Do Conservatives know what health insurance is?

I chatted with an old family friend a few days ago. The government is complicit in helping to strip every bit of wealth that they can from the people who work and have worked their whole lives to enjoy their later years. These friends have to pay almost four hundred dollars a month for medicare supplement and several hundred dollars a month for medications on top of that.

Yes...and why do you think that is? Medicare supplement plans are run by private companies with profit motives. So you whine and complain about how much you have to pay, but you refuse to admit to the reason why you have to pay so much.

While chatting with my friend I learned that a dairyman put in an illegal sewage pond within less than a hundred feet of my friend's well. They could not get any help to have the well tested to see how much the well is now polluted and that is their only source for water where they live. To have decent water to drink and use they must buy bottled water. After explaining to my friend the damage the excess nitrates and the possible chemical pollutants in his water will cause to his and his wife's health if they continue to drink it he determined he must find a way to be able to purify his now contaminated water source. If the government truly gave a damn about the health of its people it would start by cleaning up this type crap that is destroying the health of the young and old both.

Ahem...YOU'RE THE FUCKING IDIOTS WHO WANT TO ABOLISH THE EPA AND ELIMINATE ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTIONS BECAUSE "FREEDUMB".

So, I find this anecdote of yours bullshit.

People should not have to give away their hard earned money to a corrupt commerce system that purposely allows for the people to be damaged by that same commerce system....

Then why don't you support single-payer? Why don't you support the EPA? Why don't you support Clean Air & Water protections? For fuck's sake, this is a problem that is solved very easily yet you refuse to go along with the solution. I don't think you people even know what the fuck you want out of anything. I think all you people want is to draw attention to yourselves because of whatever insecurity you have. SMH.

1) When was the last time the CBO was right about anything?

Well, they were right about the Bush Tax Cuts creating massive deficits and debt, while not creating any jobs or growth. It's pretty obvious you are gaslighting the CBO so you never have to accept its conclusions.

2) Voluntarily choosing not to purchase is not "taking away" something.

Is that what you tell yourself?

3) Lack of insurance doesn't cause death.

Yes, it does because no insurance means no access to health care.

Well, they were right about the Bush Tax Cuts creating massive deficits and debt, while not creating any jobs or growth.

No they weren't.

Is that what you tell yourself?

No, it's what rational people tell nutbags.

Yes, it does because no insurance means no access to health care.

No it doesn't. We have indigent care laws that guarantee health care regardless of ability to pay or insurance.

That's three strikes... you're out!

Republicans were trying to take it away from 33 million people

Oh... it's up to 33 million this week? :rofl:

That's what CBO says

Trump says...Let em die

1) When was the last time the CBO was right about anything?

2) Voluntarily choosing not to purchase is not "taking away" something.

3) Lack of insurance doesn't cause death.

Doesn't address the problem, quibble about the numbers if you wish but we are talking over 10 million people

If you are dumping them off of insurance you had better have a backup plan other than ....too bad for you

Lack of insurance can cause death, suffering or bankruptcy
None of which are a desirable option

Doesn't address the problem, quibble about the numbers if you wish but we are talking over 10 million people

If you are dumping them off of insurance you had better have a backup plan other than ....too bad for you

No one is being dumped off of insurance. That happened when ACA was passed and thousands lost coverage through their employers. Repealing Obamacare means people aren't being forced to purchase insurance, that's not kicking anyone off.

Lack of insurance doesn't lead to death because health care is still available regardless of ability to pay. Bankruptcy laws are a good thing... it's preferable to debtor's prison. IF you are faced with the choice of having an operation to save your life and having to file bankruptcy as a result, or DYING... which would you choose? That's not a difficult choice.

What's not going to be a desirable option is when you get single payer and have to wait 9 months to see a doctor. That WILL cause death and suffering.

No one is being dumped off of insurance. That happened when ACA was passed and thousands lost coverage through their employers. Repealing Obamacare means people aren't being forced to purchase insurance, that's not kicking anyone off.

Lack of insurance doesn't lead to death because health care is still available regardless of ability to pay. Bankruptcy laws are a good thing... it's preferable to debtor's prison. IF you are faced with the choice of having an operation to save your life and having to file bankruptcy as a result, or DYING... which would you choose? That's not a difficult choice.

