Do we take our freedoms for granted?

I have a love/hate relationship with the government. I hate a lot of the things they do, but I love how many things I don't have to worry about. I live an extremely comfortable life as an American. We all do. We're greatly overtaxed, but we also pay a lot so that the government takes care of a lot of things for us. And I still have the freedom to do just about EVERYTHING I could ever want to do.

If you're not worried by the fact that the government "takes care of a lot of things for us", you're not very bright. Or very mature.

Call me crazy, but I'm not looking to be the government's pet, no matter how comfy and gilded the cage is or how many diamonds are on my collar and leash.

You are complaining to complain. Nobody has taken up arms in the over 200 years government has been shitting on us, because in reality you don't actually give a fuck. You'll continue to post on a message board your government gave you the freedom to post on, and you'll die without ever raising a fist to government.

Amazingly enough, Binary Boy, there's a whole vast spectrum of action between "taking up arms" and "don't give a fuck, just complaining to complain". Grab onto your ears and pull until you hear the popping noise that signals your head exiting your sphincter. The entire point in living in a free society, the reason my ancestors GAVE us a free society in the first place, was so that people would have a lot of options available for fixing problems so that it wouldn't have to ever come to "taking up arms".

Unfortunately, there are far too many complacent, spoonfed ass-monkeys like YOU running around, saying, "The government gave me my freedom, it makes me so comfy and takes care of so many things for me. Now if only there were a federal Department of Wiping My Ass For Me, it would be perfect!" Dickless puddings like you are the very reason this country is edging far closer to needing people to "raise a fist to government" than it ever should have; your asinine worldview and pathetic behavior has encouraged the government to shit on us.

YOU don't give a fuck; do NOT presume to project your pusillanimity onto me.

I asked you what you have actually done. Responding with nothing but insults has yet to overthrow your tyrannical government. Funny how that works.

We aren't the ones trying to overthrow the government. I find it mildly amusing that you sneer at us for not doing enough...while constantly asserting there's no point in trying.

I have a love/hate relationship with the government. I hate a lot of the things they do, but I love how many things I don't have to worry about. I live an extremely comfortable life as an American. We all do. We're greatly overtaxed, but we also pay a lot so that the government takes care of a lot of things for us. And I still have the freedom to do just about EVERYTHING I could ever want to do.

If you're not worried by the fact that the government "takes care of a lot of things for us", you're not very bright. Or very mature.

Call me crazy, but I'm not looking to be the government's pet, no matter how comfy and gilded the cage is or how many diamonds are on my collar and leash.

You are complaining to complain. Nobody has taken up arms in the over 200 years government has been shitting on us, because in reality you don't actually give a fuck. You'll continue to post on a message board your government gave you the freedom to post on, and you'll die without ever raising a fist to government.

Amazingly enough, Binary Boy, there's a whole vast spectrum of action between "taking up arms" and "don't give a fuck, just complaining to complain". Grab onto your ears and pull until you hear the popping noise that signals your head exiting your sphincter. The entire point in living in a free society, the reason my ancestors GAVE us a free society in the first place, was so that people would have a lot of options available for fixing problems so that it wouldn't have to ever come to "taking up arms".

Unfortunately, there are far too many complacent, spoonfed ass-monkeys like YOU running around, saying, "The government gave me my freedom, it makes me so comfy and takes care of so many things for me. Now if only there were a federal Department of Wiping My Ass For Me, it would be perfect!" Dickless puddings like you are the very reason this country is edging far closer to needing people to "raise a fist to government" than it ever should have; your asinine worldview and pathetic behavior has encouraged the government to shit on us.

I asked you what you have actually done. Responding with nothing but insults has yet to overthrow your tyrannical government. Funny how that works.

We aren't the ones trying to overthrow the government. I find it mildly amusing that you sneer at us for not doing enough...while constantly asserting there's no point in trying.

I never said there's no point in trying. I said that you should fight to maintain your rights. Posting doom and gloom threads on USMB just isn't the way to do it. What have I done? I've supported small government conservatives like Rand Paul, while watching so called conservatives vote a life long liberal into the White House.

That said, we don't have it very bad at all. We all have EXTREMELY good lives, living in the best country that has ever existed. I'm not sure by what comparison we're living in such a tyrannical state.

No one is shot for believing a religion that the leader doesn’:)t like…

We are free to disagree with the government and protest…

We are free to travel around the globe…

We are free to speak our mind, even if it is against the government…

We are free to vote for our representatives…

We are free to own guns and protect our family and homes…

We are free to own property…

We are free to select our own careers…

We are free to get an education at no cost…

Do you ever think how lucky we are?

Yes.

Oh, you want a direct answer to your demands for information? You want me to snap to on justifying myself to you? Okay, I can do that.

None of your fucking business, Torquemada Light. I don't answer to you, and you don't pass judgement on me. Again, do not project your pusillanimity onto me.

Sorry I didn't dumb that down enough for you.

Oh, you want a direct answer to your demands for information? You want me to snap to on justifying myself to you? Okay, I can do that.

None of your fucking business, Torquemada Light. I don't answer to you, and you don't pass judgement on me. Again, do not project your pusillanimity onto me.

pusillanimity lololol

I was trying to find the perfect word to describe his stated political lethargy.

pusillanimity lololol

I was trying to find the perfect word to describe his stated political lethargy.

I thought "pus-filled cowardice" covered it nicely, and fortunately, I happened to know a word that meant that. :D

David Koresh was unavailable for comment.

And get pepper sprayed or clobbered on the head with bicycle locks by goon squads, while cops stand by and do nothing.

Not without permission of The State (passport).

Ever heard of Lois Lerner or Doug Shulman?

So we can choose who our wardens will be...Big whoop.

So far.

As long as you keep paying the extortion (i.e. property taxes) to remain there.

Well, that's one.

Just because you're not presented with a bill for it, doesn't mean that it doesn't cost a lot.

SMH.

At least internet is not censored...

Oops, too late. That one is gone too.

O'Keefe has done it again. Hard evidence from Facebook former employee on the scripts and algorithms manually implemented by ideologues inside the company to block "right wing" content. Watch the 20 minute video.

Facebook Insider Leaks Docs; Explains “Deboosting,” “Troll Report,” & Political Targeting in Video Interview

Because you've done nothing. Don't pretend you're doing some rallying behind closed doors when we know you do nothing but cry on message boards.

I've told you what I do. I support small government conservatives like Rand Paul. Who did you vote for? I'm kidding. I already know who you voted for.

And get pepper sprayed or clobbered on the head with bicycle locks by goon squads, while cops stand by and do nothing.

So far.

Well, that's one.

Just because you're not presented with a bill for it, doesn't mean that it doesn't cost a lot.

SMH.

O'Keefe has done it again. Hard evidence from Facebook former employee on the scripts and algorithms manually implemented by ideologues inside the company to block "right wing" content. Watch the 20 minute video.

Facebook Insider Leaks Docs; Explains “Deboosting,” “Troll Report,” & Political Targeting in Video Interview

Anybody is free to create their own internet site.

Yes, these fuckers do, and some of them want to be communists, which means those freedoms go away.

So far.

Well, that's one.

SMH.

Anybody is free to create their own internet site.

Not quite as free as in 2001.

Forum List

Back