Do Guardian Angels Exist?

like i said this aint about god....why are you trying to divert the subject to him?....
Of course it is about God.

For almighty God. . ., because he is supremely good, would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself.

MLK said, "We are never to think of God's power in terms of what he could conceivably do by the exercise of what we may call sheer omnipotence which crushes all obstacles in its path. We are always to think of God's power in terms of his purpose. If what he did by sheer omnipotence defeated his purpose, then, however startling and impressive, it would be an expression of weakness, not of power. Indeed, a good definition of power is "ability to achieve purpose. This applies to the power of a gun, or a drug, or an argument, or even a sermon! Does it achieve its end? Does it fulfill its purpose?

We must realize that God's power is not put forward to get certain things done, but to get them done in a certain way, and with certain results in the lives of those who do them. We can see this clearly in human illustrations. My purpose in doing a crossword puzzle is not to fill in certain words. I could fill them in easily by waiting for tomorrow morning's paper. Filling them in without the answers is harder but much more satisfying, for it calls out resourcefulness, ingenuity, and discipline which by the easier way would find no self expression."

Catholic thought asks the question, "But why did God not create a world so perfect that no evil could exist in it?" And answers it with, "With infinite power God could always create something better. But with infinite wisdom and goodness God freely willed to create a world "in a state of journeying" towards its ultimate perfection. In God's plan this process of becoming involves the appearance of certain beings and the disappearance of others, the existence of the more perfect alongside the less perfect, both constructive and destructive forces of nature.

For almighty God. . ., because he is supremely good, would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself."
ding i can give a rats ass what catholics think....i was raised catholic i know better....

Of course it is about God.

For almighty God. . ., because he is supremely good, would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself.
no it was about guardian angels.....you are making it about god.....probably because you cant make excuses for their poor performance guarding people.....and i get that....

ding i can give a rats ass what catholics think....i was raised catholic i know better....
I disagree. I believe you are a lost sheep. But the point of telling you what Catholics believe is that it is relevant to this discussion.

You can't understand why anything bad would happen to anyone if there are guardian angels. And the answer to that is because he is supremely good, God would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself. You can't see it, because you don't have perfect knowledge. God can see it because he does have perfect knowledge.

no it was about guardian angels.....you are making it about god.....probably because you cant make excuses for their poor performance guarding people.....and i get that....
So guardian angels aren't doing the will of God?

What are they lone wolfs?

I disagree. I believe you are a lost sheep. But the point of telling you what Catholics believe is that it is relevant to this discussion.

You can't understand why anything bad would happen to anyone if there are guardian angels. And the answer to that is because he is supremely good, God would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself. You can't see it, because you don't have perfect knowledge. God can see it because he does have perfect knowledge.
of course you disagree....you buy their bullshit....i dont....the catholic church is a fucking joke.....im sure Jesus would approve of all their Silver and Gold in the Vatican....what you cant seem to understand is why say there are so called guardian Angles watching over us if they dont do a good job of guarding....lost sheep?....or someone who has opened his eyes and asked questions and got excuses and bullshit answers like what you are doing....

Only if you are commissioned by God to do a work on this earth. THOSE individuals have divine protection. Every body else is a victim of time and chance. Jesus' dealings with the devil while in the wilderness makes that clear

of course you disagree....you buy their bullshit....i dont....the catholic church is a fucking joke.....im sure Jesus would approve of all their Silver and Gold in the Vatican....what you cant seem to understand is why say there are so called guardian Angles watching over us if they dont do a good job of guarding....lost sheep?....or someone who has opened his eyes and asked questions and got excuses and bullshit answers like what you are doing....
:itsok:

the will of god is for them to look the other way when a little kid is molested or murdered?...is that the will of god?.....
Don't be silly. Like I said before... God would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself. You can't see it, because you don't have perfect knowledge. God can see it because he does have perfect knowledge.

Harry Dresden

"It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil, or He has the direct intention to produce evil; this is impossible His works are all perfectly good. He only produces existence, and all existence is good. God is perfect goodness, and that all that comes from Him is absolutely good. Consequently the true work of God is all good, since it is existence. ALL the great evils which men cause to each other because of certain intentions, desires, opinions, or religious principles, are likewise due to non-existence, because they originate in ignorance, which is absence of wisdom. The numerous evils to which individual persons are exposed are due to the defects existing in the persons themselves. We suffer from the evils which we, by our own free will, inflict on ourselves and ascribe them to God, who is far from being connected with them. Man himself is the author of this class of evils." Maimonides

Don't be silly. Like I said before... God would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself. You can't see it, because you don't have perfect knowledge. God can see it because he does have perfect knowledge.
and you cant see it because you buy the bullshit without question....here let me give you one these.....:itsok:

and you cant see it because you buy the bullshit without question....here let me give you one these.....:itsok:
No, not always, but if I never looked for it I would be like you and not see any of it. Your dissatisfaction isn't with religion, it's with life.

William James said, "when all is said and done, we are in the end absolutely dependent on the universe; and into sacrifices and surrenders of some sort, deliberately looked at and accepted, we are drawn and pressed as into our only permanent positions of repose. Now in those states of mind which fall short of religion, the surrender is submitted to as an imposition of necessity, and the sacrifice is undergone at the very best without complaint. In the religious life, on the contrary, surrender and sacrifice are positively espoused: even unnecessary givings-up are added in order that the happiness may increase. Religion thus makes easy and felicitous what in any case is necessary; and if it be the only agency that can accomplish this result, its vital importance as a human faculty stands vindicated beyond dispute. It becomes an essential organ of our life, performing a function which no other portion of our nature can so successfully fulfill."

Your comments demonstrate that you aren't capable of suffering without complaint.

No, not always, but if I never looked for it I would be like you and not see any of it. Your dissatisfaction isn't with religion, it's with life.

William James said, "when all is said and done, we are in the end absolutely dependent on the universe; and into sacrifices and surrenders of some sort, deliberately looked at and accepted, we are drawn and pressed as into our only permanent positions of repose. Now in those states of mind which fall short of religion, the surrender is submitted to as an imposition of necessity, and the sacrifice is undergone at the very best without complaint. In the religious life, on the contrary, surrender and sacrifice are positively espoused: even unnecessary givings-up are added in order that the happiness may increase. Religion thus makes easy and felicitous what in any case is necessary; and if it be the only agency that can accomplish this result, its vital importance as a human faculty stands vindicated beyond dispute. It becomes an essential organ of our life, performing a function which no other portion of our nature can so successfully fulfill."

Your comments demonstrate that you aren't capable of suffering without complaint.
give me a fucking break.....you are one of those so hoodwinked by whatever religion you obey without question, you think anyone who isnt as brainwashed as you are must be dissatisfied with life....you know jack shit about me....but then thats the way you religious people are....if you dont believe what i believe you must have problems....for me you people are the ones with a problem....religion causes more strife then just about anything else......Your comments demonstrate that you are just another long line of someone consumed by what ever religion you follow without question....i ask questions,and if i dont get an answer that i like i will question even more...try it sometimes....

Forum List

Back