Do gays choose to be gay? How can we refuse equal rights?

I was born gay. When have I ever contradicted that statement?

I don't know what combination of genetic and invitro environmental factors led to my being over on the gay side of the sexuality scale. What difference does it make in a free country?

What the fuck is your infatuation with my life? Do you ask anyone else's spouses to post in order to prove their existence?

Actually I think you're really a 300lb black transexual named Roscoe.

Keep your sexual fantasies to yourself.

Look who's talking?

Sadly, it does (and sadly, you don't even know that despite supporting it). The DOMA suit was brought by a gay woman who was not even married in the U.S. - she was married in Canada. Thus the ruling now creates the precedence that we MUST recognize the marriage of foreigners, including muslims with 52 wives.

So glad that you forge ahead supporting things that you are ill-informed on. Any wonder why this nation is on the verge of collapse when we have Dumbocrats like this running around screaming support for things they don't understand? :eusa_whistle:

You do realize that the US recognizes marriages from other countries, right?

I understand just fine. I understand you've lost this "culture war" and it's made you slightly insane.

And YOU do realize that they are also inferior to us, right? WHY do YOU wish to bring us down to their level?

What are you talking about? The U.S. has always recognized legal marriages from other countries. Where have you been?

there is no innate trait for homosexuality. or heterosexuality. or bisexuality. It is a complex combination of anatomy/physiology and the most important influence of social structures.

sexual identification and sexual preference is way more influenced by social construction than biology.

Denying it does not change it.

here is a very brief summary on the very wide scope of sexual field interactions of today ( mostly on the social side of the story, since medical is too complicated to discuss on a message board):

Introducing the New Sexuality Studies: 2nd Edition - Google Books

What you posted does not support your hypothesis that "sexual preference is way more influenced by social construction than biology"

yes, it DOES.

it tells it straight from the very first page.

Quote exactly where the linked document says that sexual orientation has more to do with societal constructs than biology.

What you posted does not support your hypothesis that "sexual preference is way more influenced by social construction than biology"

yes, it DOES.

Quote exactly where the linked document says that sexual orientation has more to do with societal constructs than biology.

the whole book is the quote. If you are too lazy to read - it is not my problem.

I posted the link - the social constructions of the society are the main factors in sexual orientation forming.

You do realize that the US recognizes marriages from other countries, right?

I understand just fine. I understand you've lost this "culture war" and it's made you slightly insane.

And YOU do realize that they are also inferior to us, right? WHY do YOU wish to bring us down to their level?

What are you talking about? The U.S. has always recognized legal marriages from other countries. Where have you been?

No, they haven't. The U.S. was not forced by U.S. law to recognize squat. Now, however, that tragic precedence has been set.

No, they haven't. The U.S. was not forced by U.S. law to recognize squat. Now, however, that tragic precedence has been set.

Oh Puppy, really? A country of immigrants and you think this is the first time the US has recognized a citizens marriage from another country?

Validity of Marriages Abroad

In general, unless the marriage breaks U.S. state laws, marriages which are legally performed and valid abroad are also legally valid in the United States. Inquiries regarding the validity of a marriage abroad should be directed to the attorney general of the state in the United States where the parties to the marriage live.
Marriage of United States Citizens Abroad -- Validity of Foreign Marriages

yes, it DOES.

the whole book is the quote. If you are too lazy to read - it is not my problem.

I posted the link - the social constructions of the society are the main factors in sexual orientation forming.

Nope, didn't see where it said they were the main factor because that would be ridiculous. While social constructs may play a part, they aren't the main part.

Seriously, think about it. No matter the society or civilization, no matter how tolerant or intolerant, there have always been roughly the same amount of gays.

And as for God...does he make us or not? If our rights cannot be granted by the government, but instead, are "God given"....................like the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms..........and God makes us, then why is it that God made some humans to be born in a country where His rights are granted, but condemns other humans he makes to be born in places like N Korea that deny the rights that are God given by Him?
So now fudge packing is a protected 'Right' like the 2nd Amendment?? .. :cuckoo:

I propose that gay people utilize their right to bear arms to defend their rights from people who wish to deprive them of those rights.
What right is really taken away besides marriage and the things that go with that and that is not in every state?? I am for gay marriage and I am considered a right winger. You cant chose who you fall in love with .. BUT they get all other rights . And we are not telling they cant have a relation ships. Marriage needs to be out of government anyway and just go with a forms for things like seeing a family member in the hospital, YOUR KING can amend his Healthcare law saying they have to accept domestic partners on their insurance and a WILL would stop other family members from taking things if your DP or husband ... Tax purposes. GO flat tax and that ends all that crap.Marriage should be in churches. The other stuff should be done separate.. So they make their own churches so they dont have to lose that right. And since no tax breaks if we all have FLAT taxes they wont need that either

Last edited:
So now fudge packing is a protected 'Right' like the 2nd Amendment?? .. :cuckoo:

I propose that gay people utilize their right to bear arms to defend their rights from people who wish to deprive them of those rights.
What right is really taken away besides marriage and the things that go with that and that is not in every state?? I am for gay marriage and I am considered a right winger. You cant chose who you fall in love with .. BUT they get all other rights . And we are not telling they cant have a relation ships. Marriage needs to be out of government anyway and just go with a forms for things like seeing a family member in the hospital, YOUR KING can amend his Healthcare law saying they have to accept domestic partners on their insurance and a WILL would stop other family members from taking things if your DP or husband ... Tax purposes. GO flat tax and that ends all that crap.Marriage should be in churches. The other stuff should be done separate.. So they make their own churches so they dont have to lose that right. And since no tax breaks if we all have FLAT taxes they wont need that either
1. What have YOU actively done to get government out of marriage? Refuse a state marriage license in protest?

