Do Americans Know Enough About Russia/Ukraine to Support US Involvement ?

Now that everybody in this thread has gone off topic to talk about this, that, & the other thing, how about sone posts addressing the question of the OP >>>

Do Americans Know Enough About Russia/Ukraine to Support US Involvement ?​

In post #132 you asked “why?”

do you call that an answer?

I sure hope not
I call it a question. But there was much more to post # 132 than that. Did you read it ?

And while we're on the subject of reading , did you read Post # 143 ?

I call it a question. But there was much more to post # 132 than that. Did you read it ?

And while we're on the subject of reading , did you read Post # 143 ?
My first answer to the question was the I wish I knew more

and I have since learned of the loophole that obama agreed to that allows Russia to drive a tank through

see post #140

My first answer to the question was the I wish I knew more

and I have since learned of the loophole that obama agreed to that allows Russia to drive a tank through

see post #
In general, treaties fade and change with age, and changing politics. Suppose the US had a treaty in 1946, with China, to defend them from Japan. How worthwhile would that be today ?

In general, treaties fade and change with age, and changing politics. Suppose the US had a treaty in 1946, with China, to defend them from Japan. How worthwhile would that be today ?
1946?

what is the historical significance of that date?

UandWhatArmy.jpg

Or is Putin on a rescue mission -on behalf of the Ukranian people ?

No.

In his most recent speech, he claimed he was going in to "stop the senseless genocide" being done by the Ukraine.

Where is the evidence of such "genocide"? In short, there is none. And then he continued, talking about how he was going to "demilitarize and de-nazify" the nation.

It is all garbage, as anybody with common sense should know. Basically he is going to take over the country if he can. There was no genocide, this is just his trying to justify his actions. This can be seen in the nations supporting Russia in this blatant land grab. The only nation supporting the country is Belarus, which is actually threatening to use nuclear weapons if other countries get involved.

"If such stupid and mindless steps are taken by our rivals and opponents, we will deploy not only nuclear weapons, but super-nuclear and up-and-coming ones to protect our territory,"
Alexander Lukashenko, President of Belarus.

China comes next, and is saying that the conflict should be resolved, but that the US and other nations are making things worse. Of course, they have also been increasing lately in their moves to claim Taiwan.

When you have Russia and Belarus threatening to use nukes to keep other countries out, this has gone far beyond acceptable behavior among nations. Not even the Soviets were that insane.

No.

In his most recent speech, he claimed he was going in to "stop the senseless genocide" being done by the Ukraine.

Where is the evidence of such "genocide"? In short, there is none. And then he continued, talking about how he was going to "demilitarize and de-nazify" the nation.

It was pointed out on Foxnews today that the president of the Ukraine is a Jew. How do you "de-natzify" a Jew?

No.

The fact that you ASK where the genocide is, shows you are unsure. Maybe there is, and you are unaware of it. Ukraine DID have Nazis in World War 2. Maybe there are some there now too. Maybe you don't know.

Do Americans Know Enough About Russia/Ukraine to Support US Involvement ?

I sense there is a mountain of information that, we in the USA, are not getting from the MSM, and a huge amount that we don't know. Just to reiterate from the OP (because I think a lot of posters are not reading it) >>>

"Ukraine is rich in natural resources, while the Ukranian people (with 99.8% literacy) are among the poorest in the world. Would the Ukranians, now tolerating a corrupt government, be worse off, the same, or better off if that corrupt government disappeared, and Russia (or just about anybody else) were to take over in Ukraine ?"

Last edited:
Again, the partisan “hypocrisy” game that you’re trying to play has nothing to do with accurately and honestly assessing this situation. Parties and stances on past issues has nothing to do with it.

Really, that's how life works now?

"Work a day and I'll pay you."

**no pay.**

"No really, this time I mean it."

**no pay.**

"Past issues have nothing to do with any promises I make. Come to work and I'll pay you."

So really? 'Past issues' mean nothing? Gimme a break and plug in to the real world.

In the mid-1960s, then US President Lyndon Johnson sent massive numbers of US troops to Vietnam. At the time, most Americans, without having much information, blindly supported this action. A few years later, after Americans became more informed (and thousands of dead troops were returning in wooden crates), millions of Americans became fiercely opposed to that military endeavor, and Johnson himself refused to run for re-election in 1968.

I don't know too much about the Russia/Ukraine scenario, but I do know that Ukraine has been part of Russia for hundreds of years. Ukraine is rich in natural resources, while the Ukranian people (with 99.8% literacy) are among the poorest in the world.

Would the Ukranians, now tolerating a corrupt government, be worse off, the same, or better off if that corrupt government disappeared, and Russia (or just about anybody else) were to talk over in Ukraine ? Is Russia going to be fighting the Ukranian PEOPLE, or just a Ukrainan GOVERNMENT, that represents not much more than a wealthy plutocracy of a small number of Ukrainians ?

In any case, Russia is currently going into Ukraine (a non-NATO country), so what business is it of Joe Biden or the US government to be involved in this, with sanctions, troops, or in whatever way ? Do we really understand this whole thing ?
It doesn't matter. What dies is if you want to stop genocide by a dictator. Apparently you don't but would prefer Biden be humiliated.
That's your whole issue ay mate?
Gotcha.

It doesn't matter. What dies is if you want to stop genocide by a dictator. Apparently you don't but would prefer Biden be humiliated.
That's your whole issue ay mate?
Gotcha.
You got nothing. Some people say the "genocide by a dictator" is what is being carried out by the Ukraine govt against the Ukraine people, and Russia overthrowing that bad Ukraine govt will be good for the Ukraine people.

If you have any evidence to counter that view, let's hear it. Otherwise stop wasting thread space.

Forum List

Back