Disgraced Trump AG Jeff Sessions enters Senate race

To help push the agenda of the country's elected president, especially when he's in the same party?

Yeah, it is.

Uhhhh nnnnnno, it isn't. A Senator's job is to represent the interests of his STATE, not a "president" or a "party".

Don't believe me? Check your Constitution.

If his job were to represent a POTUS he'd be appointed; if it were to represent a party they would elect him/her.
The party chair and his committee represent the party. A Senator represents the citizens of the state who hired him.

I accept that you dont understand our political system, do yourself a favor and accept it too.

Go find anywhere in the Constitution that proves me wrong, dickhead.

Consider it your daily Constitutional.

The denial is strong in this one.
And being a chicken

Still can't find it huh.

Say aren't you that wanker always talking about "Durham"?

I'm in Winston Salem right now. Come at me bro.
We'll sit down and read what I call the "Constitution". You'll be amazed.

You were right here last week - but you hid

Uhhhh nnnnnno, it isn't. A Senator's job is to represent the interests of his STATE, not a "president" or a "party".

If his job were to represent a POTUS he'd be appointed; if it were to represent a party they would elect him/her.
The party chair and his committee represent the party. A Senator represents the citizens of the state who hired him.

I accept that you dont understand our political system, do yourself a favor and accept it too.

Go find anywhere in the Constitution that proves me wrong, dickhead.

Consider it your daily Constitutional.

The denial is strong in this one.
And being a chicken

Still can't find it huh.

Say aren't you that wanker always talking about "Durham"?

I'm in Winston Salem right now. Come at me bro.
We'll sit down and read what I call the "Constitution". You'll be amazed.

You were right here last week - but you hid

I wasn't in Durham --- I was out east. Durham was out there over my left shoulder as I whizzed by.
Next time stand on the shoulder of the road and I'll whiz by you, how 'bout that.

Sessions is a deep stater. A total POS. I hope Alabama is smart enough to see through him.
i see the key battle as being in the republican primary

Repubs need to defeat grandpa sessions before he stumbles into the general election
I agree, but I rather see a Democrat win then sessions. Same with mitt Romney.
Sessions is an old fool

But he would be more loyal to the trump agenda than ANY democrat known to man

That's not a Senator's job, is it.
for a republican it is....

They are all about worshiping power...and embarrassing themselves in order to do it
Democrats are more in lockstep than republicans are

Sessions is an old fool

To help push the agenda of the country's elected president, especially when he's in the same party?

Yeah, it is.

I understand that congress runs on partisanship

i see the key battle as being in the republican primary

Repubs need to defeat grandpa sessions before he stumbles into the general election
Sessions is an old fool

Yeah, it is.

Senators used to be appointed

Bet you didnt know that

Sessions is an old fool

Yeah, it is.

If 10 people all what the same thing and decide to work together to achieve that - is that reasonable or somehow that is bad because people shouldn't work together.

Sessions is an old fool

Yeah, it is.

Bet you didnt know that

I would hope that anyone that frequents a site such as this would know that -
But -

Yes Senators used to actually represent The State - not the people in the state - that was the job of the house.

To be fair with all we know now Sessions recusal really wouldn't have made much difference in regard to the Russia investigation. Democrats were after an obstruction of justice charge and if Sessions hadn't recused they most likely would have had a stronger case. And I can't think of any elected republican who in Sessions shoes wouldn't have caved. People need to keep in mind Sessions fellow republicans were calling for him to recuse.

I don't live in Alabama, but if I did I would personally be more comfortable with Session than someone like Roy Moore.

To be fair with all we know now Sessions recusal really wouldn't have made much difference in regard to the Russia investigation. Democrats were after an obstruction of justice charge and if Sessions hadn't recused they most likely would have had a stronger case. And I can't think of any elected republican who in Sessions shoes wouldn't have caved. People need to keep in mind Sessions fellow republicans were calling for him to recuse.

I don't live in Alabama, but if I did I would personally be more comfortable with Session than someone like Roy Moore.
Sessions recusal was crucial for the Deep State conspiracy

Because mueller would not have been appointed

Yeah, it is.

