Do Palestinians Have the Right to Defend Themselves?

Actually, Israel has not yet agreed to borders.

Umm, yes they have, with Egypt and Jordan
Where did Israel get the authority to claim borders on Palestinian land?

Link?

It's Israeli land you moron. Again, Tinmore land rules do not apply to real life.

Would you like to compare our evidence ?
Sure, go ahead.

Show me where Israel legally acquired that land.

The Israel-Jordan Treaty of Peace was signed on October 26, 1994. The treaty resolved territorial and border issues that were ongoing since the 1948 war. The treaty specified and fully recognized the international border between Israel and Jordan (it doesn't get c
Yes, but not with Syria, Lebanon or the Occupied Territories.

That's because they never signed peace treaties with Lebanon, Syria or the Palestinians.
So if those are not Israel's borders, whose are they?

I can't believe I have to explain these things to you:

The border with Israel and Lebanon is called the Blue line

The border between Israel and Syria is called the Purple Line

The Israel-Jordan Treaty of Peace was signed on October 26, 1994. The treaty resolved territorial and border issues that were ongoing since the 1948 war. The treaty specified and fully recognized the international border between Israel and Jordan (it doesn't get c

That's because they never signed peace treaties with Lebanon, Syria or the Palestinians.

I know that. Why is that?

BTW, nice duck.

Link?

It's Israeli land you moron. Again, Tinmore land rules do not apply to real life.

Sure, go ahead.

Acquiring land has nothing to do with anything, that is part of the Tinmore Laws. You're deflecting.

So, lets compare evidence:

The Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty, signed on March 26, 1979 created an officially recognized international border along the 1906 line, with Egypt renouncing all claims to the Gaza Strip

The Israel-Jordan Treaty of Peace was signed on October 26, 1994. The treaty resolved territorial and border issues that were ongoing since the 1948 war. The treaty specified and fully recognized the international border between Israel and Jordan

It doesn't get clearer than that !

Peace Treaty between Israel and Egypt - Non-UN document 26 March 1979

Article II

The permanent boundary between Egypt and Israel in the recognized international boundary between Egypt and the former mandated territory of Palestine, as shown on the map at Annex II

A 50 73-S 1995 83 of 27 January 1995

The international boundary between Israel and Jordan is delimited with reference to the boundary definition under the Mandate as is shown in Annex I(a), on the mapping materials attached thereto and co-ordinates specified therein.

rcn59i.png

Your turn

I know that. Why is that?

BTW, nice duck.

How is it a duck ? I answered your question directly ... What the hell is the matter with you?

I like Rocco, to me he's polite but spreads his agenda, but logic is logic. How can it be right to give a land occupied for a Millennia to displaced people, especially by military and political force after the very UN political farce that became the lackey of the WWll powers? None of the indigenous people voted for this travesty of Justice!
RoccoR is polite, but his arguments are all smoke and mirrors. He's the Goebbels's of Israel.

According to the same documents the term Palestine and Palestinian are mythical made up crapola:

Appraisal of the Arab case

A 364 of 3 September 1947

163. The Arabs of Palestine consider themselves as having a "natural" right to that country, although they have not been in possession of it as a sovereign nation.

166. Palestinian nationalism, as distinct from Arab nationalism, is itself a relatively new phenomenon, which appeared only after the division of the "Arab rectangle" by the settlement of the First World War.

175. The Peel Commission, in referring to the matter, had noted in its report that "there was a time when Arab statesmen were willing to consider giving Palestine to the Jews, provided that the rest of Arab Asia was free. That condition was not fulfilled then, but it is on the eve of fulfilment now".

I like Rocco, to me he's polite but spreads his agenda, but logic is logic. How can it be right to give a land occupied for a Millennia to displaced people, especially by military and political force after the very UN political farce that became the lackey of the WWll powers? None of the indigenous people voted for this travesty of Justice!
RoccoR is polite, but his arguments are all smoke and mirrors. He's the Goebbels's of Israel.

Haha ya right. You're just saying that because Rocco doesn't kiss Palestinian ass like you. He certainly knows more than you on the subject.

Link?

Sure, go ahead.

Acquiring land has nothing to do with anything, that is part of the Tinmore Laws. You're deflecting.

The Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty, signed on March 26, 1979 created an officially recognized international border along the 1906 line, with Egypt renouncing all claims to the Gaza Strip

The Israel-Jordan Treaty of Peace was signed on October 26, 1994. The treaty resolved territorial and border issues that were ongoing since the 1948 war. The treaty specified and fully recognized the international border between Israel and Jordan

Article II

The permanent boundary between Egypt and Israel in the recognized international boundary between Egypt and the former mandated territory of Palestine, as shown on the map at Annex II

The international boundary between Israel and Jordan is delimited with reference to the boundary definition under the Mandate as is shown in Annex I(a), on the mapping materials attached thereto and co-ordinates specified therein.

rcn59i.png

Your turn
Sure, that wasn't the question.

