Vance does it again

Maga youtth stands on the edge of the dancefloor watching the girls dance. Then he goes home hating women that he lacks the bottle to ask to dance.
Then they get into politics.

If that best you have are ad hominem and straw-man arguments that don't exist? We are done here.

quote-inside-many-liberals-is-a-totalitarian-screaming-to-get-out-they-don-t-like-to-have-david-horowitz-124-98-33.jpg

923ord.jpg

You are either being nakedly partisan, or an authoritarian. I don't know which.
Actually, you are being ignorant and a liar. I strongly condemned the way he was treated in the media. He was a kid, he did something stupid like kids do, and the media should never have made it a story. These are not public figures!

You implied by yoar own OP, you don't bleev this sort of shit should be allowed. In fact, you compared it to sexual predation of the young.

If anyone should be ashamed? It is you. You don't belong here, go away.

You are a disingenuous hack. I have told you multiple times, STOP READING and POSTING from the Guardian. They are just a mouthpiece of the oppressors.
In Europe there is a "right to ne forgotten". Its a response to the growth of the net.
Basically if you were a 17 year old gitl and you were caught breaking the law. Or a married woman caught shagging on a Dubai beach but not with your husband you could apply to have the internet wiped of the evidence.
Its a civilised way of doing things.
Vance could avail himself of that in a few years. He wouldnt want hhis daughters reading his shit.

She is not a public figure. She did not give permission for her image to be used.

YES SHE IS. I have no doubt she signed release forms to the pageant, and anything after that fall under fair use laws.

". . . Appearing on CNN this morning, Vance was asked by the network’s John Berman if he knew about Upton’s disclosure.

“No certainly not,” Vance said, “and my heart goes out to her and I hope she’s doing well.” Vance went on to say he, like others, has “said a lot of stupid things on camera.” After attempting to pivot to subjects including health care and inflation, Vance circled back to the question and seemed to offer Upton some unrequested advice, saying that “the best way to deal with it is to laugh at ourselves.”

Vance bemoaned, “Politics has gotten way too lame John, way too boring.”

Berman then gave Vance another opportunity to apologize. The candidate doubled down.

“John, I’m not going to apologize for posting a joke,” he said, “but I wish the best for Caitlin and I hope she’s doing well.”

Actually, you are being ignorant and a liar. I strongly condemned the way he was treated in the media. He was a kid, he did something stupid like kids do, and the media should never have made it a story. These are not public figures!
First, you are the outlier. The MSM and government media, did not care, nor does the supreme court.

Second, Sandman is even less of a public figure, b/c he never signed a release form. Pageant contestants have to do that in order to compete. They know what they are doing.

You have lost this argument, sorry.

In Europe there is a "right to ne forgotten". Its a response to the growth of the net.
I don't give a shit what Europe does, they are a backwards dystopian nightmare.

I have always made known, America, its government, and all of its people should have as little to do with them as possible.

Your meddling here, is not needed or wanted.

The more threads these homos post sniveling made up crap about Vance the better he looks.

We dont have to make things up about Vance, he's just weird all on his own.

For example, he believes that womens should stay in violent relationships like his grandmother did. He credits his grandparents with "saving his life". But his grandparents staying together didn't raise his mother to be a strong person. She was an drug addict, and alcoholic who impulsively formed relationships with violent and abusive men. Her parents staying together certainly didn't do much for his mother's success in life.

These are not public figures!
The legal system? Disagrees.

". . . But by the next day, extended footage of how the situation unfolded revealed that another group had taunted the students, and some responded back. Phillips said he had walked over to the students and the group as an intervention.

After the initial video went viral, Sandmann said in a statement that he had “received physical and death threats via social media, as well as hateful insults.”

Sandmann’s lawyers reached confidential settlements with The Washington Post and CNN in 2020 and with NBC News in 2021.

A federal judge in Kentucky dismissed Sandmann’s defamation lawsuit against other publications in 2022. The judge narrowed the suit to focus only on whether a quote attributed to Phillips, who said Sandmann “blocked him and wouldn’t allow him to retreat,” was defamatory. He said the quote was Phillips’ opinion for which the media outlets could not be sued.

