Do Masks Work?

True, but no one uses them properly.
For example, once masks have been worn over a half hour, they start to dry out and release any virus they might have filtered out as a saliva droplet.
I also have never seen anyone sneeze into a mask, and they all pull it down.

Oh tell me about. I’ve witnessed several people defeat the purpose of the mask by removing it just before they sneeze. Your right about the amount of time also which is why making kids mask 6 hours in school is just ridiculous. They can take it off at lunch anyway. It’s just common sense that seems to have eluded most people in a position of power.

So in regards to the OP the masks do work if used properly in the right setting, but as you pointed out masks are not used properly.

Oh tell me about. I’ve witnessed several people defeat the purpose of the mask by removing it just before they sneeze. Your right about the amount of time also which is why making kids mask 6 hours in school is just ridiculous. They can take it off at lunch anyway. It’s just common sense that seems to have eluded most people in a position of power.

So in regards to the OP the masks do work if used properly in the right setting, but as you pointed out masks are not used properly.
Because some people don't use masks properly doesn't mean they shouldn't be used.

That's like saying there should be no seatbelt laws because you saw someone wearing his improperly

The purpose of a mask in surgery is to prevent infection from the surgeon opening up someone's body. Otherwise for all intents and purposes they do absolutely nothing but filter out a little dust. Masks are useless against a virus.
They are for protection against bacteria in surgery; bacteria are a thousand times larger than viruses. When masks were started up in hospitals, viruses had not been discovered; too small to see even in microscopes.

How many of the unvaccinated are wearing masks?

The smallest death toll with such a non-lethal epidemic, is if all those most likely to survive, simply deliberately get infected in order to acquire immunity, in order to protect the vulnerable.
The ONLY time masks are ever a good idea is if the epidemic is so lethal that full quarantine should be used instead.

The smallest death toll with such a non-lethal epidemic, is if all those most likely to survive, simply deliberately get infected in order to acquire immunity, in order to protect the vulnerable.
The ONLY time masks are ever a good idea is if the epidemic is so lethal that full quarantine should be used instead.
Smallpox? But that was a virus too, and masks definitely don't work against smallpox. They made it extinct with vaccination and quarantines, right. The lethality was way too high to try for population immunity with that one, or plague, or Ebola ---- within the lifetimes of many of us we did use population immunity for most of the so-called "childhood" (endemic) viral diseases. Had to: no alternative.

So what. Are you unvaccinated as well?
why would I do that when my immune system has protected me for seventeen months? That seems ridiculous. And the effectivity percentage of a vaccine has dropped to 60% effective. wow. Look at all you sucka's

Proof that masks work. Thanks.
the patients don't have viruses when they have surgery. you're still confused at bacteria vs virus. you should be ashamed of yourself.

And you call yourself educated. ha

Proof that masks work. Thanks.

No, the concern from surgical infection is bacteria, not viral.
You could spray covid all over an open operation incision, and the patient would not get covid.
Covid can not survive in blood.
The ph of 7.4 is too high, and kills covid on contact.

Masks only work until the saliva starts to evaporate, after about 20 minutes.

No, the concern from surgical infection is bacteria, not viral.
You could spray covid all over an open operation incision, and the patient would not get covid.
Covid can not survive in blood.
The ph of 7.4 is too high, and kills covid on contact.

Masks only work until the saliva starts to evaporate, after about 20 minutes.
and people touch them and plant the virus all over the place, it is the worst spreader of the virus. That's why counts didn't stop increasing after mandating them. To fail over and over like governors continue to do is insanity.

It is still mostly the unvaccinated in hospitals.

And such a small % is in the hospital that it really does not reflect on our reality.
If I got covid, the last thing I would do is go to a hospital.
It is almost like a death sentence, since hospitals are treating it like pneumonia, and it isn't at all like pneumonia.

Forum List

Back