What's not going to be a desirable option is when you get single payer and have to wait 9 months to see a doctor. That WILL cause death and suffering.

After the passing of Obamacare, some people lost policies that did not meet basic standards....but there were better policies available to join

With Trumpcare, people lose their insurance and Republicans have nothing to replace it with

Lack of insurance doesn't lead to death because health care is still available regardless of ability to pay. Bankruptcy laws are a good thing... it's preferable to debtor's prison. IF you are faced with the choice of having an operation to save your life and having to file bankruptcy as

How callous
The rest of the world would be shocked that the richest country on earth allows people to lose all their possessions just because they got sick

Sell your house and you can get this operation....GOP healthcare

After the passing of Obamacare, some people lost policies that did not meet basic standards....but there were better policies available to join

With Trumpcare, people lose their insurance and Republicans have nothing to replace it with

some people lost policies that did not meet basic standards....but there were better policies available to join

With much higher premiums and much higher deductibles.

With Trumpcare, people lose their insurance and Republicans have nothing to replace it with.

If we stopped outlawing those cheaper, basic policies and allowed people to shop across state lines, that would replace it.

How much do we spend on defense, and how many taxpayers have been killed by an invading force since within our borders since 1776?

How many taxpayers will one day need medical care?

some people lost policies that did not meet basic standards....but there were better policies available to join

With much higher premiums and much higher deductibles.

With Trumpcare, people lose their insurance and Republicans have nothing to replace it with.

If we stopped outlawing those cheaper, basic policies and allowed people to shop across state lines, that would replace it.
People can shop across state lines right now
Nothing is stopping them

Republicans are pushing them to buy those no insurance insurance policies

Not true. Many people had much better policies but the insurance companies weren't going to be able to offer them to everyone at the same rates so they had to eliminate them.

There is no Trumpcare, nothing passed. We still have Obamacare. Last I checked, Tom Price is a Republican, he presented a great plan that was patient-centric and offered free market solutions. Several other Republicans have offered plans as well but none of them came up for a vote because the Establishment leaders of the GOP suddenly decided to betray their constituents and protect Obamacare. Mark my words, they are going to pay for the betrayal at the ballot box.

Lack of insurance doesn't lead to death because health care is still available regardless of ability to pay. Bankruptcy laws are a good thing... it's preferable to debtor's prison. IF you are faced with the choice of having an operation to save your life and having to file bankruptcy as

How callous
The rest of the world would be shocked that the richest country on earth allows people to lose all their possessions just because they got sick

Sell your house and you can get this operation....GOP healthcare

What's callous about my question you didn't answer? Again... You have the choice of dying or selling your house and living... which would you choose? In many other countries, you're not afforded a choice, you're going to die waiting on surgery. Because, you see, when something is FREE, more people line up for it.

People can shop across state lines right now
Nothing is stopping them

Insurance companies can't compete across state lines. I know the left wants to pretend this isn't an issue but why would the issue be raised if it were a non-issue? That can't make any rational sense, even to someone as dumb as you.

There ARE very large insurance companies who can afford to establish their companies in multiple states. This is not an option for every insurance company, especially the cost-conscious companies devoted to savings. And no you can't go to another state and buy insurance unless that company is licensed in your state.

How much do we spend on defense, and how many taxpayers have been killed by an invading force since within our borders since 1776?

That's a total false equivalency. National defense is a primary function of government and mandated by the Constitution. Health care is not. AND... health care IS available to anyone regardless of ability to pay at every emergency room in America.

That's a total false equivalency. National defense is a primary function of government and mandated by the Constitution. Health care is not. AND... health care IS available to anyone regardless of ability to pay at every emergency room in America.

That's an opinion, and not one I agree with. Art I, Sec 8, Clause one is much more clear than is the 2nd A. Read them both, and then get back to me with what you understand each to mean.

That's an opinion, and not one I agree with. Art I, Sec 8, Clause one is much more clear than is the 2nd A. Read them both, and then get back to me with what you understand each to mean.

