Do Republicans Think Corporations should pay no taxes?

Should corporations pay taxes?

• Yes

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters
If not, what tax on every dollar in profits is fair? And what do they pay now?

My belief is Republicans don't think corporations should pay any taxes. That's what their arguments suggest.

RepubliKans don't think, they emote.
I'm glad there aren't any of those around, they sound scary.

I found something interesting

Studies: Democratic politicians represent middle-class voters. GOP politicians don’t.

The opinions of rich people affect public policy, but the views of average, middle-class Americans don’t. This research suggests that not all politicians ignore the views of the poor and middle class. Democratic elected officials are much likelier to share the policy opinions of the poor or middle class on economic policy, while Republican officials are likelier to diverge from middle-class public opinion in favor of representing the views of the wealthy.

Democratic representatives matched the views of their middle class constituents more than those of their rich constituents. The opposite was true for Republicans.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/4/2/16226202/oligarchy-political-science-politician-congress-respond-citizens-public-opinion

My belief is Republicans don't think corporations should pay any taxes. That's what their arguments suggest.

Studies: Democratic politicians represent middle-class voters. GOP politicians don’t.

The opinions of rich people affect public policy, but the views of average, middle-class Americans don’t. This research suggests that not all politicians ignore the views of the poor and middle class. Democratic elected officials are much likelier to share the policy opinions of the poor or middle class on economic policy, while Republican officials are likelier to diverge from middle-class public opinion in favor of representing the views of the wealthy.

Democratic representatives matched the views of their middle class constituents more than those of their rich constituents. The opposite was true for Republicans.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/4/2/16226202/oligarchy-political-science-politician-congress-respond-citizens-public-opinion

How does that relate to what I was saying?

Agreeing with one class of constituents over another doesn't really inform on whether those views support better outcomes for the nation or not.

How does that relate to what I was saying?

Agreeing with one class of constituents over another doesn't really inform on whether those views support better outcomes for the nation or not.

See it all boils down to this. You mother fuckers let corporations leave the country and import there shit back here without tariffing them. You did this to break the unions.

So who's way works best for all? Actually, our way does. Just look at 1999 for example before the Bush great recession. Yall acting like corporations couldn't afford to pay those high union wages but that's just a lie

Checks for 1998 to average $6,100, 39% more than last year's

Ford (F) has been paying profit sharing under terms of a 1982 contract agreement with the United Auto Workers. There have been 13 payments since the first one in 1984 to reflect 1983 results. Payments were skipped in the lean years from 1990 to 1992.

Or as we like to call them the HW Bush years.

Then why do I have to pay $12 bucks for a pack of smokes in Chicago? Why do snickers bars cost more? Why do city clerks make over 100 grand a year? Why is it cheaper to live in the south? Why is there more manufacturing jobs in red states and they pay the same in industrial maintenance?

Then why do I have to pay $12 bucks for a pack of smokes in Chicago? Why do snickers bars cost more? Why do city clerks make over 100 grand a year? Why is it cheaper to live in the south? Why is there more manufacturing jobs in red states and they pay the same in industrial maintenance?

Not everything you said is true. For example most of the people who work in toyota plant in your town are not actual toyota employees. They are temps. They are not high paying union jobs with benefits and job security.

But god damn people in rural communities are happy. That's proof money doesn't make you happy. I think it has to do with the with the open spaces. Whenever I go up north I wish I could quit my job and move out where the air is clean and people own acres not lots but there are no jobs in those town. The kids in those towns move to our cities. They are probably why we are unhappy. LOL.

Not everything you said is true. For example most of the people who work in toyota plant in your town are not actual toyota employees. They are temps. They are not high paying union jobs with benefits and job security.

But god damn people in rural communities are happy. That's proof money doesn't make you happy. I think it has to do with the with the open spaces. Whenever I go up north I wish I could quit my job and move out where the air is clean and people own acres not lots but there are no jobs in those town. The kids in those towns move to our cities. They are probably why we are unhappy. LOL.

They are temp to hire, I worked at BMW during a Christmas shut down a few years back, a 90 day contract if they bother to show up, not drunk or high after 90 days they are hired permanent.

They are temp to hire, I worked at BMW during a Christmas shut down a few years back, a 90 day contract if they bother to show up, not drunk or high after 90 days they are hired permanent.

