Do liberals live what they preach?

They moan endlessly on USMB about the plight of the poor or others they classify as being used by others.

The pissing & moaning is near round the clock. Do they get off their asses and work the food bank or soup kitchen or homeless shelter? Do the give to the above mentioned institutions? Or does their time and money only goto their political agenda? Or worse yet do they do nothing at all and just sit in front of their computers blaming everyone else all the while doing NOTHING to correct the perceived wrongs?

Personally I give to the food pantry with near every grocery purchase through a program with our local food store chain. A food store I'm sure is owned by a dastardly one percenter.

What an ignorant fucking post. How humble of you to blow your own horn about being so generous.

I donate to the pantry and to the church that gives to the needy. I do have a complaint. Many show up for free stuff in 30k SUVs, $500 Apple phones and designer clothing...
They are not needy.......only greedy...........

How would you know? I have actually needed and volunteered food pantry service in the past and my phone is 6 years old (yes it is an IPhone 3G, the first one). I haven't seen anyone driving in a nice car, mostly old minivans. Most wearing old clothes. No Gucci or Versace like you envision.

If you are complaining that poor people have cell phones, maybe you should remember that to get a job, you must have a phone to get a call for an interview. Since many go phone plans are cheaper than a monthly phone bill with smartphone options, they opt for those phones. Landlines are very expensive.

And yes I try to live to the ideal of fairness and equality everyday.

Have you ever heard of a liberal business owner who doesn't want to serve the LGBT community?

Ever heard of liberal business owners who argue that the Civil Rights Act is unconstitutional?

Who made the largest charitable donation in the history of the world? Warren Buffett, a liberal, when he decided to give 83% of his wealth away to the Gates Foundation. He had been worth $62 billion up to that point and was comfortably ranked as the #1 wealthiest American. He's no longer in the top spot anymore because a third of his wealth has been given away according to his plan on giving away pretty much everything to charitable organizations.

I don't see the Koch Brothers doing that anytime soon.

What bullshit
Liberals dont pay taxes , but say theyre not high enough
liberals want us to live in small house, they live in mansions
they want us to use no electricity yet they uee a ton in those mansions
they want us to use electric cars, yet they jet around and use hummer limos
they want us tomeat healthy, yet they can eat anything
they bitch about the poor, yet they suck at tipping
they bitch about helping others, nut most give squat to charity

i think you get the point

No, your post is bullshit. Liberals are the workers in America while Republicans are the takers.

What are the three biggest entitlements? Defense, Social Security, and Medicare. Who's in the military? Right-leaning folks.

Who's sucking back Medicare and SS? Old, white people. Who do old white people vote for? 60-40 Republican.

How much does the average worker pay in taxes? The average electrician, plumber, teacher, bus driver? Over 20%.

What does Mitt Romney pay? 13%.

Who gets all the gravy from the gravy train? Corporations do and people whose living is making money from their money.

All of our taxpayer money is going to that stuff, and it ALL benefits Republicans, the biggest takers in America.

Food Stamps don't even come close to what corporate farmers get, or what the oil and gas lobby gets.

The biggest load of bullshit that the Republicans like to sell us is that the poor are somehow responsible for the budget crisis, when lived reality tells us otherwise.

Biggest taker states? Red states. Biggest earning states who have to give to red states? Blue states.

Get a fucking clue before you open your pie hole.

They moan endlessly on USMB about the plight of the poor or others they classify as being used by others.

The pissing & moaning is near round the clock. Do they get off their asses and work the food bank or soup kitchen or homeless shelter? Do the give to the above mentioned institutions? Or does their time and money only goto their political agenda? Or worse yet do they do nothing at all and just sit in front of their computers blaming everyone else all the while doing NOTHING to correct the perceived wrongs?

Personally I give to the food pantry with near every grocery purchase through a program with our local food store chain. A food store I'm sure is owned by a dastardly one percenter.

What an ignorant fucking post. How humble of you to blow your own horn about being so generous.

Typical liberal. Finds shame in setting a positive example.

So in addition to paying your taxes that go to pay for food stamps, you give even more free handouts to the poor via a food bank contribution?

So to all the conservatives who say that giving handouts to the poor does them more harm than good,

you say, you people are full of shit!!!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Liberals teach.

