DNA cataloging stands up in court!

Circe

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2013
Aeaea
USA Today 6/3/2013

Supreme Court OKs DNA swab of people under arrest

The case pitted the practical benefits of modern technology against the centuries-old right to privacy. 1supremecourtdna. The Supreme Court heard oral arguments in a case relating to whether police can collect DNA from people arrested but not convicted....

I am VERY pleased about this US Supreme Court decision. It is obvious that DNA cataloging people arrested goes a long, long way toward catching them when they do their next crime. I would much prefer fast executions after fast trials as a way to cut way down on the criminal population of this country, but if they have a way to catch and convict them again quickly, that at least helps.

Serial killers can now be caught before they've tortured and murdered 14 pretty college girls. This is good.

I want everyone DNA cataloged at birth. It would solve so many problems! Fathers who think the child is not his, lost children and elderly people, identification of dead bodies, all sorts of crime solving including terrorism, tracing people of all kinds. This is an historically great technology, much underrated, IMO.

Forum List

Back