Do homosexuals deserve Hell?

y
Hypothetical situation: Two people of the same gender engage in sexual activity. Both are willing to do so and aware of all potential consequences (disease, injury, embarrassment, etc.). No one is affected in any way by this act except the two homosexuals. Have these people committed a crime? If so, please explain how.
gay1.jpg
I see no Commandment in my Bible saying "Thou Shalt Not Plug Thy Buddy in the Butt, Neither Shalt Thou Take Him Up the Poop Chute".

But, it doesn't appeal to me.

Do what you like.

Eeeeewwww....

According to most religious texts, not any more than people who wear mixed fabrics, eat types of seafood, are jealous about each others property, divorce, try to seduce angels, eat types of meat, show too much skin, or not worship the 'right god' and follow the right rituals.

Actually, the Torah does not say that homosexuals deserve "hell" at all....

HERE is a proud DUMPSTA member - well below the 50 IQ point requirement!

Bravo Statist.

{
Leviticus 20:13
Viewing the King James Version. Click to switch to 1611 King James Version of Leviticus 20:13.

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.}

Stupid, and dishonest - that's Statist!
The New Testament freed us from the Old.

Just sayin', I sure ain't lyin' with no man.

Actually the Torah prohibits homosexuality, a to'evha, punishable by death.

a to'evha means "abomination".

But you are wrong.

The Tanakh does not prohbit homosexuality.

It prohibits two very specific sexual acts that we describe as homosexual.

It does not prohibt thinking homosexual thoughts or having homosexual feelings.

Plus, to very different verbs are used as well. if you want more information, I will provide it, but otherwise, I won't overload the thread.

But just to put this in perspective: there are 613 mitzvoteem (commandments) in the Tanakh, and only two verses deal with anything "gay" at all.

Add to that the fact that Yeshuah (Jesus) was not quoted as having said a single word about anything "gay" is also very telling.

So everyone gets 613 mitzvoteems and homosexuals get two extra special ones? Oh and I am not wrong and "to'ehva" means an abhorrent thing,

Bravo Statist.

{
Viewing the King James Version. Click to switch to 1611 King James Version of Leviticus 20:13.

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.}

You're confusing Testaments with Covenants and even then homosexuality is condemned in both the Old and New Testaments

Bravo Statist.

{

Yeah, my fibs mostly belie females...

Bravo Statist.

{

Me neither.

But who fool whom you quoted still has it wrong.

There are exactly two commandments in the Tanakh that prohibit gay sex, but they do not prohibit homosexuality. There is a difference between the state of being homosexual and committing a specific act.

Bravo Statist.

{

You're confusing Testaments with Covenants and even then homosexuality is condemned in both the Old and New Testaments
I stoned my adulterating wife and got off scott free using the Bible as a source of my defense...

Bravo Statist.

{

So is judging others.

I got enough sin of my own to deal with, I am not concerned with the other guy.

I do find the idea abhorrent, but, we are free will individuals.

Final judgement is not my call, all I expect from my Christ is a fair hearing.

I am sure I will test the Pope's "Grace is given to all" theory.

Bravo Statist.

{

Me neither.

But who fool whom you quoted still has it wrong.

There are exactly two commandments in the Tanakh that prohibit gay sex, but they do not prohibit homosexuality. There is a difference between the state of being homosexual and committing a specific act.

Rabbi Michael Gold is my source, who's yours?

This is the LGBT lobby's thread trying to pull the conversation away from things like the Prince's Trust study Prince s Trust Survey The Voices of the Voteless Children in Gay Marriage Debate US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum that shows damage to children and instead (once again) *yawn* make it about "how gays are getting beat up"...

...so close to a SCOTUS hearing. What a coincidence...and also what total :bsflag:

And this you trying to steer traffic to your meaningless thread about The Prince's Trust that doesn't study or even mention gay parents. Desperation thy name is Silhouette.

Bravo Statist.

{

I stoned my adulterating wife and got off scott free using the Bible as a source of my defense...
Translation: Bitch smoked all your weed.

Actually the Torah prohibits homosexuality, a to'evha, punishable by death.

a to'evha means "abomination".

But you are wrong.

The Tanakh does not prohbit homosexuality.

It prohibits two very specific sexual acts that we describe as homosexual.

It does not prohibt thinking homosexual thoughts or having homosexual feelings.

Plus, to very different verbs are used as well. if you want more information, I will provide it, but otherwise, I won't overload the thread.

But just to put this in perspective: there are 613 mitzvoteem (commandments) in the Tanakh, and only two verses deal with anything "gay" at all.

Add to that the fact that Yeshuah (Jesus) was not quoted as having said a single word about anything "gay" is also very telling.

So everyone gets 613 mitzvoteems and homosexuals get two extra special ones? Oh and I am not wrong and "to'ehva" means an abhorrent thing,

You seemed to want to misunderstand that. Realizing that you are a conservative, I will go VERY SLOWLY.

There are 613 commandments in the Tanakh - they apply to all Jews, and by extension, of course, all Christians, since Yeshuah also said "I am not come to take away one whit of the law, but to add to it".

Of those 613 commandments, only two deal with homosexual acts.

End of story.

and to'evah means abomination, which you can also describe as abhorrent. They are practically synonyms. You do understand that, right?

Bravo Statist.

{

Translation: Bitch smoked all your weed.
Well it wasn't with rocks...

Forum List

Back