- What happens when one person catches more fish than another? Sounds like Inequality.
- What happens when whites and Asians catch more fish than Blacks and Latinos? Affirmative Action on the fishes.
- What happens when the volume of fish contributes to climate change?
- Is there a Minimum Wage for grabbing a fishing rod and sitting on the dock or a boat?
- What do the Unions have to say about fishing?

What exactly are Liberals teaching?

Give a leftist a fish, they eat for a day.

Teach a leftist to fish, and they're back the next day demanding more free fish.....

Have you ever given a dime of your own money? Or do you just demand higher taxes on the Bourgeoisie and call it good?

Pot meet kettle.

You've spent how many business hours on here bitching about your business going down the tubes?

:rofl:

Shove it up your ass.

Pot meet kettle.

You've spent how many business hours on here bitching about your business going down the tubes?

:rofl:

Shove it up your ass.

Go fix me a sammich bitch. When you're done with that you may finish the laundry.

Have you ever heard of a liberal business owner who doesn't want to serve the LGBT community?

Ever heard of liberal business owners who argue that the Civil Rights Act is unconstitutional?

Who made the largest charitable donation in the history of the world? Warren Buffett, a liberal, when he decided to give 83% of his wealth away to the Gates Foundation. He had been worth $62 billion up to that point and was comfortably ranked as the #1 wealthiest American. He's no longer in the top spot anymore because a third of his wealth has been given away according to his plan on giving away pretty much everything to charitable organizations.

I don't see the Koch Brothers doing that anytime soon.

What bullshit
Liberals dont pay taxes , but say theyre not high enough
liberals want us to live in small house, they live in mansions
they want us to use no electricity yet they uee a ton in those mansions
they want us to use electric cars, yet they jet around and use hummer limos
they want us tomeat healthy, yet they can eat anything
they bitch about the poor, yet they suck at tipping
they bitch about helping others, nut most give squat to charity

i think you get the point

LOL The point I got from your post is that you made up a whole lot of nonsense and posted it as if it were fact. How about backing up all those claims with verifiable evidence?

Last edited:
Wow! Just what USMB needs ... another "RWs are evil/Lefties are loony" thread.
Is it possible that there are hypocrites and sincere peeps on both sides of the divide?
This isn't politics ... it's just another silly flamer. Big whup.

Last edited:
Did Buffet ever pay his tax bill? You know, the taxes he says we all need to pay but he was fighting because he thinks he doesn't need to pay that. And if he did pay the taxes then why would he donate so much to a private charity if he actually believes higher taxes are the solution to the problem? Why didn't he donate all of that money to the government?

So Buffet thinks higher taxes are the answer, taxes he won't pay and will fight in tax court against paying, yet donates all of his money not to government but private charities...because the solution is more government. Or more government for you but not him. He doesn't need government but you people sure do.

The federal government took in $2.8 trillion in taxes last year. Another few billion would have been a nice bump one year, but that's it.

Meanwhile, that money means the world to the charities he's donating it to.

Oh I see. So him coming out in favor of more taxes to support government programs didn't mean he actually wanted to pay for them but the charities he is donating to were superior to government programs he is pushing so it's all good in the end.

Maybe we should all have the same opportunity to donate to who we want to and not have our money confiscated by the government? Obviously according to Buffet private charities can do a much better job.

Those government programs didn't need his money, is my point. They will happen regardless.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime

Liberals teach.

Conservatives clear out the pantry and if anything is expired, they give it away.

Give a man a job, and he'll feed himself and his family forever. Give a man a handout, and he'll be back tomorrow.

Now which of the two are liberals notorious for?

(Oh, and go ahead and say 'jobs,' I need a good :lol:)

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime

Liberals teach.

Conservatives clear out the pantry and if anything is expired, they give it away.

Give a man a job, and he'll feed himself and his family forever. Give a man a handout, and he'll be back tomorrow.

Now which of the two are liberals notorious for?

(Oh, and go ahead and say 'jobs,' I need a good :lol:)

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his short life.

Seriously though, sometimes you need to do both.

I donate to the pantry and to the church that gives to the needy. I do have a complaint. Many show up for free stuff in 30k SUVs, $500 Apple phones and designer clothing...
They are not needy.......only greedy...........