2. Who is "YOUR KING"? We are not the UK and they have a Queen right now.

3. What about people who DON'T go to church? Can't get married?

It doesn't matter if people choose to be gay or not.

No adult should be barred from entering a property contract which is all marriage is.

Nope, didn't see where it said they were the main factor because that would be ridiculous. While social constructs may play a part, they aren't the main part.

Seriously, think about it. No matter the society or civilization, no matter how tolerant or intolerant, there have always been roughly the same amount of gays.

you not WANTING to see does not mean it is not there. It just means you do not want to acknowledge it as it will burst your beleif that you were" born this way". You were not, unless you have had chromosomal abnormalities or hormonal discrepancies from the very birth.

Yes, this is a refrain I hear over and over and over...but where's the legislation? In 20 years of talking about marriage equality, not once have I seen a state legislature or our Congress introduce a bill that would take the government out of the "marriage business". Why is that I wonder?

you not WANTING to see does not mean it is not there. It just means you do not want to acknowledge it as it will burst your beleif that you were" born this way". You were not, unless you have had chromosomal abnormalities or hormonal discrepancies from the very birth.

I read through it and what you're claiming it says isn't there. You are born with your sexual orientation. You can choose not to act on it because of the way your society treats you, but you don't choose the feelings.

It's not a "belief", it's me. I know I didn't choose.

Yes, this is a refrain I hear over and over and over...but where's the legislation? In 20 years of talking about marriage equality, not once have I seen a state legislature or our Congress introduce a bill that would take the government out of the "marriage business". Why is that I wonder?
I wish someone would , I would vote for it! As long as they change the law that my husband can come see me in the ICU or get Power of Attorney or anything a spouse can get now legally.. If gays want to considered married in their eyes, get married no one is stopping them . They dont even have to do the vows at a church. But if they want it in the church,( which by the way is in the constitution)
doesnt believe in gay marriage they should not be required by the government to have them. Build their own churches. No one is stopping them!

I wish someone would , I would vote for it! As long as they change the law that my husband can come see me in the ICU or get Power of Attorney or anything a spouse can get now legally.. If gays want to considered married in their eyes, get married no one is stopping them . They dont even have to do the vows at a church. But if they want it in the church,( which by the way is in the constitution)
doesnt believe in gay marriage they should not be required by the government to have them. Build their own churches. No one is stopping them!

We have always had equal access to religious marriage. There are plenty of churches that will marry us there. It's not about religious marriage.

I said it is not a genetic trait, not that genetics are not involved.

I don't believe in god
. I was simply born with a greater attraction to women than to men.

and therein lies your problem. you are a sad pititul human being wytch.

That I don't believe in your god makes me "a sad and pitiful human being"?

What's sad is that the fucking Catholic Pope has more understanding of what makes people "sad and pitiful" than you do, Fishy.

I also dont believe in god, but I also think you & bodey and your homo agenda are a cancer on society.

Oh Puppy, really? A country of immigrants and you think this is the first time the US has recognized a citizens marriage from another country?

Validity of Marriages Abroad

In general, unless the marriage breaks U.S. state laws, marriages which are legally performed and valid abroad are also legally valid in the United States. Inquiries regarding the validity of a marriage abroad should be directed to the attorney general of the state in the United States where the parties to the marriage live.
Marriage of United States Citizens Abroad -- Validity of Foreign Marriages

No stupid - I didn't say this was "the first time". I said the U.S. was not legally bound to do so until now.

It's so sad how disingenuous you become when your having your ass handed to you in a debate. You know exactly what I said - but you can't be a big girl when you're wrong so you have to PRETEND like you didn't understand.

No adult should be barred from entering a property contract which is all marriage is.

And they aren't, stupid. They can get a "property contract" any time they want you ignorant fuck. You do not need marriage for a contract, asshole.

The fact that you believe "entering a property contract which is all marriage is" shows what a brainless libtard twit you are (and why you people are such a cancer to America).

And they aren't, stupid. They can get a "property contract" any time they want you ignorant fuck. You do not need marriage for a contract, asshole.

The fact that you believe "entering a property contract which is all marriage is" shows what a brainless libtard twit you are (and why you people are such a cancer to America).

It's amaazing to watch on the one hand gays think government should be out of marriage, but should still give them all the benefits of marriage. They think marriage is nothing more than a domestic contract but when offered domestic contracts they want marriage. The gay agenda is pretty clear: destroy the norms and institutions of society and substitute their own.

Forum List

Back