Disney scraps plans for new Florida campus, mass employee relocation amid DeSantis feud

It is just the beginning of the results of desantis temper tantrum war. Let's see:

Construction and agricultural projects are shutting down because desantis is pushing migrants out of the state.

Disney is closing down a high end motel in September

Teachers are leaving the state because desantis is threatening them with legal action if they teach anything he does not approve

Colleges and Universities in the state are afraid they will be the next victim of the desantus morality squad

This is one of the major reasons I don't think that DeSantis has the right temperament to be president.

He's too emotional. He's too easily baited. He's very reactive. He makes decisions without consideration of the consequences and then spends so much time trying to clean up his mistakes.

And once again, consequence catches up with Ron. Anyone could have seen this coming. But Ron never did.

No....Disney has no clue who they are fucking with......

And Disney has lost at each point.........and they just lost 4 million subscribers.......as they push grooming of children for sex......
Whoop-de-doo. They'll be back..and bring more subscribers with them. Just like Bud Light sales will pick up.
Meanwhile, Stillson will end up losing the Republican primary to Donald Trump.

Only a moron governor goes to war with one of his state's biggest employers and generators of tax revenue.

If you’re putting a billion dollars in office buildings right now you’re fucking retarded. That’s why the project was canceled.
Keep telling yourself that. Delusional. Loser DeSantes is just another version of Trump loser.

It is just the beginning of the results of desantis temper tantrum war. Let's see:

Construction and agricultural projects are shutting down because desantis is pushing migrants out of the state.

Teachers are leaving the state because desantis is threatening them with legal action if they teach anything he does not approve

Colleges and Universities in the state are afraid they will be the next victim of the desantus morality squad
Great I love it! Move all the liberals back to democrat states! Wish south Carolina would do the same. Fuck y'all!

Was Diz. really planning to ship 2,000 Mickey impersonators to Fla. and build a freaking hotel? It sounds bogus to me.

Whoop-de-doo. They'll be back..and bring more subscribers with them. Just like Bud Light sales will pick up.
Meanwhile, Stillson will end up losing the Republican primary to Donald Trump.

Only a moron governor goes to war with one of his state's biggest employers and generators of tax revenue.

DeSantis just cost Florida 2000 high paying jobs, plus all the employment building the new facility would have brought to his State.

Worse, this isn't going to unnoticed by other businesses. They're going to see Disney pulling back. They're going to see how petty, vindictive and personal DeSantis is if he's triggered. With DeSantis holding 2 special sessions just so he could legislatively target one company.

Why would a business want to go an economic environment that hostile and volatile, where the Governor could go through tantrums and actively try to gain control over your property to punish you business?

Its layers of stupid and short sighted. And demonstrates why DeSantis lacks the temperment to be President.

Was Diz. really planning to ship 2,000 Mickey impersonators to Fla. and build a freaking hotel? It sounds bogus to me.

Yup. This from 2021.

But not anymore. This is a clear sign to other companies that Florida is NOT a friendly place to do business.

Those 2,000 California workers are certainly overjoyed to not be moving to the Fascist State of Florida.

Yep, and with no state income tax they rely on tourist money and money from places like Disney to keep the state alive.

The state just lost out on a billion dollars worth of construction and more than 2000 jobs of people making more than 100 grand each that would be spending that money in Florida.

You people whined for years about AOC costing NY the Amazon jobs, but since it is a Repub doing it you get down on your knees and blow him.

Apparently you're the one who would rather sell out his principles for a little money.

How's that Disney transgender dick taste, bro? :laughing0301:

And now its Disney's turn. 2,000 jobs by by.

Disney scraps plans for new Florida campus, mass employee relocation amid DeSantis feud​

PUBLISHED THU, MAY 18 2023 2:15 PM EDTUPDATED 7 MIN AGO

Sarah Whitten
@SARAHWHIT10
WATCH LIVE

KEY POINTS
  • Disney will no longer be moving forward with the construction of its Lake Nona, Florida, employee campus.
  • The company will also no longer be requiring California-based employees to relocate.
  • The announcement comes amid a bitter feud between the company and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis centered in part around the company's special district and development plans.
In this article
Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World.

Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World.
Roberto Machado Noa | Lightrocket | Getty Images
Disney has abandoned plans to open up a new employee campus in Lake Nona, Florida, amid rising tensions with the state's governor.
Citing "changing business conditions" and the return of CEO Bob Iger, Josh D'Amaro, chairman of Disney's parks, experiences and products division, penned a memo to employees Thursday, announcing that the company will not move forward with construction of the campus and will no longer be asking more than 2,000 California-based employees to relocate to Florida.
2,000 jobs is a tiny price to pay for State sovereignty in connection with abiding by The Law...

2,.000 jobs is a tiny price to pay to shove the the Little Woke Wankers back into the closet...

2,000 jobs is a tiny price to pay to bitch-slap a Large Woke Corporation and put them in their place...

Florida has the Good Winter Weather that allows them to host legions of northern and midwestern tourist families during the cold months each year...

If I was a Disney stockholder I would tell their management and board to shut-the-phukk-up, make nice with the State of Florida, and earn me some money.

Last edited:
No....Disney has no clue who they are fucking with......

And Disney has lost at each point.........and they just lost 4 million subscribers.......as they push grooming of children for sex......
Rightwing bigotry and hate directed at gay and transgender Americans is bad for business.

Disney knows this and is responding accordingly.

Ok, what does the 2nd amendment have to do with this conversation or what I said?

Really, what does the first amendment have to do with the conversation or what I said? I didn't say Disney couldn't say what it wanted, I said they could have avoided this mess by staying out of social agenda politics and just stuck to entertaining people which is what it's business is.

I can see why your post count vs reaction score is what it is.
Disney was standing up for the rights of its employees. Not "staying out of social agenda politics" as you put it. Not everything is POLITICS.

I was pointing out, and it is ok to do so, that the 2nd Amendment is more important to Republicans than the first one.

All one needs to do look at is how Disney's freedom of speech was basically revoked by De Santis because it went against what he wanted to do.

Teachers, parents, students. All of their rights to free speech is being revoked by De Santis and there is nothing, NOTHING, political about their protests about it, about all of their feelings that their freedom of speech has been taken away, and the one politicizing anything and everything is De Santis himself as he prepares to announce his candidacy.

Like it or move out. Which is exactly what is happening in Florida. Gone are businesses, workers, farmers, teachers, doctors.
Constructions are dead where they workers left them. Fruits etc are going to stay on trees, etc.

De Santis is an amazing winner.

PS: You are incredibly EMPTY to rely this badly on "scores". Those are totally useless. Try not repeating this nonsense again. I am trying not to laugh. Seriously.

2,000 jobs is a tiny price to pay for State sovereignty in connection with abiding by The Law...

2,.000 jobs is a tiny price to pay to shove the the Little Woke Wankers back into the closet...

2,000 jobs is a tiny price to pay to bitch-slap a Large Woke Corporation and put them in their place...

Florida has the Good Winter Weather that allows them to host legions of northern and midwestern tourist families during the cold months each year...
The cost of the 1 Billion and 2,000 jobs gone has not been felt, yet.

Stay tuned.

Forum List

Back