Do Americans Know Enough About Russia/Ukraine to Support US Involvement ?

The crack pot conspiracy theories have consumed the Right. They're fucking mental over the conspiracy narrative, because it gives them cover for their lies. Flash doesn't have a clue what the conversation was about with Obama and the other guy. But boy howdy, they can make up some shit to last a life time. And they spend all their time pedaling conspiracies and lies. I'm talking about "all" their time. To answer your question, I don't know. But the GOP is totally detached from engaging in the well being of this country.
I know. You'd think Americans would get their hackles up being made such fools. But these days they embrace such pitiful conspiracy theories.

President Potatohead is glad to have sanctions against Russians.

The Russians are the third largest energy supplier to the US.

.He wants Russian energy cut off to the US so that the Environmental Wackos (that hate fossil fuels more than anything) will be happy as horseshit. They want the price of gas to be even higher than it already is.

Stupid dumb leadership.
Goddamn you are one dumb mf. Biden is glad to place sanctions against Russia, while the pussy Orange man praises what Putin is doing. Hate America and our allies much?

I know. You'd think Americans would get their hackles up being made such fools. But these days they embrace such pitiful conspiracy theories.
I've said it many times before, this is your new GOP, and it's not even a joke;

Do Americans Know Enough About Russia/Ukraine to Support US Involvement ?​

I wish I knew more

President Potatohead is glad to have sanctions against Russians.

The Russians are the third largest energy supplier to the US.

.He wants Russian energy cut off to the US so that the Environmental Wackos (that hate fossil fuels more than anything) will be happy as horseshit. They want the price of gas to be even higher than it already is.

Stupid dumb leadership.
You are a low average person with no education. Russian oil is selling at deep discounts and the ruple is crashing.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
You are a low average person with no education. Russian oil is selling at deep discounts and the ruple is crashing.

Do Americans Know Enough About Russia/Ukraine to Support US Involvement ?​

I wish I knew more
You don't need to know too much really. Just remember 1938 and 1939, and use that as your guide. History repeats itself you know.

Need I remind the lefties on this board that we had an agreement with Ukraine that if they gave up their nukes we would defend them in the event of Russian aggression. We have failed to do that. It's known as the Budepest Memorandum.

For the first time in my life, I'm ashamed to say I'm an American.

Need I remind the lefties on this board that we had an agreement with Ukraine that if they gave up their nukes we would defend them in the event of Russian aggression. We have failed to do that. It's known as the Budepest Memorandum.

where did you get the idea that ukraine has nukes?

ukraine had them a long time ago, but they went to russia

In the mid-1960s, then US President Lyndon Johnson sent massive numbers of US troops to Vietnam. At the time, most Americans, without having much information, blindly supported this action. A few years later, after Americans became more informed (and thousands of dead troops were returning in wooden crates), millions of Americans became fiercely opposed to that military endeavor, and Johnson himself refused to run for re-election in 1968.

I don't know too much about the Russia/Ukraine scenario, but I do know that Ukraine has been part of Russia for hundreds of years. Ukraine is rich in natural resources, while the Ukranian people (with 99.8% literacy) are among the poorest in the world.

Would the Ukranians, now tolerating a corrupt government, be worse off, the same, or better off if that corrupt government disappeared, and Russia (or just about anybody else) were to talk over in Ukraine ? Is Russia going to be fighting the Ukranian PEOPLE, or just a Ukrainan GOVERNMENT, that represents not much more than a wealthy plutocracy of a small number of Ukrainians ?

In any case, Russia is currently going into Ukraine (a non-NATO country), so what business is it of Joe Biden or the US government to be involved in this, with sanctions, troops, or in whatever way ? Do we really understand this whole thing ?

One thing most Americans don't know about Ukraine is that the indigenous people of Ukraine are Russians. The Russian people started in Kyiv and migrated east.

The non-Russian Ukrianians are descended from East Europeans that migrated there during the reign of Katherine the Great.

Most Non-Russian Ukrainians sided with the Nazis during WWII and still honor Nazi collaborators:

The U.S. also promised not to expand NATO:

I dont think any critic of US defense of ukraine has managed to explain away the Budapest Memorandum

no one wants to commit US troops but we should be doing more

I dont think any critic of US defense of ukraine has managed to explain away the Budapest Memorandum

WHY ?

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has publicly commented on the Budapest Memorandum by arguing that it provides no true guarantee of safety due to Russia's coercive power.

Also to be considered - is the current Ukranian government equivalent to the Ukranian government of 1994, or has the situation changed ?

Last edited:

Russia obviously violated the Budapest Memorandum, but I don't see how the U.S. has:

The only obligation the U.S. has is:

"Seek immediate Security Council action to provide assistance to Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine if they "should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used".

We've lived up to that statement.

The BIG question is:

Are Americans willing to die to defend Ukraine?

Or, for that matter:

Are Americans willing to die to defend the Baltic states?

If not, NATO is a paper tiger.

We should NEVER have expanded NATO East!!!

They're all in love with brutal dictators and Authoritarians.

Dictators and Authoritarians????

Yet you support the Wehrmacht.....er, Democrats.....the Party of Obey, and mandates????

Here is your remedial:

One can be a patriot, or a Progresssive Democrat.....but never both....fool.

Let me explain why:

The Constitution was a distillation of the views of Madison, Jefferson and Franklin. Progressivism is from the views of Rousseau, Hegel and Marx.

Now, let's quote 'progressives,' also known as totalitarians.

a. The Germans have a history of embracing authoritarian rule. As the German philosopher Hegel said, “The state says … you must obey …. The state has rights against the individual; its members have obligations, among them that of obeying without protest” (Ralf Dahrendorf, Society and Democracy in Germany).

b. The attitude of the FDR government can be seen in these words of A.B. “Happy” Chandler, a former Kentucky governor: “[A]ll of us owe the government; we owe it for everything we have—and that is the basis of obligation—and the government can take everything we have if the government needs it. . . . The government can assert its right to have all the taxes it needs for any purpose, either now or at any time in the future.”

From a speech delivered on the Senate floor

May 14, 1943
Happy Chandler's dangerous statism - The Bluegrass Institute for Public Policy Solutions

c. Jim Cramer, one of the Left's apparatchiks, say what Democrats believe, encourage.....but blames it on the other side.
“government has a right to force you to obey and has always exercised it especially under GOP”

Anyone think to question what the GOP has forced any to obey about?

Masks?

Injections?

Taxation?

See what I mean about the Left/Progressives lying about everything?

The Democrats are the European Party, the party of Obey.

We’re the other side, the personal liberty, individualism, the right to make personal decisions.

Russia obviously violated the Budapest Memorandum, but I don't see how the U.S. has:

The only obligation the U.S. has is:

"Seek immediate Security Council action to provide assistance to Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine if they "should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used".

We've lived up to that statement.

“ Seek immediate Security Council action to provide assistance to Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine if they "should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used".

that deal was poisoned from the beginning

did obama know that russia is on the security council and has absolute veto power?

obama was such a dufus moron

Forum List

Back