ain't like we are discussing the casualties at Waterloo, there are still WW2 Vets walking among us and many, many Korean War Vets. I would rather be proven wrong about my assertion that there are 20,000 Americans missing from the Korean War honored dead since the DOD revised the figures during Clinton to reflect "only" those actually killed in battle on the peninsula between 1950 and 1953. . What happened to them? Is 20,000 a normal number of Military personnel to die from accidents in three years? I don't think so.
I agreed on the deficit...the how and the why changes nothing ..other then some sort of faux victory over what you see as a conspiracy. who would you hold responsible? as all the generals and politicians that ran the war are dead...
do you have some monetary compensation in mind..?

btw which is it ,in your 1st post it was 15,000 now it's 20,0000
where'd the extra 5,000 come from.?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back