Do we take our freedoms for granted?

I challenge any "anti-government" whiner in this thread to tell me one thing they've actually done to make a change to the government they claim to hate so much. Are you getting something done by complaining online for hours on end?

No one is shot for believing a religion that the leader doesn’:)t like…

We are free to disagree with the government and protest…

We are free to travel around the globe…

We are free to speak our mind, even if it is against the government…

We are free to vote for our representatives…

We are free to own guns and protect our family and homes…

We are free to own property…

We are free to select our own careers…

We are free to get an education at no cost…

Do you ever think how lucky we are?

That’s a question that need directed to our media. I wonder do they take their freedom for granted? Ask a reporter from North Korea what they think.

The answer to the op is easy...a resounding no. All Americans relish their freedom. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb OP.

I challenge any "anti-government" whiner in this thread to tell me one thing they've actually done to make a change to the government they claim to hate so much. Are you getting something done by complaining online for hours on end?
The nature of aggression and monopoly cannot be changed.

I don't seek to change the mob, I just make sure to have as few incursions with them as humanly possible.

David Koresh was unavailable for comment.

And get pepper sprayed or clobbered on the head with bicycle locks by goon squads, while cops stand by and do nothing.

Not without permission of The State (passport).

Ever heard of Lois Lerner or Doug Shulman?

So we can choose who our wardens will be...Big whoop.

So far.

As long as you keep paying the extortion (i.e. property taxes) to remain there.

Well, that's one.

Just because you're not presented with a bill for it, doesn't mean that it doesn't cost a lot.

SMH.

Exactly.

Randy Weaver's wife, son and dog were killed because he didn't show up for a court appearance that he hadn't received a notice of.

We are free to vote, but if you live in rural areas, your vote is meaningless.

The answer to the op is easy...a resounding no. All Americans relish their freedom. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb OP.

Yes, you're correct, all Americans relish (really like) their freedom. But that isn't what was asked. The OP asked if most Americans take their freedoms for granted, and yes, many do.

Like I said further up the thread, I took my freedoms for granted up until I showed up in boot camp and was told how much they were going to be curtailed. Now that I have them back since I am no longer active duty and am retired? I appreciate them that much more.

I have a love/hate relationship with the government. I hate a lot of the things they do, but I love how many things I don't have to worry about. I live an extremely comfortable life as an American. We all do. We're greatly overtaxed, but we also pay a lot so that the government takes care of a lot of things for us. And I still have the freedom to do just about EVERYTHING I could ever want to do.

If you're not worried by the fact that the government "takes care of a lot of things for us", you're not very bright. Or very mature.

Call me crazy, but I'm not looking to be the government's pet, no matter how comfy and gilded the cage is or how many diamonds are on my collar and leash.

You are complaining to complain. Nobody has taken up arms in the over 200 years government has been shitting on us, because in reality you don't actually give a fuck. You'll continue to post on a message board your government gave you the freedom to post on, and you'll die without ever raising a fist to government.

Amazingly enough, Binary Boy, there's a whole vast spectrum of action between "taking up arms" and "don't give a fuck, just complaining to complain". Grab onto your ears and pull until you hear the popping noise that signals your head exiting your sphincter. The entire point in living in a free society, the reason my ancestors GAVE us a free society in the first place, was so that people would have a lot of options available for fixing problems so that it wouldn't have to ever come to "taking up arms".

Unfortunately, there are far too many complacent, spoonfed ass-monkeys like YOU running around, saying, "The government gave me my freedom, it makes me so comfy and takes care of so many things for me. Now if only there were a federal Department of Wiping My Ass For Me, it would be perfect!" Dickless puddings like you are the very reason this country is edging far closer to needing people to "raise a fist to government" than it ever should have; your asinine worldview and pathetic behavior has encouraged the government to shit on us.

YOU don't give a fuck; do NOT presume to project your pusillanimity onto me.

And get pepper sprayed or clobbered on the head with bicycle locks by goon squads, while cops stand by and do nothing.

So far.

Well, that's one.

Just because you're not presented with a bill for it, doesn't mean that it doesn't cost a lot.

SMH.

Geez, who pissed in YOUR Cheerios today?