The Cincinnati-based 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld the judge’s dismissal. . . ."

". . .In Sandmann’s appeal to the Supreme Court, his lawyer said the case has “come to epitomize the high-water mark of the ‘cancel culture.’” He also said Sandmann went from a “quiet, anonymous teenager into a national social pariah, one whose embarrassed smile in response to Phillips’ aggression became a target for anger and hatred.”

I would take this seriously, if it hadn't been for the fact that the establishment has been bullying Trump and all his followers since 2015.

🤡

Q.E.D.

I have always made known, America, its government, and all of its people should have as little to do with them as possible.

So you want to defend free speech by limiting mine ?
Hmmm.

YES SHE IS. I have no doubt she signed release forms to the pageant, and anything after that fall under fair use laws.

". . . Appearing on CNN this morning, Vance was asked by the network’s John Berman if he knew about Upton’s disclosure.
If she signed releases to allow her image to be used in this fashion (and that is a big “if” given her age) that doesn’t make what was done any better. While there was nothing illegal done, it was still done with a callous, for political gain. Why is this ok with you?

“No certainly not,” Vance said, “and my heart goes out to her and I hope she’s doing well.” Vance went on to say he, like others, has “said a lot of stupid things on camera.” After attempting to pivot to subjects including health care and inflation, Vance circled back to the question and seemed to offer Upton some unrequested advice, saying that “the best way to deal with it is to laugh at ourselves.”

Vance bemoaned, “Politics has gotten way too lame John, way too boring.”

Berman then gave Vance another opportunity to apologize. The candidate doubled down.

“John, I’m not going to apologize for posting a joke,” he said, “but I wish the best for Caitlin and I hope she’s doing well.”

Adults…behaving this way…with hurtful Jr high style “jokes” at other people’s expense.

But hey, it’s all ok, even if the person has no involvement in politics.

First, you are the outlier. The MSM and government media, did not care, nor does the supreme court.

I don’t care. You called me a liar and I am very consistent on this type of thing.

Quote: Second, Sandman is even less of a public figure, b/c he never signed a release form. Pageant contestants have to do that in order to compete. They know what they are doing.

Signing a release form does not make one a public figure. What’s more, I would suspect any release form signed for or by a minor will be restrictive in what can be done with the imagery and using it for unrelated political campaigns would be surprising.

But beyond that, what about the ethics? Just because you can, should you? You know, Vance could have backed off and said “ya, that was cruel and in bad taste and I regret doing it” but he didn’t did he?

You have lost this argument, sorry.

No. I don’t think I have. I stand by it.

I love how all of the members of the Trump Cult go batshit crazy insulting people from other nations, and our countries.

The USA has entangled itself around the world, with our companies, our economies and our people, but God forbid we "interfere" in YOUR domestic affairs.

Selfish and stupid is no way to go through life.

that doesn’t make what was done any better.
This is the ONLY argument that you have, she entered a public forum, knowing how ill suited she was to answer questions in the public, and now you want to censor fair use content in the public sphere.

The government is not on your side, the ACLU is not on your side.

Maybe the CCP or United Russia is on your side, but you are making a very authoritarian argument.

We can agree, that for a public politician from one of the two major parties, it was a dumb thing to do. OTH? It was a joke and the left is just as bad, as I have proved.

No need to go on a censorship crusade b/c he made the presidential nominee of the DNC look like a fool.

. . . but as I wrote earlier, folks on the right troll and make fun of their opponents. Folks on the left censor theirs.

I have no sympathy or support for either.

They are both leading us to a dystopian nightmare.

Adults…behaving this way…with hurtful Jr high style “jokes” at other people’s expense.

But hey, it’s all ok, even if the person has no involvement in politics.
I'm glad you admit, that she should have been able to handle this, because we all learn to deal with it in Jr. High.

That is how dumb this entire thread is.

Bitching about people being mean.

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back