How would you know? I have actually needed and volunteered food pantry service in the past and my phone is 6 years old (yes it is an IPhone 3G, the first one). I haven't seen anyone driving in a nice car, mostly old minivans. Most wearing old clothes. No Gucci or Versace like you envision.

If you are complaining that poor people have cell phones, maybe you should remember that to get a job, you must have a phone to get a call for an interview. Since many go phone plans are cheaper than a monthly phone bill with smartphone options, they opt for those phones. Landlines are very expensive.

And yes I try to live to the ideal of fairness and equality everyday.

My landline cost me 14 dollars month, I have flip phone that is 6 years old and I only use a 30 dollar refill card..

An Apple phone should not be purchased if you are looking for freebies.

One brand of "druggie" phone costs about $35 to buy and offers cheap "refill cards" and monthly plans that give 200 minutes over 30 days (with minutes rollover) for between $10/$15 per month. I have one with over 6,000 accumulated minutes just now. Those minutes are good all over The U.S. and international calls can be made (though it's a little tricky to do) for about 3X the minute deduction rate.

One in my family, one of kinder disposition than I, volunteers one day a week at a local food bank.

This gentle person (softie, I opine) observes that the volunteer workers are almost exclusively conservative whilst the customers are all liberals.

Of course just an observation in one small community but might there be others amongst us who have direct knowledge of the ratio in their area?

Well, I've worked in a food bank, and my obseration was just the opposite: all of the volunteer workers were people who appeared to be liberals/progressives. Didn't meet any one who volunteered at the food bank who appeared to be politically or socially conservative, based on interacting with them and talking to them.

Giving people handouts is only last restort helping; it's like giving money to beggers. Programs that help unemployed people to get jobs, train them for jobs, apprenticeship programs, on the job training programs, or provide funds or loans for school are what really help people. Teaching them to fish. Those are also the kind of programs the right wants to get rid of first.

How would you know if the patrons of the food bank were liberal or conservative? You are just making an assumption unless you interacted with them regularly, talking with them and sharing information about each other.

Last edited:
Well, I've worked in a food bank, and my obseration was just the opposite: all of the volunteer workers were people who appeared to be liberals/progressives. Didn't meet any one who volunteered at the food bank who appeared to be politically or socially conservative, based on interacting with them and talking to them.

The experiences are not mutually exclusive, having come about in different communities. In the case I cited a small semi-rural community where people in need had become so relatively recently and had not become accustomed to living off government programs and the good will of others. I have no big city experience so would only be guessing at what might prevail in your area.

Was yours a volunteer or paid position at the food bank? People (clients) sometimes confide in volunteers but are careful to say only what paid staff want to hear.

Giving people handouts is only last restort helping; it's like giving money to beggers. Programs that help unemployed people to get jobs, train them for jobs, apprenticeship programs, or provide funds for school are what really help people. Teaching them to fish. Those are also the kind of programs the right wants to get rid of first.

Strange. What I've seen regionally is liberal school boards shutting down vocational programs and moving toward one-size-fits-all "college bound" instruction even for those who plainly have no inclination toward that; no demonstrated academic ability and, for many, no desire to work at any task, especially NOT at a job. All to the exclusion of programs with practical instruction geared toward any of the available jobs in the few remaining industries in the area.

As to teaching them to fish (or master any skill).....why do that when the libs are doing their best to shut down all use of natural resources? No fishing, no hunting, no mining, no manufacturing but lots of handouts.

How would you know if the patrons of the food bank were liberal or conservative? You are just making an assumption unless you interacted with them regularly, talking with them and sharing information about each other.

In the particular case the assessment of who were conservative came easily from, as you said, regular interaction and sharing of information at a personal level. Truly, though, the assessment of who might be liberal came through their uncommunicative mad dashes through the available foodstuffs and their cramming them into the shiny new SUVs before speeding away. It's hard to talk with people when they're doing their best to avoid interaction. Maybe just late for their Global Warming protest meetings? Assumption? Yes, though the bumper strips and political slogan festooned garb offers some hints.

But glad to hear of others helping with food banks...especially IF doing so for other than personal profit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back