Zone1 Do Christians Proselytize out of “Love” - or Arrogance?

LOL, have made fun of Jesus, accused Paul of "making up" a Religion and scoffed at the fact that Christ is indeed God. No, "all paths" do not lead to God, in fact that statement reveals that you don't even believe what God says in the Torah. All you've done is cobble a belief system that you can accept, that is not the way it works. The Hebrews are warned repeatedly NOT to mix with non Hebrew peoples. My observation stands, you are not very bright. I am not "annoyed" by the choices others make, it has nothing to do with me.
OK….I’ve done none of that. All I’ve said is that I still have a path to Gd without Jesus, as do all people - Christian or not. That is much more tolerant and respectful than YOUR attitude, insisting only those who believe Jesus was the son of Gd goes to Heaven.

That means the majority of people in the world are damned, and only those following your beliefs are rewarded. That is arrogant.

You said "there is no one way". That would be you asserting that your way is correct and mine is wrong. Which is fine if we're debating on the merits. It doesn't offend me.

But this whole thread is that you don't like being "converted"--is this not an attempt to talk Christians out of their belief that Jesus is the only way to God? Or was it more "I don't believe there's one way"?
OMGl Which do you think is less tolerant and more arrogant:

1) Saying that only the people who follow MY religion get to Heaven, and everyone else burns in Hell

2) People of all religions can get to Heaven, as we have a very inclusive Gd who welcomes all his children, no matter their beliefs

OK….I’ve done none of that. All I’ve said is that I still have a path to Gd without Jesus, as do all people - Christian or not. That is much more tolerant and respectful than YOUR attitude, insisting only those who believe Jesus was the son of Gd goes to Heaven.

That means the majority of people in the world are damned, and only those following your beliefs are rewarded. That is arrogant.

Your words. Now we can add lying to your resume here. The Scriprure is clear on how one get to heaven, it is my duty to point that out, the fact that YOU don't like it means nothing.
Your words are as "arrogant" as anyone else's honey.

"Can you imagine if Jews would hound Christians that G-d is angry at them for elevating a mortal man to a supreme being and will send them to hell unless they become Jewish?!"

"Definitely. It was Paul who got it in his head to start a new religion."

Your words. Now we can add lying to your resume here. The Scriprure is clear on how one get to heaven, it is my duty to point that out, the fact that YOU don't like it means nothing.
Your words are as "arrogant" as anyone else's honey.

"Can you imagine if Jews would hound Christians that G-d is angry at them for elevating a mortal man to a supreme being and will send them to hell unless they become Jewish?!"

"Definitely. It was Paul who got it in his head to start a new religion."
The Scripture is just YOUR religion. Lots of people don’t follow that. And continuing to insist to a Jew that she’s not going to Heaven is obnoxious, honey.

Thanks for demonstrating how insistent, arrogant, and disrespectful proselytizers are to those of a different religion.

I'm not a religious scholar. I simply meant that I personally have never witnesses any of the Jews I've known proselytizing.

That's because it became a racist cult back under Ezra, and became more exclusive, same reason people got excluded from the Nazi Party for racial reasons. You were supposed to support the Party anyway, even if you couldn't be full member.

I’ve never known any either, and I’ve known hundreds. It’s never even discussed as a possibility. A big part of that is because we don’t think one needs to be Jewish to have a place in The World to Come.

lol a lot of Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox will say otherwise. And, how many converts ever get to be Rabbis of a congregation? Two? Three? lol

GOYIM(GENTILES) WERE BORN ONLY TO SERVE US. WITHOUT THAT, THEY HAVE NO PLACE IN THE WORLD-ONLY TO SERVE THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL....WITH GENTILES IT WILL BE LIKE ANY PERSON-THEY NEED TO DIE BUT GOD WILL GIVE THEM LONGEVITY. WHY? IMAGINE THAT ONE'S DONKEY WOULD DIE, THEY'D LOSE THEIR MONEY. THIS IS HIS SERVANT....THAT'S WHY HE GETS A LONG LIFE, TO WORK WELL FOR THE JEW. WHY ARE GENTILES NEEDED? THEY WILL WORK, THEY WILL PLOW, THEY WILL REAP. WE WILL SIT LIKE AN EFFENDI AND EAT. THAT IS WHY GENTILES WERE CREATED.

-Rabbi Ovadia Yosef senior Sephardic posek and head of the Shas Council of Torah Sages. A Sermon on the laws regarding non-jews. SOURCE: YOSEF: GENTILES EXIST ONLY TO SERVE JEWS JERUSALEM POST OCTOBER 18, 2010.

