🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do You Believe It's Safe To Eat Food From The Gulf of Mexico?

Would You Eat Food From The Gulf of Mexico?

• Total voters
Why? What is on your mind, Marc? I wouldn't eat any of the food coming out of the waters there and you shouldn't either. It isn't safe. You cannot see the oil because they dumped COREXIT from the air to weigh down the oil and drop it to the bottom of the sea. COREXIT is banned in Europe because it is very toxic. The problem wasn't solved. It was buried........ at the bottom of the sea.

- Jeri
I wouldn't knowingly touch anything from that source.

It's nothing but toxic chemicals I'd be ingesting if I did.

BP, et al are lying.

They should be stopped.

Last edited:
Why? What is on your mind, Marc? I wouldn't eat any of the food coming out of the waters there and you shouldn't either. It isn't safe. You cannot see the oil because they dumped COREXIT from the air to weigh down the oil and drop it to the bottom of the sea. COREXIT is banned in Europe because it is very toxic. The problem wasn't solved. It was buried........ at the bottom of the sea.

- Jeri
I wouldn't knowing touch anything from that source.

BP, et al are lying.

They should be stopped.

So you don't know first hand like some of us do but you're convinced anyway.

Typical.

I own a house in Pensacola and my family is there, we eat alot of shrimp and fish from the gulf and have been all along. Not a problem with it at all. We buy all our seafood from Joe Patti fresh off the boats

Joe Patti's World Famous Seafood Market. Florida Seafood, Pensacola Seafood, online Seafood Market, shop

Joe Patti's. Yep, I know the place but haven't been over there in a while. Offered a job by his son many years ago but declined it. Went Industrial instead for better money than the yards. Building oil field supply vessels back then.

His son had cancer, and don't know the outcome of that. Father was locked up for tax evasion.

A few weeks ago I was writing about Republicans blocking this administration from investigating BP. After many posts of "liar", someone must have read the links. Then they went on about how "safe" the food is from the gulf. How scientists have given it an "OK" (Republicans quoting scientists - strange).

So I posted many links about shrimp without eyes, crabs without claws, dolphins with sores and lung disease, and children who played in the water getting blisters.

That was the end of the thread.

- Jeri

BP, et al are lying.

They should be stopped.

Typical.
My OP states that the local fisherman have been reporting major, major issues with the food coming out of the Gulf.

They've literally been saying the OPPOSITE of what BP's pushing.

So it comes down to who you believe, the fisherman or BP's marketing.

I believe those fisherman.

Now, let me ask you, are YOU a local fisherman?

A few weeks ago I was writing about Republicans blocking this administration from investigating BP. After many posts of "liar", someone must have read the links. Then they went on about how "safe" the food is from the gulf. How scientists have given it an "OK" (Republicans quoting scientists - strange).

So I posted many links about shrimp without eyes, crabs without claws, dolphins with sores and lung disease, and children who played in the water getting blisters.

That was the end of the thread.
Brother [MENTION=20394]rdean[/MENTION], what's the takeaway from your account?

You know, the place where BP spilled all that oil?

They've been running ad after ad claiming that it's safe to eat now.

However, the local fisherman and others say otherwise.

What say you...would YOU eat food from there?

Why/why not?

:lol::lol::lol: Here's a fact for you who really seem to know nothing of the world around you.....the Gulf of Mexico receives the same amount of oil EVERY DAY, from natural seeps, that the BP oil spill introduced.

Oil Seeps in the Gulf of Mexico : Image of the Day
Yep, and here are nasa images of just that-natural oil seeps
gulfmex_tmo_2006133_lrg.jpg

Why/why not?

:lol::lol::lol: Here's a fact for you who really seem to know nothing of the world around you.....the Gulf of Mexico receives the same amount of oil EVERY DAY, from natural seeps, that the BP oil spill introduced.

Why/why not?

BP Oil Spill Statistics - Deepwater Horizon Gulf Spill Numbers

The Deepwater Horizon well is a high-pressure gusher that recent estimates claim is spewing from 35,000 to 60,000 barrels a day into the Gulf of Mexico. These estimates mean that the Deepwater Horizon well is emitting from about 13 to 22 times more than all the natural seeps across the entire Gulf.

Natural leaks emit oil into the Gulf of Mexico - San Antonio Express-News

Took me about 5 minutes to find out these statistics using Google. You shouldn't make claims you know have to be wrong. It makes you look "stupid".

Why/why not?

I think you should stop eating.

You should stop drinking water too.

The Deepwater Horizon well is a high-pressure gusher that recent estimates claim is spewing from 35,000 to 60,000 barrels a day into the Gulf of Mexico. These estimates mean that the Deepwater Horizon well is emitting from about 13 to 22 times more than all the natural seeps across the entire Gulf.

Took me about 5 minutes to find out these statistics using Google. You shouldn't make claims you know have to be wrong. It makes you look "stupid".

Three different activist groups came up with those estimates. The official government estimates are still 5,000 bbls per day based on observation. I'll go with the government estimates thank you.

You are not really math agile are you? Neither are journalists apparently. Even at that low estimate of natural seepage of 2800 bbls/day -- that's a rough 1,000,000 bbls/yr. Or the equivalent of 28 days of Deep Horizon leakage. And LIKELY, the number is much higher because the BP spill was estimated AT THE SOURCE and the natural leakage is estimated from the dissipated and absorbed leakage..

We on to page 3 now -- has anyone seen a govt report on the seafood safety that relates to this OP? Anecdotes about fisherman skewing their own livelihoods are harder to swallow than a big pot of boiled Gulf shrimp that I made today..

BP, et al are lying.

They should be stopped.

Typical.
My OP states that the local fisherman have been reporting major, major issues with the food coming out of the Gulf.

I've eaten plenty of seafood from the gulf as has my wife and we are just fine so maybe I don't really believe the fishermen.

And if these fishermen are selling tainted seafood why are you listening to them?

Three different activist groups came up with those estimates. The official government estimates are still 5,000 bbls per day based on observation. I'll go with the government estimates thank you.

U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

That's an "activist group"?

Other "activist groups listed as sources:

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/

Department of Oceanography at Texas A&M University

What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you insane?

Last edited by a moderator:

Typical.

I've eaten plenty of seafood from the gulf as has my wife and we are just fine so maybe I don't really believe the fishermen.

And if these fishermen are selling tainted seafood why are you listening to them?

17jyw0jzh6puzjpg.jpg

Enjoy! Bon appetit!

I believe the term you were looking for is "dishonest."

Forum List

Back