Do Masks Work?

Surgical and cloth masks are like trying to use a tennis net as a coffee filter.

N95 and KN95 in conjunction with hand hygiene does the job... anything else is nothing but pissin' in the wind.
That's what pisses me off about the left. They have this delusion that a mask is a mask is a mask. Millions are out there with the wrong masks, not using them correctly, etc and yet it is all of those anti-maskers who are spreading the virus.

Wow.
The RWI stance to deny science.

Stay unmasked and risk it.
The Risk is NOT WORTH it you claim.

But Freedom........lol.
You wrongly imply that masks work. That's the trouble with your side. Yes, if there is a lot of virus being spread in your area then it is somewhat safer to use a mask than not wearing a mask. But, you are fooling yourself if you think you are protected because you are wearing a mask. And, the fact that you and many others believe you are safe just because you have a mask on, actually spreads the virus more than staying home. During all mask mandates, cases continued to climb.

"
Former President Biden COVID-19 adviser and top epidemiologist Michael Osterholm admitted that typical paper masks are ineffective and suggested that Americans may need to switch to heavier duty N-95 masks to battle the new wave of cases in an interview on CNN Monday.

"We know today that many of the face cloth coverings that people wear are not very effective in reducing any of the virus movement in or out," Osterholm, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, said.

"We need to talk about better masking," he continued. "We need to talk about N-95 respirators, which would do a lot for both people who are not yet vaccinated or not previously infected."

That's what I hate about the left. They imply that a mask is a mask is a mask. As long as you have a mask on, any old mask, the virus is being spread by the anti-maskers, not by you.

It has been proven that good masks DO work. Otherwise, most hospital and medical workers would be sick or dead.

Except for the fact that over 200 healthcare workers in two SF area hospitals tested positive.

I haven't seen anyone in public that has proper PPE and even what they have usually isn't worn properly.

Exactly. The left believe that a mask is a mask is a mask. As long as you are wearing one then it's not you spreading the virus it's those anti-maskers.

Wrong.
In infectious wards they do not just rely on cheap paper masks.
Cheap masks can no longer work after 20 minutes or so and the salavia droplets evaporate and no longer stick the virus together.
Hospitals use better masks than we can get, and they change them far more often.

I'll tell the folks at the hospital where I work about your post....I'm sure we'll all have a good laugh about it. I know I have.

What masks do you imagine we have that you can't get?

Yeah, I think it's a lot of things. But after experiencing over 600k deaths in this country alone, knowing how our healthcare system gets stressed during peaks, the numerous studies that show masks and vaccines work, the potential for newer, deadlier variants, videos of people now wishing they got the vaccine, the nurse and doctor stories of watching people die, especially the ones who either realized they made a mistake or in the very end were dumb as dogshit insisting they didn't have COVID. After all of this you just have to realize some people are incapable of learning.

At this point, let them watch either get sick and some will die. Hard lessons, but seriously, fuck 'em, I'm so tired of this.
It depends on how you define "work".

Masks work better than no masks.

Masked people spread the virus because most of their masks are useless but they have a false sense of security because they have masks and the left have brainwashed them into believing masks work, even though they are spreading the virus while out with their masks when they should be home instead.

Vaccines worked against the earlier variants. Studies have shown that the vaccines are only about 50% effective at stopping Delta, Pfizer is at 42%. Now vaccines do seem to work quite well at greatly reducing hospitalizations and deaths, but they are not stopping the spread of Delta.

Yeah, I think it's a lot of things. But after experiencing over 600k deaths in this country alone, knowing how our healthcare system gets stressed during peaks, the numerous studies that show masks and vaccines work, the potential for newer, deadlier variants, videos of people now wishing they got the vaccine, the nurse and doctor stories of watching people die, especially the ones who either realized they made a mistake or in the very end were dumb as dogshit insisting they didn't have COVID. After all of this you just have to realize some people are incapable of learning.

At this point, let them watch either get sick and some will die. Hard lessons, but seriously, fuck 'em, I'm so tired of this.
You have zero idea how stressful anyone is

Long story short, the answer is no.

"In sum, of the 14 RCTs that have tested the effectiveness of masks in preventing the transmission of respiratory viruses, three suggest, but do not provide any statistically significant evidence in intention-to-treat analysis, that masks might be useful. The other eleven suggest that masks are either useless—whether compared with no masks or because they appear not to add to good hand hygiene alone—or actually counterproductive. Of the three studies that provided statistically significant evidence in intention-to-treat analysis that was not contradicted within the same study, one found that the combination of surgical masks and hand hygiene was less effective than hand hygiene alone, one found that the combination of surgical masks and hand hygiene was less effective than nothing, and one found that cloth masks were less effective than surgical masks."

Question: Can a mask hold in a fart?

Exactly....so why would anyone assume a mask can hold back a virus nanometers in size? Jesus Dims are really stupid. :(

It depends on how you define "work".

Masks work better than no masks.

Masked people spread the virus because most of their masks are useless but they have a false sense of security because they have masks and the left have brainwashed them into believing masks work, even though they are spreading the virus while out with their masks when they should be home instead.

Vaccines worked against the earlier variants. Studies have shown that the vaccines are only about 50% effective at stopping Delta, Pfizer is at 42%. Now vaccines do seem to work quite well at greatly reducing hospitalizations and deaths, but they are not stopping the spread of Delta.
Literally, multiple legit studies show masks work.

Also, vaccines are still working too.

Show me a study that shows vaccines are only 50% effective against serious illness and death due to later variants.

Sure you did! What’s in a hospital?

you fkers really have no brain

So, stressing a healthcare system like stretching it's resources beyond what it can adequately do to service the community has nothing to do with personal stress. Retard.

Doctors need patients
Ever since government got involved in healthcare?

Not just doctors. . . but the government, Wall-street, the entire economy, tax expenditures, etc.

"17.7 percent

U.S. health care spending grew 4.6 percent in 2019, reaching $3.8 trillion or $11,582 per person. As a share of the nation's Gross Domestic Product, health spending accounted for 17.7 percent."

. . . and only projected to grow, especially if the "VAX" has long term side affects that need to be addressed and treated. :heehee:

So, stressing a healthcare system like stretching it's resources beyond what it can adequately do to service the community has nothing to do with personal stress. Retard.
What’s a resource?

Forum List

Back