BTW:
Emphasizing
the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by war and the need to work for a just and lasting peace in which every State in the area can live in security,...

S RES 242 1967 of 22 November 1967

The acquisition of territory must be of some concern.

Link?

Sure, go ahead.

Article II

rcn59i.png

Your turn

BTW:
Emphasizing
the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by war and the need to work for a just and lasting peace in which every State in the area can live in security,...

Your point ?

Link?

Sure, go ahead.

Article II

rcn59i.png

Your turn

BTW:
Emphasizing

Your point ?
What part of "that wasn't the question" confuses you?

Sure, go ahead.

Article II

rcn59i.png

Your turn

BTW:
Emphasizing

Your point ?

I said "Let's compare evidence"

You say Israel has no borders. I say they do. I provided my evidence. Where's yours?

Sure, go ahead.

Article II

rcn59i.png

Your turn

BTW:
Emphasizing

Your point ?

You say Israel has no borders. I say they do. I provided my evidence. Where's yours?
I have said that Israel has no borders, but not this time.

Article II

rcn59i.png

Your turn

BTW:
Emphasizing

Your point ?

Post #337

BTW:
Emphasizing

Your point ?

Post #337
The question was in my post 343.

pbel, et al,

Yes, let's do --- "break it down to a simple logic of Human understanding..."

How can it be right to give a land occupied for a Millennia to displaced people, especially by military and political force after the very UN political farce that became the lackey of the WWll powers? None of the indigenous people voted for this travesty of Justice!
(COMMENT)

Right and Wrong have very little to do with real life...

This reality is hard to accept. But life is not fair --- either at the individual level or the macro-Level for the aspiration of an entire people. We want to believe that if we are good, we will be rewarded. The Arab Palestinians did not want the outcome of the 1948 War to be more favorable to the Israelis; after all it was four stablizied Arab countries with support from other, against one newly formed country --- smaller than any if it individual opponents. Yet the Israelis come out of its War of Indepedence with control of 25% more territory. The Arab Palestinians want to maintain the illusion that life is much simpler than it is --- and that if they maintain a century of protest they just might establish more control than they actually have.

The Arab Palestinian needs to assess the reality:

"Give us the grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed, grant the Courage
to change the things which should be changed,
And the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other."​

("The Serenity Prayer" by Elisabeth Sifton)

The reality is that in the world of current events, this protest has just about run its course.

You ask: How can it be right to give a land occupied for a Millennia to displaced people.
Answer: It has happened before --- it is happening now --- and will happen again.

In the Roman Empire, Displaced Persons and Refugees emerged as a significant issue in the third and fourth centuries AD – especially in the western (European) provinces. The best known of these are the Goths. The Chinese Diaspora (mass emigration) that started in the 19th century; along with the displacement of Native Americans. There was the deported and elimination of millions of Jews and many millions of others were likewise enslaved or murdered, including Ukrainians, Russians and other Slavs. The 1947 Partition resulted in the migration of millions of people between India and Pakistan. Millions were killed in the sectarian violence of the period, with estimates of fatalities up to 2 million people. Iraqis and ISIS are examples of sectarian violence that displaced large numbers. The Afghan diaspora resulted from the 1979 invasion by the former Soviet Union; a war that displaced nearly 6 million people. And then their was the many thousands of people that fled from the Rwandan Genocide in 1994 into neighboring countries.

Other Examples include:
  • There was the incorporation of Tibet into China --- 1951.
  • The forced annexation of Western New Guinea by Indonesia in 1969.
  • In 1979, and after a military putsch, Mauritania withdrew from the territory which left it controlled by Morocco. A UN peace process was initiated in 1991, but stalled.
  • March 2014, Russia annexed most of the Crimean Peninsula, at that time part of Ukraine.
Throughout history there have been many - many displacements. I realize that my opening a discussion on the concepts of such things as Development-induced displacement and resettlement (DIDR), colonialism, and colonization --- was probably a little too much to discuss with those that endlessly plead foul play, victimization, misfeasance/malfeasance and nonfeasance --- not to mention the ethics and justice of the decisions of old. But honestly, I don't think that in the world-reality of Islamic Fundamentalism --- that the International Community is going to displace or overrun a stable nation and replace it with a Regime spawned by Islamic Resistance Movement, Jihadist and Fedayeen. No one once another Regional failure like Syria, of a country intimidated by Hezbollah terrorists, or trade Israel for another failed state like Yemen, Iraq, or Pakistan with monstrous debt, poverty, and rampant Islamic extremism. Nor does anyone want to see another example like the SUDAN: Home to the brutal genocide in Darfur, Sudan got the worst possible scores for refugees, group grievances, factionalized elites, and external intervention.

Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back