I do understand them, I am a Constitutionalist.

I chatted with an old family friend a few days ago. The government is complicit in helping to strip every bit of wealth that they can from the people who work and have worked their whole lives to enjoy their later years. These friends have to pay almost four hundred dollars a month for medicare supplement and several hundred dollars a month for medications on top of that.

Yes...and why do you think that is? Medicare supplement plans are run by private companies with profit motives. So you whine and complain about how much you have to pay, but you refuse to admit to the reason why you have to pay so much.

While chatting with my friend I learned that a dairyman put in an illegal sewage pond within less than a hundred feet of my friend's well. They could not get any help to have the well tested to see how much the well is now polluted and that is their only source for water where they live. To have decent water to drink and use they must buy bottled water. After explaining to my friend the damage the excess nitrates and the possible chemical pollutants in his water will cause to his and his wife's health if they continue to drink it he determined he must find a way to be able to purify his now contaminated water source. If the government truly gave a damn about the health of its people it would start by cleaning up this type crap that is destroying the health of the young and old both.

Ahem...YOU'RE THE FUCKING IDIOTS WHO WANT TO ABOLISH THE EPA AND ELIMINATE ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTIONS BECAUSE "FREEDUMB".

So, I find this anecdote of yours bullshit.

People should not have to give away their hard earned money to a corrupt commerce system that purposely allows for the people to be damaged by that same commerce system....

Then why don't you support single-payer? Why don't you support the EPA? Why don't you support Clean Air & Water protections? For fuck's sake, this is a problem that is solved very easily yet you refuse to go along with the solution. I don't think you people even know what the fuck you want out of anything. I think all you people want is to draw attention to yourselves because of whatever insecurity you have. SMH.
Support 'single payer' for what, these people and their employers paid into a system their whole working lives to have medical coverage paid for in their old age. They and their employers did not pay into that system for an insurance company could demand their cut.

Apparently you are unaware that each state operates its own department for environmental issues for pollutants to air and water in the environment within their state. In this case where my friends are the dairies moved out of California and relocated to Idaho. The state of Idaho has a Department of Environmental Quality and it has its own legislators the make the laws and rules for business enterprises to follow. That is no guarantee that unscrupulous peeps won't abuse the environment. It is up to my friends to make a complaint against the dairy farmer after they have their water tested but see your insurance racketeers medical gurus that have gotten used to being guaranteed payment by legislation are robbing them blind so their resources are now limited. They will have to have the testing done on their well water so they can have the evidence of the pollution to their personal well and then they will have to find an attorney to sue the farmer.

No one is going to die from a burst appendix. Hospitals are compelled to provide emergency treatment. REAL health insurance does and should cover that. THAT is what insurance is. Literally, you pay x dollars so that an insurance company will indemnify you for a future risk.

So what if you don't have insurance, then? What happens then when you get an appendectomy?
If you need an appendectomy, you get an appendectomy, just like before obamacare.

Let;s say you let your auto insurance lapse and a month down the road you get in a fender bender. Can you rush out and buy an auto insurance policy and expect to get your car repaired?

obamacare IS NOT INSURANCE.

It may protect you from financial ruin. It is no longer insurance.

But you just said it was in an earlier post. So this is what I am talking about when I say you people don't know what health insurance is, don't know what health insurance companies do, and don't know how it relates to health care.

It's a way to spread risk.

To do what? Prevent financial ruin. Again, this is what I'm talking about when I say you people don't know what health insurance is, don't know what health insurance companies do, and don't know how it relates to health care.

1000 people pay in, maybe 10 need treatment for something serious.

But you don't know that. It could be 10, it could be all 1000. You don't know. And on top of that, you also don't know what medical needs you or anyone else will have day-to-day, so you have insurance to insure you against financial ruin in the event you do have medical needs. So you are simultaneously saying insurance doesn't protect you from financial ruin, while saying it protects you from financial ruin.

And that is why the cognitive dissonance is strong with you.
You are without a doubt, the most ignorant person I ever heard discussing health insurance. You really should confine your discussion to something you are familiar with, like licking bus windows or picking your nose.

Forum List

Back