And just looked it up

bmw hiring south carolina - Google Search

Start your new career with MAU at BMW in Greer, SC & earn hourly pay of $17.25- $18.25! BMW Production Associate Start your new career with MAU at BMW in Greer, SC! These positions offer pay of $17.25-$18.25 per hour plus a strong benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, major medical insurance and 401k. Apply by clicking the button to the right and schedule your interview with us to discuss this opportunity! Join our team and help build the ultimate driving machine at...

And not just corporations. These are some other Republican economic beliefs:

Billionaires should not have to pay taxes because they create jobs.

Let’s get rid of the minimum wage. If we didn’t have a minimum wage we could pay people five dollars an hour. And then everybody would be working

Why do people need education to work? My grandfather didn’t go to school.

Am I missing any?

Let’s get rid of the minimum wage. If we didn’t have a minimum wage we could pay people five dollars an hour. And then everybody would be working

Am I missing any?

Only you would work for $5 bucks an hour

Every dollar of profit eventually ends up in the hands of a person so it will all be taxed eventually

How many times do you want to tax the same money?

Am I missing any?

Billionaires pay taxes on their income just like anyone else

Am I missing any?

Yup. But keep looking, you might find some of those missing brain cells somewhere.

Corporations have it so easy now. Low taxes and an incredibly easy time finding qualified hard working young workers who will work until they drop.

Newsflash.

Corporations aren't paying taxes now.

Consumers pay them.

Who didn't know this?

Usually at the capital gains rate, though.

So what?

The law differentiates different kinds of income. Most of my income is exempt from FICA taxes because it is taken as profit from an LLC.

IMO if we are going to have an income tax then all income should be taxed at one rate.

Generally an LLC is taxed as a "pass through." You would be paying tax on income from it at the normal individual rate.

{ Depending on elections made by the LLC and the number of members, the IRS will treat an LLC as either a corporation, partnership, or as part of the LLC’s owner’s tax return (a “disregarded entity”). Specifically, a domestic LLC with at least two members is classified as a partnership for federal income tax purposes unless it files Form 8832 and affirmatively elects to be treated as a corporation. For income tax purposes, an LLC with only one member is treated as an entity disregarded as separate from its owner, unless it files Form 8832 and elects to be treated as a corporation. However, for purposes of employment tax and certain excise taxes, an LLC with only one member is still considered a separate entity.}

Limited Liability Company LLC | Internal Revenue Service

Usually at the capital gains rate, though.

So what?

The law differentiates different kinds of income. Most of my income is exempt from FICA taxes because it is taken as profit from an LLC.

IMO if we are going to have an income tax then all income should be taxed at one rate.

Generally an LLC is taxed as a "pass through." You would be paying tax on income from it at the normal individual rate.

{ Depending on elections made by the LLC and the number of members, the IRS will treat an LLC as either a corporation, partnership, or as part of the LLC’s owner’s tax return (a “disregarded entity”). Specifically, a domestic LLC with at least two members is classified as a partnership for federal income tax purposes unless it files Form 8832 and affirmatively elects to be treated as a corporation. For income tax purposes, an LLC with only one member is treated as an entity disregarded as separate from its owner, unless it files Form 8832 and elects to be treated as a corporation. However, for purposes of employment tax and certain excise taxes, an LLC with only one member is still considered a separate entity.}

Limited Liability Company LLC | Internal Revenue Service

I never said I didn't pay income tax I said most of my income is not subject to FICA taxes

Newsflash.

Consumers pay them.

Who didn't know this?
If you are making and saving enough vote for trump. I can’t but you can.

And most of the blue collar struggling don’t vote so I think they deserve to be ignored by republicans who represent corporations not labor.

And democrats have to be corporate sellouts because idiot Americans don’t show up for midterms. It’s the cons secret weapon. That and gerrymandering

Newsflash.

Consumers pay them.

Who didn't know this?
If you are making and saving enough vote for trump. I can’t but you can.

And most of the blue collar struggling don’t vote so I think they deserve to be ignored by republicans who represent corporations not labor.

And democrats have to be corporate sellouts because idiot Americans don’t show up for midterms. It’s the cons secret weapon. That and gerrymandering

Why the bile directed at your fellow Americans?

You got some poor working class voter in California, or Texas, and it makes sense for him to not vote. The state is not in play.

That does not mean that Republicans should ignore them. The voter groups cross state lines. Trump did not ignore them, and that got him the White House.

Forum List

Back