If 10 people all what the same thing and decide to work together to achieve that - is that reasonable or somehow that is bad because people shouldn't work together.
Dems in washington travel in packs

But the libs posting here seem not to know that

Um, the democrats are trying to impeach TRUMP over a phone call, had Sessions not recused and not appointed a SC you don't think democrats would have worked towards impeachment? Once again keep in mind a large % of elected republicans including Ryan were buying into the Russia hoax.

Yes...but that's like saying I would prefer the lesser of two social diseases.
Can Alabama do no better than Sessions or Moore?

Um, the democrats are trying to impeach TRUMP over a phone call, had Sessions not recused and not appointed a SC you don't think democrats would have worked towards impeachment? Once again keep in mind a large % of elected republicans including Ryan were buying into the Russia hoax.

My answer is only speculation

But the mueller witchhunt sucked two years of life out of the trump term in office

Without mueller liberal journalists and democrats could fume over alleged collusion but without the force of an independent council

So trump voters would have been much better off imo

Sessions is an old fool

Yeah, it is.

Bet you didnt know that

To quote Calvin Coolidge:

"You lose".

Bet you don't know that.

Sessions is an old fool

Yeah, it is.

Bet you didnt know that

But -

Yes Senators used to actually represent The State - not the people in the state - that was the job of the house.

Senators **DO** represent the state. That's why the fuck that state ELECTS them.
Reps represent the District. That's why the fuck the DISTRICT elects THEM.

Once again --- this is all laid out in the Constitution. Do you need to borrow my copy?
Welcome to our country, please read the TOS.

Sessions did NOT appoint Meuller... that sneaky little ferret faced twat ROSENSTEIN did.

In any case, Sessions was an utter FAILURE as AG. He was given the job by a grateful new president because Sessions had endorsed him early on and stuck with him. Problem was the AG job was way over his head, and if he had planned on recusing himself, he should have informed the president of that BEFORE he took the job. Sessions was and is a BUFFOON.

Old posts from the left not withstanding, how was Sessions "disgraced"? If so why can't you say Hillary was disgraced after Benghazi and Eric Holder was disgraced after Operation Fast/Furious not to mention former CIA chief John Brennan and FBI chief Comey?

Sessions did NOT appoint Meuller... that sneaky little ferret faced twat ROSENSTEIN did.

In any case, Sessions was an utter FAILURE as AG. He was given the job by a grateful new president because Sessions had endorsed him early on and stuck with him. Problem was the AG job was way over his head, and if he had planned on recusing himself, he should have informed the president of that BEFORE he took the job. Sessions was and is a BUFFOON.

I fully acknowledge Session was a screw up as AG, but with what we have seen from democrats regarding their determination to take TRUMP out using impeachment Sessions recusal would not have made much difference and only caused then to go with a different strategy.

IMO a bigger problem was with elected republicans buying into the Russia hoax going overboard with the praise for Mueller as a fair, honest and stand up guy. And as things came out about Rosenstein elected republicans should have demanded he follow Session and recuse. The democrats are still hanging onto the Russia hoax despite Mueller declaring no collusion or obstruction.

I fully acknowledge Session was a screw up as AG, but with what we have seen from democrats regarding their determination to take TRUMP out using impeachment Sessions recusal would not have made much difference and only caused then to go with a different strategy.

IMO a bigger problem was with elected republicans buying into the Russia hoax going overboard with the praise for Mueller as a fair, honest and stand up guy. And as things came out about Rosenstein elected republicans should have demanded he follow Session and recuse. The democrats are still hanging onto the Russia hoax despite Mueller declaring no collusion or obstruction.

Yyyyeah I didn't follow that closely but even I know Mueller declared no such thing.

Yeah, it is.

Bet you didnt know that

But -

Senators **DO** represent the state. That's why the fuck that state ELECTS them.

Once again --- this is all laid out in the Constitution. Do you need to borrow my copy?

You are a fucking i

Yeah, it is.

Bet you didnt know that

But -

So sad.
Do you know what a State is?
We have 50 of them.
0 have representation in Washington DC
Foreign countries have representation
The 50 states have none.
Senators at one time did that, now they do not.

Forum List

Back