Do Masks Work?

Tell me how many vaccinated are being hospitalized and dying, especially compared to unvaccinated
why does that matter? why are people with vaccines being hospitalized? you can't cause you know the vaccine is shit. shit, shit, shit.

Yes they are effective if used properly. They are not 100%. But if you're going into the food store to pick up some items yes a mask will help prevent transmission. However, if you're hanging out indoors for an extended period of time in one spot with no circulation and in a crowd no it won't be very helpful.

An example of it not working is the douchebag I witnessed take his mask off indoors because he didn't want to sneeze into his mask. Sneezing and coughing is exactly what the mask is for. It's so you don't project your germs across the room.

Another example of it not working is these douchebag school board members that want kids to mask all day but will allow them to take it off in a packed cafeteria to eat. Not to mention wearing a mask 6 hours a day in a room full of 30 kids is pretty ineffective anyway.

It really comes down to common sense. The mask will help if I'm walking through a store to shop. But it helps if someone else isn't coughing and sneezing at me without a mask or without covering up (that's just common courtesy anyway). The mask will be useless for kids in school all day, not to mention detrimental. They really needed to extend the hybrid option.

So yes, I mask when picking up carry out or grocery shopping. I do not mask outdoors. If I do eat out I request outdoor seating. I do think making people mask on a 5 hour plane flight is ridiculous because at that point your already exposed with or without the mask. Just common sense really.
why does the fda post they don't stop viruses? you should read my links I posted in here.

Working well in Alabama, Texas, and Florida.
And New York. :beer:

1629762469084.png

Florida infections...over 20,000 per day. Deaths over 100

NY...just over 4,000. Deaths in the low teens. Similar populations

You really wanna go there?

Long story short, the answer is no.

"In sum, of the 14 RCTs that have tested the effectiveness of masks in preventing the transmission of respiratory viruses, three suggest, but do not provide any statistically significant evidence in intention-to-treat analysis, that masks might be useful. The other eleven suggest that masks are either useless—whether compared with no masks or because they appear not to add to good hand hygiene alone—or actually counterproductive. Of the three studies that provided statistically significant evidence in intention-to-treat analysis that was not contradicted within the same study, one found that the combination of surgical masks and hand hygiene was less effective than hand hygiene alone, one found that the combination of surgical masks and hand hygiene was less effective than nothing, and one found that cloth masks were less effective than surgical masks."

For all the godbotherers who suggest they don't need protection because God will protect them, I remind them of Pascalls wager, why take the chance.

No Duke it's you who is not paying attention if you think you can lump NY with whats now going on in Florida.

Completely clueless.
LOL

Have you been to Florida or are you just spewing what your masters tell you? I have family members who live there. Have also been to Florida recently, didn't see anything different than what's going on in the rest of the country.

But you go right ahead with your lies.

I provided a link you commie freak. Run along, you're a waste of oxygen.

Here's an excerpt from your own link :laugh: Funny how it completely contradicts your conspiracy theory claim that hospitals are making out like bandits by claiming flu cases as covid so they make extra money from the government.

The higher Medicare rate stirred controversy in April after Republican Sen. Scott Jensen, a Minnesota doctor, speculated on Fox News that the additional money might inspire hospital administrators to make it look like routine pneumonia cases were COVID-19 cases.

Months later, though, the higher payouts don’t appear to have been a windfall for hospitals.

The Ohio Hospital Association estimates its 240 members have lost about $3 billion since early March because of pandemic-related limits on nonessential surgeries and procedures, which can be as much as 40% of a hospital’s revenue.

The financial strain is exacerbated by the higher cost of caring for COVID patients, which is why Congress approved the higher Medicare rate as part of the $2 trillion CARES Act.

This is what being a nutter conspiracy theorist gets you. It makes you dumber.

Forum List

Back