Disney employees who relocated to Orlando from California prefer to stay, realtor says

Florida is not as advantageous as it was even a few years ago. Real estate taxes are exploding, as are homeowners' insurance rates, along with interest rates.

Snowbirds like me are seeing 50% increases in rents from two years ago.

People looking to move to Florida right now are looking at a shocking increase in the cost of living, as compared to even four or five years ago. Much of the housing stock is damaged from storms, and contractors are having a field day, charging extortionate prices for repairs because homeowners have no other options. Homeowners' insurers are refusing to pay for damage repairs, claiming that homeowners did not act quickly or thoroughly enough to protect the damaged property (e.g., tarps on damaged roofs).

Whether buying or renting, Florida is not as desirable as it has been in the past.

I just saw an article last week about retirees leaving Florida for Southern Alabama, they are being priced out of Florida

No, California has not been losing population, it's still growing. You might want to check your false sources.

Tho, I wish the population dropped because the traffic is horrible.

Get your facts straight Karen

Google it, San Francisco commercial is down 75%.

Nothing on Google about that.

Found one that showed rates 3.6% above pre-COVID rates.

Seems you just made it up

That's funny I Google San Francisco commercial property value down 75% and it was on the first page.

That's funny I Google San Francisco commercial property value down 75% and it was on the first page.

Do a screen shot then or copy a few of the links because I think you are full of shit and are just too much of a coward
to admit it

Do a screen shot then or copy a few of the links because I think you are full of shit and are just too much of a coward
to admit it
Don't know how to do that. The article I saw said property at 350 California st in downtown San Francisco was selling for $250 million in 2020. Now it's selling for $60 million.

Don't know how to do that. The article I saw said property at 350 California st in downtown San Francisco was selling for $250 million in 2020. Now it's selling for $60 million.

You are talking about the building that used to hold Union Bank.

Yes, that one sold for way under, but that is just one building, it is not logical to judge the whole market on one building.

It is soo bad, the leaders live there...

1684785057360.png

You are talking about the building that used to hold Union Bank.

Yes, that one sold for way under, but that is just one building, it is not logical to judge the whole market on one building.
They said the market isn't good. I mean you got people living in the streets and they don't prosecute shoplifters anymore.

They said the market isn't good. I mean you got people living in the streets and they don't prosecute shoplifters anymore.

I am sure the market is not good, commercial real estate is the next big bubble to pop.

But that is a tad different than commercial rental properties rent is down 75%, which was your original claim.

I am sure the market is not good, commercial real estate is the next big bubble to pop.

But that is a tad different than commercial rental properties rent is down 75%, which was your original claim.
In greenville SC there isn't enough commercial buildings to satisfy the demand. Right now anyway.

In greenville SC there isn't enough commercial buildings to satisfy the demand. Right now anyway.

It is a small and somewhat growing town. Bigger cities that have lost workers to remote work are going to be hit hard and the companies that own the buildings even harder.

It is however looking bleak in the near future.

BUSINESS

San Francisco Braces for Epic Commercial Real Estate Crash​

Imagine a slow-moving train coming towards you. The lights are shining, the horn is blaring, but it’s just far enough in the distance that the risk doesn’t seem real just yet.

That’s a fitting-enough analogy for the state of San Francisco's commercial real estate market, which is tilting towards a collapse in property values, leaving the city, its budget and its ability to provide services tied to the tracks.

The root of this—of course—is the pandemic and the way that it has completely transformed work patterns in the city, hollowing out a downtown core that once accounted for most of San Francisco’s GDP, 70% of its sales tax revenue and 40% of the city’s jobs. And there’s an uneasy feeling among a coalition of business groups that city leaders are sleepwalking into an economic calamity with far-reaching consequences.

Forum List

Back