In fairness, I have to point out that it wasn't Koresh's religious beliefs that were the reason he got kakked. Had a lot more to do with the fact that the government thought he was stockpiling guns and diddling children, if I remember correctly.
Nobody pissed in my Cheerios....I just don't look at what is being done to our country by thugs and tyrants as a good thing...If the men who founded the nation looked the situation today and were told that this is "freedom", they'd laugh us out of the room.
That's interesting. I've often thought that a great movie would be if the Founding Fathers came back to Earth to see what happened to thier government. The entire movie would probably have the same sentence, "That's not what we meant!" all the way through.

I have a love/hate relationship with the government. I hate a lot of the things they do, but I love how many things I don't have to worry about. I live an extremely comfortable life as an American. We all do. We're greatly overtaxed, but we also pay a lot so that the government takes care of a lot of things for us. And I still have the freedom to do just about EVERYTHING I could ever want to do.

If you're not worried by the fact that the government "takes care of a lot of things for us", you're not very bright. Or very mature.

Call me crazy, but I'm not looking to be the government's pet, no matter how comfy and gilded the cage is or how many diamonds are on my collar and leash.

You are complaining to complain. Nobody has taken up arms in the over 200 years government has been shitting on us, because in reality you don't actually give a fuck. You'll continue to post on a message board your government gave you the freedom to post on, and you'll die without ever raising a fist to government.

Amazingly enough, Binary Boy, there's a whole vast spectrum of action between "taking up arms" and "don't give a fuck, just complaining to complain". Grab onto your ears and pull until you hear the popping noise that signals your head exiting your sphincter. The entire point in living in a free society, the reason my ancestors GAVE us a free society in the first place, was so that people would have a lot of options available for fixing problems so that it wouldn't have to ever come to "taking up arms".

Unfortunately, there are far too many complacent, spoonfed ass-monkeys like YOU running around, saying, "The government gave me my freedom, it makes me so comfy and takes care of so many things for me. Now if only there were a federal Department of Wiping My Ass For Me, it would be perfect!" Dickless puddings like you are the very reason this country is edging far closer to needing people to "raise a fist to government" than it ever should have; your asinine worldview and pathetic behavior has encouraged the government to shit on us.

I deal daily with idiots who say dumb things like "Just ignore it!" or "Just ignore him!" or "Just ignore her, stop giving them press!" (That was about ACO).

No, ignoring communists is not an effective way to prevent a coup.

So far.

Well, that's one.

SMH.

Geez, who pissed in YOUR Cheerios today?

In fairness, I have to point out that it wasn't Koresh's religious beliefs that were the reason he got kakked. Had a lot more to do with the fact that the government thought he was stockpiling guns and diddling children, if I remember correctly.
Nobody pissed in my Cheerios....I just don't look at what is being done to our country by thugs and tyrants as a good thing...If the men who founded the nation looked the situation today and were told that this is "freedom", they'd laugh us out of the room.
That's interesting. I've often thought that a great movie would be if the Founding Fathers came back to Earth to see what happened to thier government. The entire movie would probably have the same sentence, "That's not what we meant!" all the way through.
That was pretty much the point of my original response...Sorry I pitched it overhand like Nolan Ryan.

To answer your question; yes, our "freedoms" have been so taken for granted, to the point that they've been stolen out from under us at an alarming rate.

So far.

Well, that's one.

SMH.

Exactly.

Randy Weaver's wife, son and dog were killed because he didn't show up for a court appearance that he hadn't received a notice of.

That was the doings of Bill Clinton and Janet Reno.

So far.

Well, that's one.

SMH.

Exactly.

No, that was GHWB....Another tyrannical despot, that Jefferson would have had hanged.

So far.

Well, that's one.

SMH.

Exactly.

No, that was GHWB....Another tyrannical despot, that Jefferson would have had hanged.
Waco Massacre: Janet Reno’s Truth

So far.

Well, that's one.

SMH.

Exactly.

Uh-huh....KG mentioned Ruby Ridge, Idaho.

So far.

Well, that's one.

SMH.

Exactly.

Uh-huh....KG mentioned Ruby Ridge, Idaho.
Regardless, it was not one of our best moments.

I asked you what you have actually done. Responding with nothing but insults has yet to overthrow your tyrannical government. Funny how that works.

Sure am.

Forum List

Back