Do they do 3rd trimester abortions? (i know partial birth abortion got banned years ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilseine

Gold Member
Jul 2, 2022
I heard that you can get an abortion at 9 months for a "health" reason, meaning it leaves a loophole that if your depressed you can abort in the 3rd trimester. Is this true? And did you agree with partial birth abortion?

They asked a new jersey abortion doctor how many of his late term abortions were b/c of the health or life of the mother, he said 80 percent were elective.

When was partial birth abortion banned?

Yes, they do late term abortions. Don't even need a reason other than the doctor who will profit from the abortion saying they need to do it.

Well partial birth abortion was when they puncture the skull and suck out the brain but it was outlawed in 2003. And I'm not sure I buy into this whole the Dr gets paid, isn't it only for legit health reasons or the life of the mother?

I heard that you can get an abortion at 9 months for a "health" reason, meaning it leaves a loophole that if your depressed you can abort in the 3rd trimester. Is this true? And did you agree with partial birth abortion?
Are you pregnant?

Well partial birth abortion was when they puncture the skull and suck out the brain but it was outlawed in 2003. And I'm not sure I buy into this whole the Dr gets paid, isn't it only for legit health reasons or the life of the mother?

Last edited:
I'm new here! And i was aborted!

Nope!

You can not have an elective abortion in third term of pregnancy. It's always been misinformation that one could.

What the pro lifers labeled late term abortion, is a fallacy. First, in medical terms, there is no such thing as a late term abortion, there is the stage of late term pregnancy....which is the gestation period of the third term pregnancy.

Elective abortions IN the third term/late term of pregnancy have ALWAYS been illegal in the USA..

All of the abortions labeled by the Pro life group as late term abortions take place in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy. Which is from 13 weeks to 26 weeks of gestation out of 38 to 42 weeks or so for full term.

Partial birth abortions, was a means to remove ones baby when they had a form of encephalitis, which swells the head of the fetus to 6 times the normal size or something like that and the safest way to remove the soon to be dead, deformed child to be, was to crush the head inside the womb so it could safely be removed from the mother vaginally verses making her have a c section....and once you've forced her to have a c section, then she will never be able to have a child in the future via a natural birth.... She will always have to have a c section.

This procedure was banned, the Lord only knows why? It was the only way to safely remove the fetus in tact and give the mother a baby to mourn, that was going to die with this enlarged head medical condition, and keep the mother in tack for her next pregnancy to be a natural birth, God willing! But, this is no more...... :(

Partial birth abortions took place in the 2nd Trimester, 2nd term.

Last edited:
it depends entirely on your state laws.

it depends entirely on your state laws.
Not on elective third trimester abortions.

They are ILLEGAL in the United States after 6 months....and always have been, at least since Roe v Wade.

They are ILLEGAL in the United States after 6 months....and always have been, at least since Roe v Wade.
Roe v Wade has been overturned. It’s completely up to the states

Bull, your party is fighting for abortion up till conception. You're sick.

Nope!

You can not have an elective abortion in third term of pregnancy. It's always been misinformation that one could.

What the pro lifers labeled late term abortion, is a fallacy. First, in medical terms, there is no such thing as a late term abortion, there is the stage of late term pregnancy....which is the gestation period of the third term pregnancy.

Elective abortions IN the third term/late term of pregnancy have ALWAYS been illegal in the USA..

All of the abortions labeled by the Pro life group as late term abortions take place in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy. Which is from 13 weeks to 26 weeks of gestation out of 38 to 42 weeks or so for full term.

Partial birth abortions, was a means to remove ones baby when they had a form of encephalitis, which swells the head of the fetus to 6 times the normal size or something like that and the safest way to remove the soon to be dead, deformed child to be, was to crush the head inside the womb so it could safely be removed from the mother vaginally verses making her have a c section....and once you've forced her to have a c section, then she will never be able to have a child in the future via a natural birth.... She will always have to have a c section.

This procedure was banned, the Lord only knows why? It was the only way to safely remove the fetus in tact and give the mother a baby to mourn, that was going to die with this enlarged head medical condition, and keep the mother in tack for her next pregnancy to be a natural birth, God willing! But, this is no more...... :(

Partial birth abortions took place in the 2nd Trimester, 2nd term.
This is absolutely false. Most late term abortions kill perfectly healthy babies.

Moreover abortions up to the moment of birth are legal in some states.

Please stop lying on behalf of an industry that kills babies for $$$$.

Last edited:
This is absolutely false. Most late term abortions kill perfectly healthy babies.

Moreover abortions up to the moment of birth are legal in some states.

Please stop lying on behalf of an industry that kills babies for $$$$.
What you call late term abortions are abortions done in the SECOND trimester, not the THIRD trimester.... The second trimester runs from 13 weeks to 26 weeks.

Your linked articles are propaganda.

All you need in NY State is one doctor to say your health is threatened, and you can get one up to the moment of birth. That's how the State law is written.

What you call late term abortions are abortions done in the SECOND trimester, not the THIRD trimester.... The second trimester runs from 13 weeks to 26 weeks.

Your linked articles are propaganda.
Exactly...in the first link posted

"Late-term abortionist Martin Haskell, who is credited with inventing the partial-birth abortion procedure, said in a 1993 interview with American Medical News: “I’ll be quite frank: most of my abortions are elective in that 20-24 week range…. In my particular case, probably 20 percent are for genetic reasons. And the other 80 percent are purely elective.”"

And that was nearly 30 years ago before "partial birth abortions" were outlawed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back