Do Folks Not Realize How Foolish They Appear................

Campbell

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2015
..............when they throw in about five "You Knows" in every sentence they speak? College graduates with enviable credentials have fallen into the same trap. I'm about ready to fold up the tent anyway so it makes no difference to me but I think it's a sad thing. I never attended college but the high school teachers I had would blow a gasket if they heard all this bullshit!~

..............when they throw in about five "You Knows" in every sentence they speak? College graduates with enviable credentials have fallen into the same trap. I'm about ready to fold up the tent anyway so it makes no difference to me but I think it's a sad thing. I never attended college but the high school teachers I had would blow a gasket if they heard all this bullshit!~

It goes well beyond that, hell you can't read an article now that doesn't have grammatical errors and misspelled words.

My favorite is when someone follows up every statement with "You know what I mean?"

It goes well beyond that, hell you can't read an article now that doesn't have grammatical errors and misspelled words.

My high school teachers would rip them a new one too.

My favorite is when someone follows up every statement with "You know what I mean?"

Yep.....especially if they already have a batch of "You Knows" in the conversation.

And yet the Left defends this education system at every turn. It's sad.

Another one is those who end SO MANY sentences with "right?"

I was watching Charlie Rose interviewing a guy who constantly did it, and it gets pretty distracting. "The Democrats are looking at 2018, right?, and thinking 'we probably have a chance to pick up some seats', right?..."

FACK. I swear, he said "right?" at least 75 times in 30 minutes.

Annoying, right?

Who cares? Geeeeezzzz .. So instead of looking at the content ,you are focusing on their grammar...lol

I do. It is a reflection of at best a poor education and at worst slothfulness. When these types of errors are occurring in major publications it is indicative of deeper, systemic problem.

Another one is those who end SO MANY sentences with "right?"

I was watching Charlie Rose interviewing a guy who constantly did it, and it gets pretty distracting. "The Democrats are looking at 2018, right?, and thinking 'we probably have a chance to pick up some seats', right?..."

FACK. I swear, he said "right?" at least 75 times in 30 minutes.

Annoying, right?

I know, right? ;)

Substance is more important than form.

I know, ya know? :laugh:

Students are no longer taught that clear communication is essential for vocational advancement. As noted earlier, even major publications suffer because neither their reporters nor editors know English.

And yet the Left defends this education system at every turn. It's sad.

Stupid people are easily led.

Ha! I misspell shit all the time. To be fair though, half the time it's my damn phone & it's apparent proof reading skills.

Ha! I misspell shit all the time. To be fair though, half the time it's my damn phone & it's apparent proof reading skills.

With me it's just crappy typing skills.

Forum List

Back