Disney scraps plans for new Florida campus, mass employee relocation amid DeSantis feud

Yep, and with no state income tax they rely on tourist money and money from places like Disney to keep the state alive.

The state just lost out on a billion dollars worth of construction and more than 2000 jobs of people making more than 100 grand each that would be spending that money in Florida.

You people whined for years about AOC costing NY the Amazon jobs, but since it is a Repub doing it you get down on your knees and blow him.

Disney now gets to stay in Cali and keep paying the shitshow taxes there.

Good for them.

AOC was proposing policies actually harmful to Amazon's business model.

What laws DeSantis proposed were harmful to Disneys? Not letting them have special privilege to ignore environmental laws in their own district?

And now its Disney's turn. 2,000 jobs by by.

Disney scraps plans for new Florida campus, mass employee relocation amid DeSantis feud​

PUBLISHED THU, MAY 18 2023 2:15 PM EDTUPDATED 7 MIN AGO

Sarah Whitten
@SARAHWHIT10
WATCH LIVE

KEY POINTS
  • Disney will no longer be moving forward with the construction of its Lake Nona, Florida, employee campus.
  • The company will also no longer be requiring California-based employees to relocate.
  • The announcement comes amid a bitter feud between the company and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis centered in part around the company's special district and development plans.
In this article
Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World.

Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World.
Roberto Machado Noa | Lightrocket | Getty Images
Disney has abandoned plans to open up a new employee campus in Lake Nona, Florida, amid rising tensions with the state's governor.
Citing "changing business conditions" and the return of CEO Bob Iger, Josh D'Amaro, chairman of Disney's parks, experiences and products division, penned a memo to employees Thursday, announcing that the company will not move forward with construction of the campus and will no longer be asking more than 2,000 California-based employees to relocate to Florida.

Nice of them to use DeSantis as an excuse for cancelling something their employees probably didn't want anyway.

Anaheim has had its squabbles with Disneyland over the years too....many of the people there think the city bends over for them to much.....i know i seen it enough times....
Disney is a economic powerhouse. Governors like desantis come and go.

It is just the beginning of the results of desantis temper tantrum war. Let's see:

Construction and agricultural projects are shutting down because desantis is pushing migrants out of the state.

Disney is closing down a high end motel in September

Teachers are leaving the state because desantis is threatening them with legal action if they teach anything he does not approve

Colleges and Universities in the state are afraid they will be the next victim of the desantus morality squad
If I worked for Disney in California, I would be happy to not be picked to move to Florida.

Who in the hell ever wanted 2,000 damn Libtard Californians moving into Florida?

This is a great win for the people of Florida that the shitheads are not coming.

Disney’s closing its failed Star Wars hotel based on its absolute abortion of a non-canon trilogy of terrible characters, it’s releasing another absolute travesty of an Indiana Jones movie with terrible reviews that shits on the protagonist with wokescold modern bullshit, they made a terrible Willow LGBTQ+-/ sequel series that has already been removed from Disney plus, their Little Mermaid and Peter Pan and Pinocchio remakes have all been straight garbage, Marvel phase IV was an absolute failure and their next supposed big bad was a flop on screen and accused of sex crimes offscreen.

Disney is burning to the ground, and I am so here for it.
Yet somehow their quarterly income has risen both QoQ and YoY. Must be magic.

All this could have been avoided had a people who claim to be Conservatives not decided it was the place of the government to punish entities for exercising their 1st amendment rights.

But we all know there are no Conservatives left in this country

Make up your mind, one post you're claiming they're not paying any more in taxes, and in the next you're complaining that the government 'punished' them. :cuckoo:

I can at least appreciate that you all no longer even try to hide behind the façade of conservatism, that you can openly come out and say "yep, we support the Govt attacking an entity for exercising their 1st amendment rights".

Good God, do you EVER have anything else to say? We already know how you feel, I could even write your posts for you, they're that predictable. You hate conservatives, conservatives really aren't conservatives, they love big government, there aren't any more conservatives in this country. Did I miss any? Guess what, there are zero conservatives on here that care about your opinion of them. :blahblah:

I think that the next Gov will not have a personal grudge with Disney and will not actively target them.

DeSantis himself said he is doing this because Disney dared to stand up to him.

In my opinion the best thing to come out of this is that DeSantis has gotten all of you to throw off the façade of being either small government folks or conservatives. That ship has now sailed and you all can come out of the closet and be your true selves.

Yes, the ship has sailed, you've found us out!!!! We love big government!!! :laughing0301:

Do you have anything else to talk about??

Thanks.

It is so refreshing to see people like you come out and admit to being lovers of big government controlling the masses.

I do wonder though if you will be as happy about it when the other side starts doing it to you and your tribe.

You're hilarious, wake the fuck up, they already are doing it to 'our side', and you defend and cheer it on.

You are not wrong. And that is what sucks about choosing from two major parties. It is all or nothing. If you are screwed over from the empowered, than you do not need them. Then you get screwed over from the other side if criminals pervade.

Ugly petty BS, both Florida and California are states filled with Americans.
Americans trying to live work & take care of there family's.

Forum List

Back