Disney employees who relocated to Orlando from California prefer to stay, realtor says

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Many Disney employees had to be kicking and screaming to leave California and move to Florida. The left has been repeatedly bashing Florida for months because of the DeSantis culture wars. Newsom has been criticizing the state relentlessly, but evidently, can't get his own people after getting a taste of it. The irony is he's been shown up by Disney, of all companies.

"It’s been actually overwhelming the amount of people who have said, no we love Orlando and as long as they don’t force us to go back, we plan on staying." Realtor Ken Pozek relocates Disney employees to Lake Nona.

He says so far, all of his clients told him, they’d prefer to stay in Orlando, rather than move back to California if they have a choice. We asked, "Are you surprised or not?" He replied, "I am, especially with how people fought to stay in California when the news originally broke."

He explained how Orlando won over the hearts of many. "It was a slower pace of life, great weather, more stuff to do, more affordable."

Many Disney employees had to be kicking and screaming to leave California and move to Florida. The left has been repeatedly bashing Florida for months because of the DeSantis culture wars. Newsom has been criticizing the state relentlessly, but evidently, can't get his own people after getting a taste of it. The irony is he's been shown up by Disney, of all companies.

"It’s been actually overwhelming the amount of people who have said, no we love Orlando and as long as they don’t force us to go back, we plan on staying." Realtor Ken Pozek relocates Disney employees to Lake Nona.

He says so far, all of his clients told him, they’d prefer to stay in Orlando, rather than move back to California if they have a choice. We asked, "Are you surprised or not?" He replied, "I am, especially with how people fought to stay in California when the news originally broke."

He explained how Orlando won over the hearts of many. "It was a slower pace of life, great weather, more stuff to do, more affordable."

Not surprising, at all.

Well, those who have any intelligence know that once you've left California, it's very hard to buy back into the housing market....because demand is so high.

Well, those who have any intelligence know that once you've left California, it's very hard to buy back into the housing market....because demand is so high.

A state that has been steadily losing population, according to the US Census Bureau, Link would have problems with people able to get housing because the demand is so high?

A state that has been steadily losing population, according to the US Census Bureau, Link would have problems with people able to get housing because the demand is so high?
No, California has not been losing population, it's still growing. You might want to check your false sources.

Tho, I wish the population dropped because the traffic is horrible.

It's crowded AF, which they're already used to, and it's not a shithole.

Makes total sense.

No, California has not been losing population, it's still growing. You might want to check your false sources.

Some people only hear what they want to hear.

As for traffic, I understand why someone would stay somewhere else besides the Los Angeles metro area.

Heresay from lie to them or they will watch somebody else "fake fox" news.

The unpatriotic art of state bashing should, at a minimum, have direct quotes and a percentage of those who felt as the article claims. Not just one person claiming what they heard.

Technically the California population has declined slightly recently.

Chart and table of population level and growth rate for the state of California from 1900 to 2022.
  • The population of California in 2022 was 39,029,342, a 0.29% decline from 2021.
  • The population of California in 2021 was 39,142,991, a 0.91% decline from 2020.
  • The population of California in 2020 was 39,501,653, a 0.16% increase from 2019.
  • The population of California in 2019 was 39,437,610, a 0% increase from 2018.

However, thats a minimal change and does not reflect the population conditions in the Bay Area and LA Basin.
From the same source, the LA Basin (where Disney headquarters is located) has continued to grow.
Chart and table of population level and growth rate for the Los Angeles metro area from 1950 to 2023. United Nations population projections are also included through the year 2035.
  • The current metro area population of Los Angeles in 2023 is 12,534,000, a 0.37% increase from 2022.
  • The metro area population of Los Angeles in 2022 was 12,488,000, a 0.23% increase from 2021.
  • The metro area population of Los Angeles in 2021 was 12,459,000, a 0.1% increase from 2020.
  • The metro area population of Los Angeles in 2020 was 12,447,000, a 0.01% decline from 2019.

The US Census Bureau is a false source? LMAO. You're telling me that an organization, one of their main jobs is to track the population of states, is a false source?

Did you look at the article? Those are not the reasons they give for staying. IOW, it looks like you just made that up from sour grapes.

I wonder if they changed their voting habits?
I seriously doubt it. The Left seem to think they're morally superior as well as more intelligent than their neighbors down south. It doesn't seem to occur to them that their voting habits just might have caused their former home to be in the shape it was. They're a lot like the militant muslims that move to the EU or US and bring their destructive beliefs with them.

They buy twice the house, pay far less in taxes and don't have new regulations crushing evry extra penny they can scrape, out of their pockets. Cali is dying and becoming like a 3rd world hell hole. Might as well let Mexico have it back. The Cartels would take care of the migration and crime problems :auiqs.jpg:

White population down 24% 2010-2020 (US Census). If you don't think that is having huge social and economic effects, your head is in the sand.

The US Census Bureau is a false source? LMAO. You're telling me that an organization, one of their main jobs is to track the population of states, is a false source?
Well, it is a false source, but not for the reasons that Jabba is citing.

Those with any intelligence (and the means) to leave California are doing so.

Florida is not as advantageous as it was even a few years ago. Real estate taxes are exploding, as are homeowners' insurance rates, along with interest rates.

Snowbirds like me are seeing 50% increases in rents from two years ago.

People looking to move to Florida right now are looking at a shocking increase in the cost of living, as compared to even four or five years ago. Much of the housing stock is damaged from storms, and contractors are having a field day, charging extortionate prices for repairs because homeowners have no other options. Homeowners' insurers are refusing to pay for damage repairs, claiming that homeowners did not act quickly or thoroughly enough to protect the damaged property (e.g., tarps on damaged roofs).

Whether buying or renting, Florida is not as desirable as it has been in the past.

Forum List

Back