2010 is pretty recent, not thousands of years ago.

Explain why the Torah explicitly states to follow whatever the Rabbis say…I’ll wait.

Yes, like 'Libertarians', you get to make up whatever you want. that's the whole point of ridiculous stuff like the Talmuds and Mishnahs, producing a lot of contradictory rubbish for public consumption.

lol a lot of Orthodox and ultra-Orthodox will say otherwise. And, how many converts ever get to be Rabbis of a congregation? Two? Three? lol

GOYIM(GENTILES) WERE BORN ONLY TO SERVE US. WITHOUT THAT, THEY HAVE NO PLACE IN THE WORLD-ONLY TO SERVE THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL....WITH GENTILES IT WILL BE LIKE ANY PERSON-THEY NEED TO DIE BUT GOD WILL GIVE THEM LONGEVITY. WHY? IMAGINE THAT ONE'S DONKEY WOULD DIE, THEY'D LOSE THEIR MONEY. THIS IS HIS SERVANT....THAT'S WHY HE GETS A LONG LIFE, TO WORK WELL FOR THE JEW. WHY ARE GENTILES NEEDED? THEY WILL WORK, THEY WILL PLOW, THEY WILL REAP. WE WILL SIT LIKE AN EFFENDI AND EAT. THAT IS WHY GENTILES WERE CREATED.

-Rabbi Ovadia Yosef senior Sephardic posek and head of the Shas Council of Torah Sages. A Sermon on the laws regarding non-jews. SOURCE: YOSEF: GENTILES EXIST ONLY TO SERVE JEWS JERUSALEM POST OCTOBER 18, 2010.

2010 is pretty recent, not thousands of years ago.
Define “serve”.
It’s not what you think.

Yes, like 'Libertarians', you get to make up whatever you want. that's the whole point of ridiculous stuff like the Talmuds and Mishnahs, producing a lot of contradictory rubbish for public consumption.
Many opinions with very few practical paths.
My Sephardic son-in-law has less than 10 things that we do differently.

The obnoxious path is painted in the NT and you cannot refute that bull of “It’s my way or you get eternal damnation”.

Many opinions with very few practical paths.
My Sephardic son-in-law has less than 10 things that we do differently.

The obnoxious path is painted in the NT and you cannot refute that bull of “It’s my way or you get eternal damnation”.

lol

"Christianity is Judaism completed."- Benjamin Disraeli.

The Scripture is just YOUR religion. Lots of people don’t follow that. And continuing to insist to a Jew that she’s not going to Heaven is obnoxious, honey.

Thanks for demonstrating how insistent, arrogant, and disrespectful proselytizers are to those of a different religion.

The scripture is all that matters, it doesn't require your belief to make it true. Why don't you respond about your own arrogance? I've shown you your words where you reveal it. How can you be a real "Jew" and not actually follow what the Torah tells you to do? Allow me to be clear, I am not proselytizing you. I don't really care what you believe, it's your choice. If you can't stand the heat of people not agreeing with you I suggest you opt out of the discussion.

If all religions lead to God there is no reason for any religion.

The scripture is all that matters, it doesn't require your belief to make it true. Why don't you respond about your own arrogance? I've shown you your words where you reveal it. How can you be a real "Jew" and not actually follow what the Torah tells you to do? Allow me to be clear, I am not proselytizing you. I don't really care what you believe, it's your choice. If you can't stand the heat of people not agreeing with you I suggest you opt out of the discussion.

If all religions lead to God there is no reason for any religion.
God will reincarnate you until you have enough credit to fulfill your obligations.
Jews each have their obligations and so do non-Jews.
The Noachide laws are part and parcel of the laws of most civilized nations.

I don’t think it was Jesus‘ intent at all to start a new religion. He just added some “twists.” It was really Paul who started it, after Jesus died.
Paul was a con artist.

He was hunting down Jesus' disciples, but when Jesus died, he saw an opportunity to just take over the whole movement, instead, so he made up a story that made him pivotal.

LOL, have made fun of Jesus, accused Paul of "making up" a Religion and scoffed at the fact that Christ is indeed God. No, "all paths" do not lead to God, in fact that statement reveals that you don't even believe what God says in the Torah. All you've done is cobble a belief system that you can accept, that is not the way it works. The Hebrews are warned repeatedly NOT to mix with non Hebrew peoples. My observation stands, you are not very bright. I am not "annoyed" by the choices others make, it has nothing to do with me.
Paul DID make up a religion....just like Muhammed did...just like Joseph Smith did...just like L. Ron Hubbard did.

Forum List

Back