Do Folks Not Realize How Foolish They Appear................

..............when they throw in about five "You Knows" in every sentence they speak? College graduates with enviable credentials have fallen into the same trap. I'm about ready to fold up the tent anyway so it makes no difference to me but I think it's a sad thing. I never attended college but the high school teachers I had would blow a gasket if they heard all this bullshit!~
Eva cins I tok the Evlyn Woodhead Sped Reddin corse my compresion has impoved con, considrably. And you herd it rite hear on Roller Derby.

..............when they throw in about five "You Knows" in every sentence they speak? College graduates with enviable credentials have fallen into the same trap. I'm about ready to fold up the tent anyway so it makes no difference to me but I think it's a sad thing. I never attended college but the high school teachers I had would blow a gasket if they heard all this bullshit!~

It goes well beyond that, hell you can't read an article now that doesn't have grammatical errors and misspelled words.
Ha! I misspell shit all the time. To be fair though, half the time it's my damn phone & it's apparent proof reading skills.

With me it's just crappy typing skills.
Sometimes my phone will substitute words I didn't intend and I don't notice it. Lately it's been posting shit before I'm done typing. The keyboard will just suddenly vanish as I'm trying to hit a letter and as a result I hit post reply before I can catch it.

Does the op realize how anal he sounds. And to get a good laugh did he notice his thread about grammar has a grammatical error in the damn title?

The wife is fluent in Valley Girl, if someone is being annoying she'll slip into Val speak just to fuck with em. It's hysterically funny to watch.

Who cares? Geeeeezzzz .. So instead of looking at the content ,you are focusing on their grammar...lol

I do. It is a reflection of at best a poor education and at worst slothfulness. When these types of errors are occurring in major publications it is indicative of deeper, systemic problem.

My favorite class in high school was a English class
Who cares? Geeeeezzzz .. So instead of looking at the content ,you are focusing on their grammar...lol

If you present yourself as a moron, I have no interest in your content.

What is a snob...lol ( I am not calling you a snob , but this thread is borderline .

snob
snäb/
noun
  1. a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and dislikes people or activities regarded as lower-class.
    • a person who believes that their tastes in a particular area are superior to those of other people.
      "a musical snob"

I do. It is a reflection of at best a poor education and at worst slothfulness. When these types of errors are occurring in major publications it is indicative of deeper, systemic problem.

My favorite class in high school was a English class

If you present yourself as a moron, I have no interest in your content.

What is a snob...lol ( I am not calling you a snob , but this thread is borderline .

snob
snäb/
noun
  1. a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and dislikes people or activities regarded as lower-class.
    • a person who believes that their tastes in a particular area are superior to those of other people.
      "a musical snob"

So? Those who are willing to accept low standards usually get them.

The wife is fluent in Valley Girl, if someone is being annoying she'll slip into Val speak just to fuck with em. It's hysterically funny to watch.
I dated a girl in high school that talked like that. Not too bright but hot as hell.
Like I had this idea, like oh my god, like, you know those self driving cars. Well like you can send them to like do all the like shopping you like don't want to do, the shopping like where it's like gag me with a spoon, like do you know what I mean.

I dated a girl in high school that talked like that. Not too bright but hot as hell.
Like I had this idea, like oh my god, like, you know those self driving cars. Well like you can send them to like do all the like shopping you like don't want to do, the shopping like where it's like gag me with a spoon, like do you know what I mean.
Oh shit!! I forgot to toss in 'totally' at least five times. Oh my god I must be like totally slipping.......

Oh shit!! I forgot to toss in 'totally' at least five times. Oh my god I must be like totally slipping.......

I'm like LMAO

Forum List

Back