Zone1 Do most Jews believe they killed Jesus?

Of course they worship the same God. Allah is just god in Arabic like Gott is God in German.
No they don't.

The Jews do not see Jesus as the messiah, the son of the god they worship or as a prophet of the god they worship.

The god Christians worship is the god that walked the earth incarnate as Jesus the Messiah and is a triune god

These gods are not and cannot be the same god

That which has no value at all is the premise of this thread which reflects the FILTH of the roman-christian ethos----to wit
How do you really feel, rosie?

It is a great truth that people treat people as they see them. If you perceive someone as good you will bend over backwards making excuses for them. If you see them as evil nothing they do will ever be good enough.

Does this sound like you?

Have you thought about the purpose of the Law? Perhaps irosie, Lisa, or Indeependent can expand on it, but my understanding is that it is to keep continually focused on God and to remember our duty to Him.

What is that duty?

That duty is to learn the codified will of God and do it. It all boils down to not doing stupid things.

The purpose of the law is to instruct people how to maintain the sanctity of the mind so that it is prepared to rise to the realm where they see and interact with God, not as a one way imaginary belief, but as a reciprocal encounter with an actual living being.

Remember? "Blessed are the pure of mind for they shall see God."

Last edited:
Someone noted that we could relate to David because he was not perfect. I still have a problem with that. There is not being perfect, and then there is committing adultery and having someone killed. I can very much relate to not being perfect, but I have a hard time relating to adultery and having someone killed because I wanted something that was theirs.

I don't think Hezekiah was perfect, but I can relate to his imperfections better than I can relate to David's.
I can relate to that.
I felt the same way 30 years ago.

No they don't.

The Jews do not see Jesus as the messiah, the son of the god they worship or as a prophet of the god they worship.

The god Christians worship is the god that walked the earth incarnate as Jesus the Messiah and is a triune god

These gods are not and cannot be the same god

The Jews expect a human Messiah.. an
anointed warrior king like David who will vanquish their enemies.

They do believe in God the creator... the God of Abraham. Like the Muslims.

Agree. Technically, the thread is in violation of Zone 1 and could have been closed from the start. The question in the headline is a not-so-subtle form of saying “Christ killers!”

And for some reason, Christians can‘t seem to understand that Jesus is a complete non-entity to us. I’ve been going to services and taking classes at the synagogue since I was 5 years old, and never ONCE was he mentioned. The only reason Jews even think of Jesus, to the extent they do - which is almost never - is because of the harm to Jews that Christians did over the millennia, as a result of their belief he was a deity of some sort and the start of a new religion.
Well... if you really believed that then you should have reported it.

Your preoccupation with the Christian religion seems to belie your point that Jesus is a complete non-entity to Jews.

Explaining something incorrectly doesn’t count in reality.
It's probably one of the most important points in Genesis. I'm sorry you don't believe man's failure to be accountable by rationalizing he did right when he did wrong is important.

The Jews expect a human Messiah.. an
anointed warrior king like David who will vanquish their enemies.

They do believe in God the creator... the God of Abraham. Like the Muslims.

Except the creator Jews worship is not the same creator Christians worship for the reasons I have already given.

Just because different religions say the worship one god in no way means that they all worship the same god.

Well... if you really believed that then you should have reported it.

Your preoccupation with the Christian religion seems to belie your point that Jesus is a complete non-entity to Jews.
I’m hardly preoccupied with it. I came onto this thread to defend Jews from the antisemites still trying to blame “us” for Jesus’ death. And then of course, I object strenuously to the Evangelicals who tell Jews they are going to hell.

Other than that, I don’t pay it no mind. But you sure seem angry about something. Is it that Jews here have reported the awful things said and done to them by Catholic School kids? I’m all for exposing antisemitism.

I can relate to that.
I felt the same way 30 years ago.
I can't keep straight all the characters in the Hebrew Bible. I do recall that the lesson in one of them was that while no one should deliberately sin, sin can be the doorway to the good in the opposite of that sin.

I’m hardly preoccupied with it. I came onto this thread to defend Jews from the antisemites still trying to blame “us” for Jesus’ death. And then of course, I object strenuously to the Evangelicals who tell Jews they are going to hell.

Other than that, I don’t pay it no mind. But you sure seem angry about something. Is it that Jews here have reported the awful things said and done to them by Catholic School kids? I’m all for exposing antisemitism.
I've read enough of your posts (and others) to know how you/them feel about my faith and me. I have no problem with Rosie telling her story. I do have a problem when she punishes others - who had nothing to do with it - for it. Empathy can only go so far.

There is nothing in the bible except the religious dogma that cannot be found other places.

I'm sure that everyone has heard about the temptation of Christ. "He was tempted by the Devil in the wilderness, living among the wild beasts." Most people close their eyes and imagine Jesus as a lonely visionary living in the desert, hearing voices, among scorpions vermin serpents and jackals.

The truth is 'the wilderness' is code for any place beyond the jurisdiction of Jewish law. The wild beasts represent the Romans. The truth of the story that cannot be found anywhere else, except by ruminating, deep rational thinking, is that Jesus was running around with the romans presumably doing what romans did. He wasn't a monk, he was a partier, "a glutton and a drunk."

This one revelation changes everything. The Bible is teeming with such hidden treasures.

Last edited:
Pure of mind in this case means objective.
No. Pure of mind means just that. Not filled with vile and loathsome flesh, teaching, that defiles and contaminates the mind such as "God is edible" simply because "we believe".

Exactly. Because no passage in the NT relates such sentiment.
I think it is viewed more as merely the rise of a new religion which, unfortunately, was very antagonistic to Jews.
What you think is irrelevant. The NT divides the Jews of the era: some are sheep; some are goats. Jews are the people Jesus came to minister to.
Jesus was almost completely unknown in his lifetime
Not much of a threat to the Roman Empire, then, was he..
This is not religious but political. I don't believe there were any legions in Palestine.
The 10th Legion was deployed in Judea.

I've read enough of your posts (and others) to know how you/them feel about my faith and me. I have no problem with Rosie telling her story. I do have a problem when she punishes others - who had nothing to do with it - for it. Empathy can only go so far.
My only objection to your faith is when Christians are rude and insistent to Jews by telling them how wrong they are, and of course the nasty Christian kids who were so antisemitic.

Otherwise, why would I care what you believe about Jesus? As long as you don’t berate others who believe differently, believe what you want.

No. Pure of mind means just that. Not filled with vile and loathsome flesh, teaching, that defiles and contaminates the mind such as "God is edible" simply because "we believe".
Incorrect. It's a journey that can only be successfully achieved through objectivity. And to be objective one must die to self. That's what Christ taught.

Forum List

Back