Do gays choose to be gay? How can we refuse equal rights?

I propose that gay people utilize their right to bear arms to defend their rights from people who wish to deprive them of those rights.

What right is really taken away besides marriage and the things that go with that and that is not in every state?? I am for gay marriage and I am considered a right winger. You cant chose who you fall in love with .. BUT they get all other rights . And we are not telling they cant have a relation ships. Marriage needs to be out of government anyway and just go with a forms for things like seeing a family member in the hospital, YOUR KING can amend his Healthcare law saying they have to accept domestic partners on their insurance and a WILL would stop other family members from taking things if your DP or husband ... Tax purposes. GO flat tax and that ends all that crap.Marriage should be in churches. The other stuff should be done separate.. So they make their own churches so they dont have to lose that right. And since no tax breaks if we all have FLAT taxes they wont need that either

Yes, this is a refrain I hear over and over and over...but where's the legislation? In 20 years of talking about marriage equality, not once have I seen a state legislature or our Congress introduce a bill that would take the government out of the "marriage business". Why is that I wonder?

I would like to see if ANY of our posters who have declared that government should get out of the marriage business have actively done something to make that happen...start/sign a petition...write their Congressman...refuse to get a civil license....anything like that.

It doesn't matter if people choose to be gay or not.

No adult should be barred from entering a property contract which is all marriage is.

And they aren't, stupid. They can get a "property contract" any time they want you ignorant fuck. You do not need marriage for a contract, asshole.

The fact that you believe "entering a property contract which is all marriage is" shows what a brainless libtard twit you are (and why you people are such a cancer to America).

It's amaazing to watch on the one hand gays think government should be out of marriage, but should still give them all the benefits of marriage. They think marriage is nothing more than a domestic contract but when offered domestic contracts they want marriage. The gay agenda is pretty clear: destroy the norms and institutions of society and substitute their own.

That's exactly what I've been saying for years TR. Dumbcorats scream "get out of my bedroom" while literally demanding that the U.S. government climb into bed with them. It's so absurd, it can only be libtard "logic".

What right is really taken away besides marriage and the things that go with that and that is not in every state?? I am for gay marriage and I am considered a right winger. You cant chose who you fall in love with .. BUT they get all other rights . And we are not telling they cant have a relation ships. Marriage needs to be out of government anyway and just go with a forms for things like seeing a family member in the hospital, YOUR KING can amend his Healthcare law saying they have to accept domestic partners on their insurance and a WILL would stop other family members from taking things if your DP or husband ... Tax purposes. GO flat tax and that ends all that crap.Marriage should be in churches. The other stuff should be done separate.. So they make their own churches so they dont have to lose that right. And since no tax breaks if we all have FLAT taxes they wont need that either

Yes, this is a refrain I hear over and over and over...but where's the legislation? In 20 years of talking about marriage equality, not once have I seen a state legislature or our Congress introduce a bill that would take the government out of the "marriage business". Why is that I wonder?

I would like to see if ANY of our posters who have declared that government should get out of the marriage business have actively done something to make that happen...start/sign a petition...write their Congressman...refuse to get a civil license....anything like that.

As I've already explained to the disingenuous Seabytch, you don't need marriage for anything that Dumbocrats wants. Seabytch can (and should anyway) have a will to leave her partner whatever she wishes to leave her. She can get a Power of Attorney for everything in their lives from making decisions about finance to life & death, to hospital visitation.

But people like you and her aren't interested in being responsible and independent (then again, show me a Dumbocrat who is) - it's all about bilking the system for everything it's worth with you people.

Nope, didn't see where it said they were the main factor because that would be ridiculous. While social constructs may play a part, they aren't the main part.

Seriously, think about it. No matter the society or civilization, no matter how tolerant or intolerant, there have always been roughly the same amount of gays.

you not WANTING to see does not mean it is not there. It just means you do not want to acknowledge it as it will burst your beleif that you were" born this way". You were not, unless you have had chromosomal abnormalities or hormonal discrepancies from the very birth.

I read through it and what you're claiming it says isn't there. You are born with your sexual orientation. You can choose not to act on it because of the way your society treats you, but you don't choose the feelings.

It's not a "belief", it's me. I know I didn't choose.

No, you are not.
if you do not have some congenitally determined abnormalities.
choice is not always conscious - and that what the book is all about.

but I get it - you have your preconceived bubble belief system and are afraid that anything new will burst it and then the whole construction you've built on it will crumble.it happens often - and the book tells about it as well. That's why homosexual community clings so much to this bubble belief system ("I am born this way") even if medical science and sociology do not support it.

Where is the legislation?!? Did you seriously just say that?!? Dumbocrtas just like you who think everything should be owned & controlled by the federal government (ie communism) and who hate the church, are working around the clock to block tax reform and stop small government conservatives from restoring constitutional government to the U.S., want to know "where" the legislation is?!? :bang3:

Un-fucking-believable...

Because Dumbocrtas just like you are not happy unless the federal government runs and controls everything... :bang3:

No, they haven't. The U.S. was not forced by U.S. law to recognize squat. Now, however, that tragic precedence has been set.

Oh Puppy, really? A country of immigrants and you think this is the first time the US has recognized a citizens marriage from another country?

