Do Americans Know Enough About Russia/Ukraine to Support US Involvement ?

Nope you should condemn aggressors in war and any kind of crime that’s committed as bad. It’s pretty simple
No, I shouldn't. That would just be silly.

You can do that in my place, if you want.

Nope you should condemn aggressors in war and any kind of crime that’s committed as bad. It’s pretty simple
This is one of those answers that are simple and easy and wrong.

You are able to think better about war than mouthing simple pieties --- that's IQ 95 territory. I expect this from some of the lesser lights here, espec. certain Christians who really can't think in a more advanced way, and that's fine. But I would expect you to think harder thoughts, like Realpolitik.

This is one of those answers that are simple and easy and wrong.

You are able to think better about war than mouthing simple pieties --- that's IQ 95 territory. I expect this from some of the lesser lights here, espec. certain Christians who really can't think in a more advanced way, and that's fine. But I would expect you to think harder thoughts, like Realpolitik.
Im happy to think harder thoughts make a real counter argument and I’ll respond in kind

In the mid-1960s, then US President Lyndon Johnson sent massive numbers of US troops to Vietnam. At the time, most Americans, without having much information, blindly supported this action. A few years later, after Americans became more informed (and thousands of dead troops were returning in wooden crates), millions of Americans became fiercely opposed to that military endeavor, and Johnson himself refused to run for re-election in 1968.

I don't know too much about the Russia/Ukraine scenario, but I do know that Ukraine has been part of Russia for hundreds of years. Ukraine is rich in natural resources, while the Ukranian people (with 99.8% literacy) are among the poorest in the world.

Would the Ukranians, now tolerating a corrupt government, be worse off, the same, or better off if that corrupt government disappeared, and Russia (or just about anybody else) were to talk over in Ukraine ? Is Russia going to be fighting the Ukranian PEOPLE, or just a Ukrainan GOVERNMENT, that represents not much more than a wealthy plutocracy of a small number of Ukrainians ?

In any case, Russia is currently going into Ukraine (a non-NATO country), so what business is it of Joe Biden or the US government to be involved in this, with sanctions, troops, or in whatever way ? Do we really understand this whole thing ?
Vietnam was a civil war. The problem with Vietnam is the US feared Chinese involvement as what happened in Korea! We steamrolled over North Korea, then 100k Chinese soldiers charged into the country.

America needed to take the fight to the North and they didn’t. Nevertheless we still won and there was a peace treaty signed. Demorats didn’t want to see a communist lose so when the North started to violate the treaty, instead of arming the South like we promised we abandoned them and North rolled in.

fuck Demorats! They are cowards!

I'm sorry, but this is not a comic books that you are probably used to, so there are too many words and concepts here.... Therefore, don't bother.
I was actually asking for words and original thought. That’s how dialogues work. Give it a try

Americans have spent too many sons (and daughters) on adventurist wars thousands of miles offshore. There's no reason in hell or high water for us (America) to confront Russia militarily at this stage. I mean, supposing Biden and NATO declare war on Russia what would that even look like? A conventional war? A limited nuclear exchange on the ground with small battlefield nuclear munitions? To what end? To drive the Russians out of Ukraine? What then? The only justification for engaging Russia directly would be something like Russian forces driving into Poland or some other proper Eastern European nation. To answer your question, no, I do not believe the American people feel anything close to a sufficient affinity with the Ukrainians to volunteer up their sons and daughters to the slaughter. War between First World armies looks a hell of a lot worse these days than in the 1940's. The death toll from any such war would be staggering.

This will involve Cyber, trade and proxy-wars while the possibility of terrorists being used by both sides, so ask ourselves are we ready for a real war?

I was actually asking for words and original thought. That’s how dialogues work. Give it a try
There is a video, not very long one and you can find answers to your questions there, with illustrations. And I wouldn't have to print the whole novel on the computer.

Ukraine is a NATO partner nation. They are a sovereign nation. Hell, our fucking gov't is corrupt. Do we not deserve protection from invasion?

IF we could have prevented this, the stock market wouldn't be tanking and MAYBE we could keep gas below 5 dollars a gallon. But thanks to Biden's incompetency it'll hit that and beyond.
Biden has nothing to do with any of this. It's about Putin's desire to conquer and expand its territory. It's about power and control.

Have you thought this through ? What if the "bullies" are the Ukranian government, and the victims of the bullying are the Ukranian people ? And a Russia takeover might stop that bullying ?

Do You Know Enough About Russia/Ukraine to Support US Involvement ?​

We know enough about 1938 and 1939 with Nazi Germany and Hitler. We know enough that Putin is no different.

And the do nothing Trump, who wanted a favor first from Ukraine? Instead of asking for favors to get dirt on his opponent, that time could have been spent more wisely by beefing up Ukraine's missile defense system. He did shit. Everyone knew, after Crimea who was next.

And the do nothing Trump, who wanted a favor first from Ukraine? Instead of asking for favors to get dirt on his opponent, that time could have been spent more wisely by beefing up Ukraine's missile defense system. He did shit. Everyone knew, after Crimea who was next.

The Ukraine made the Biden family rich.

A Biden kid, that never had a real job in his life and got kicked out the Navy because of cocaine addiction, was getting $80K a month for his "expertise" in global energy issues and VP Biden had to threaten the Ukrainians to keep him form being investigated for corruption.

It is not the responsibility of the US to protect Ukraine or anybody else over there.

However, as history proves out all too well, we need to forcefully publicly condemn military expansion like the Russians are going.

President Potatohead (i.e, Leader of the Free World) has been very weak and ineffective in marshaling world support against the Russians.

As we saw very well with that disaster in Afghanistan and the economic problems in this country he isn't very good at the job. A total failure.

He is a stupid and weak President and anybody that voted for him is an idiot.
Really? And Trump? I need a favor first from Selensky just to give him military support, because he needed political dirt on Biden? Are you fucking kidding me? Weak doesn't even begin to tell us about Trump.

The Ukraine made the Biden family rich.

A Biden kid, that never had a real job in his life and got kicked out the Navy because of cocaine addiction, was getting $80K a month for his "expertise" in global energy issues and VP Biden had to threaten the Ukrainians to keep him form being investigated for corruption.
That's a lie. Not how the story went down. If that were true, you would have posted the evidence. You are a worthless piece of shit liar.

That's a lie. Not how the story went down. If that were true, you would have posted the evidence. You are a worthless piece of shit liar.

Remember when The Worthless Negro was caught off camera telling the Russians that he would give away the store after the election when he "could be more flexible"? Then the Russians invaded Crimea and The Worthless Negro didn't do jackshit? I suppose you think that is a lie also.

You stupid uneducated Moon Bats are always in denial about how fucked up the Democrats are.

Putin's plan is to reconstitute the old Soviet Union and this clown President Potatohead isn't smart enough to give a shit. What could possibly go wrong?

Putin's plan is to reconstitute the old Soviet Union and this clown President Potatohead isn't smart enough to give a shit. What could possibly go wrong?
Putin will test NATO resolve by sending troops into Estonia.
If NATO fails to respond, he'll take the rest of the Baltic states.
And NATO will collapse - because of an absence of leadership.

Forum List

Back