Do we have an extradition treaty with Zimbabwe?

Who is "they" and by "hunter" do you mean the hunter, or the guides? And on what charges? This incident did not occur within the jurisdiction of the United States.

Who is "they" and by "hunter" do you mean the hunter, or the guides? And on what charges? This incident did not occur within the jurisdiction of the United States.
Well, that's the point of extradition. If it did happen in U.S. jurisdiction, we'd take care of it.

Last edited:
Well, that's the point of extradition. If it did happen in U.S. jurisdiction, we'd take care of it.
He may have broken US laws as well. Traveling for Sex Tourism, especially under-age sex, is illegal for Americans even if the sex is legal where you go. Works like that.

He may have broken US laws as well. Traveling for Sex Tourism, especially under-age sex, is illegal for Americans even if the sex is legal where you go. Works like that.
He may have violated the Travel Act which prohibits Americans from the use of bribery to commit a crime. A $55,000 payment was made for killing the lion. It could be interpreted as a bribe to the guide to insure a lion was successfully bagged by the hunter. Kind of iffy, but could be enough there to imply probable cause. Depends on the deals the guide wants to make and how they will testify. If the hunter had knowledge that the bait was being dragged by the vehicle from the park to the private property, that was knowledge of an illegal act combined with a payment and would constitute violation of the Travel Act.

Yes, we have a treaty but because of human rights violations, it is unlikely the dentist will be extradited. I guess he can go hide with Bill Cosby for a while....

Gotta love the left... killing babies and selling body parts.. cool. Killing a lion, they freak the fuck out.

I just found a copy of the dentist's bucket list.

59. Go one week without flossing.
60. Kill captive lion.
61. Have sex with monkey.
62. Achieve golf handicap of 5.
63. Score a hat trick with my hygienists.

When can we extradite Obama back to Kenya? It just seems kind of fair since we are extraditing "criminals" back to their home country.

Yes, we have a treaty but because of human rights violations, it is unlikely the dentist will be extradited. I guess he can go hide with Bill Cosby for a while....

I've yet to hear or read anyone claim that he wouldn't be extradited due to human rights violations in Zimbabwe.

This is really a government to government problem. One government wants to kick the shit out of someone and another wants to help. Neither really gives a shit about justice they just understand each other's need so they assist each other. Our own government is more concerned about making Zimbabwe happy than protecting the rights of its citizens.

This is really a government to government problem. One government wants to kick the shit out of someone and another wants to help. Neither really gives a shit about justice they just understand each other's need so they comply. Our own government is more concerned about making Zimbabwe happy than protecting the rights of its citizens.

Yeah, it couldn't possibly be that he actually committed crimes, could it? There's just no way.

I've yet to hear or read anyone claim that he wouldn't be extradited due to human rights violations in Zimbabwe.

I just heard it on CNN. We will see.

If he was found to be "poaching" then he should definitely face charges. Poaching is a serious crime, and the way this guy did things gives all ethical hunters a really BAD name. I do admit that some of the outrage is a bit wacky though. Let the authorities do their investigation and take care of things.

Forum List

Back