Validity of Marriages Abroad

In general, unless the marriage breaks U.S. state laws, marriages which are legally performed and valid abroad are also legally valid in the United States. Inquiries regarding the validity of a marriage abroad should be directed to the attorney general of the state in the United States where the parties to the marriage live.
Marriage of United States Citizens Abroad -- Validity of Foreign Marriages

No stupid - I didn't say this was "the first time". I said the U.S. was not legally bound to do so until now.

It's so sad how disingenuous you become when your having your ass handed to you in a debate. You know exactly what I said - but you can't be a big girl when you're wrong so you have to PRETEND like you didn't understand.

Puppy, this wasn't the first time marriages performed in another country were adjudicated here. You're bringing up some really silly shit. Out of other ludicrous arguments?

Where is the legislation?!? Did you seriously just say that?!? Dumbocrtas just like you who think everything should be owned & controlled by the federal government (ie communism) and who hate the church, are working around the clock to block tax reform and stop small government conservatives from restoring constitutional government to the U.S., want to know "where" the legislation is?!? :bang3:

Un-fucking-believable...

Yes Puppy, where is the legislation. It doesn't have to be Federal legislation, Pupster. Republicans control a lot of state houses. Where's the bill that would end legal marriage in those states?

you not WANTING to see does not mean it is not there. It just means you do not want to acknowledge it as it will burst your beleif that you were" born this way". You were not, unless you have had chromosomal abnormalities or hormonal discrepancies from the very birth.

I read through it and what you're claiming it says isn't there. You are born with your sexual orientation. You can choose not to act on it because of the way your society treats you, but you don't choose the feelings.

No, you are not.

but I get it - you have your preconceived bubble belief system and are afraid that anything new will burst it and then the whole construction you've built on it will crumble.it happens often - and the book tells about it as well. That's why homosexual community clings so much to this bubble belief system ("I am born this way") even if medical science and sociology do not support it.

It's not me it matters to. I don't care why. I know I was born being attracted to people of the same sex. It only matters to people that want to deny equality because they think it's a choice.

Religion and bigotry are choices, not sexual orientation.

No, you are not.

It's not me it matters to. I don't care why. I know I was born being attracted to people of the same sex. It only matters to people that want to deny equality because they think it's a choice.

Religion and bigotry are choices, not sexual orientation.

Remind me what equality you're being denied.

And quit fucking whining. No one wants to hear it.

No adult should be barred from entering a property contract which is all marriage is.

And they aren't, stupid. They can get a "property contract" any time they want you ignorant fuck. You do not need marriage for a contract, asshole.

The fact that you believe "entering a property contract which is all marriage is" shows what a brainless libtard twit you are (and why you people are such a cancer to America).

Marriage is nothing but a property contract you idiot there is nothing sacred about it.

And if you think I'm some liberal democrat then you're obviously new here.

It's amaazing to watch on the one hand gays think government should be out of marriage, but should still give them all the benefits of marriage. They think marriage is nothing more than a domestic contract but when offered domestic contracts they want marriage. The gay agenda is pretty clear: destroy the norms and institutions of society and substitute their own.

It's equal treatment under the law.

Is that too much to ask?

What does it matter if a married couple is same sex or not?

The marriage of convenience has been around a long time and no one ever complains about that.

Is that too much to ask?

The marriage of convenience has been around a long time and no one ever complains about that.

gays can make a legal committment to each other by use of several enforceable documents. But thats not what they are after--------they want the govt to force the rest of us to condone and sanction their gay union as a marriage.

Its all about the word "marriage" not equality---they already have equality.

Is that too much to ask?

gays can make a legal committment to each other by use of several enforceable documents. But thats not what they are after--------they want the govt to force the rest of us to condone and sanction their gay union as a marriage.

So what?

Isn't it stupid to say that someone will have all the rights and benefits of marriage and yet refuse to call it that?

You don't have to accept people being gay you just have to tolerate it.

Can you give me a cogent rational argument on why any two adults who so choose should not be recognized as legally married?

Is that too much to ask?

They have equal treatment under the law. Gay men can marry exactly the same people straight men can. How is that discrimination? It is total equality.

Is that too much to ask?

So what?

Isn't it stupid to say that someone will have all the rights and benefits of marriage and yet refuse to call it that?

You don't have to accept people being gay you just have to tolerate it.

Can you give me a cogent rational argument on why any two adults who so choose should not be recognized as legally married?

It comes down to a basic belief regarding human society and what is best for a majority.

Gay marriage is an aberation in the minds of a majority of human beings.

you can try to refute that simple truth if you like, but thats what it comes down to.

Is that too much to ask?

They have equal treatment under the law. Gay men can marry exactly the same people straight men can. How is that discrimination? It is total equality.

I don't see how a same sex married couple is any different from a hetero married couple.

Marriage is a property contract that has been given special standing in society that is all.

It's really no big deal.

You are so stupid you don't even know how stupid you sound. "A gay man can marry a woman."

You are a throwback to the Klansmen who used to oppose interracial marriage by saying, "A white woman can marry a white man."

The arguments of bigots then and now are unchanged.

Last edited:

Is that too much to ask?

I don't see how a same sex married couple is any different from a hetero married couple.

Marriage is a property contract that has been given special standing in society that is all.

It's really no big deal.
That's begging the question. It's different because a man is not a woman.

Has this discussion served to lessen the 'Yuck factor' amongst objecting Straight Folk, yet?
52_52.gif

Forum List

Back