CDZ Do you consider a country free when 62% of its people are afraid to express an opinion? Simple Yes or NO please.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

of course it is.

People can CHOOSE whether or not so say what they want.

using that logic, nazi germany was free. hell, using that logic, the inmates of the death camps were "free".

right up until they were dead.
No one is getting gassed in this country for saying what they want.

No one is getting arrested

Talk about a shitty comparison
The entire NATION is on edge because of the VIOLENT DEMOCRAT PARTY and their PROPAGANDA WING.

I know it, you know it, we all freakin' know it.

Hate crimes in massive numbers, lynch mobs made up of Democrat Mayors, Judges, grand standing prosecutors, and city councils, violent mobs being paid by a major political Party attempting to overthrow the legally elected government, with agents at all levels sabotaging the various agencies, etc. It's easy to spot the vermin: they all run around denying they're racist traitor scum.

will wonders never cease? I am FORCED to agree with the post---above ^^^^ ---written by .... PIC, no less

I do, just because those people are cowards doesn't change the fact they are free. What we need are people refusing to be cowed by the democrat scum.

of course it is.

using that logic, nazi germany was free. hell, using that logic, the inmates of the death camps were "free".

nope. your stated rule was "free equals being able to say what they want".

the inmates of the death camps could say what they wanted. there might have been serious consequences, but by your stated standard, they would have counted as "free".

it is a pretty fine examination of your standard.

i think it shows that what is shitty, is your standard.

Of course not. Between the hyper-partisan political environment we're in, PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture, I can't blame anyone for keeping their mouths shut. Freedom of expression is the most liberal of all American values, and we're going in exactly the opposite direction.
Not on the internet ...people say what they think, and some....
As long as they're anonymous, sure. But if your name is on the screen and you say the wrong thing, you could be the next target.
Agree.

But I was brought up by my parents, not to discuss politics or religious differences at the dinner table with guests, and at work with coworkers, etc.... So I had a real PC upbringing.... And life was actually good and peaceful, and dems and repubs and protestants and Catholics and Jews and Buddhist all got along...

The internet, has changed all of that.... And not for the good...imho.
I do not think avoiding topics while at work as PC.

And the whole "Don't talk politics or religion" at the table thing has been practiced long before PC was even a thing

right now-----our freedoms regarding self-expression are MARKEDLY curtailed in the public sphere. Even persons victimized by the
ongoing stink and filth of the BLM criminals
and thugs and the support those animals enjoy are barred from SAYING IT

No one is barred from saying anything.

you might be afraid to say stuff but that's on you.

Personally I'm not afraid to speak my mind

Folks are getting murdered and beaten for wearing a red baseball cap. Put a Trump bumper sticker on your car at your own peril.

Right, no one is getting arrested...for assault, looting, arson or any of dozens of other felonies.

How many people have been murdered for wearing a red baseball hat?

I drive a red truck, should I be worried?

of course it is.

the inmates of the death camps could say what they wanted. there might have been serious consequences, but by your stated standard, they would have counted as "free".

No because that was the government that was prohibiting speech and putting people in camps.

The US government is doing no such thing.

No private citizen or business can violate your right to free speech

I do, just because those people are cowards doesn't change the fact they are free. What we need are people refusing to be cowed by the democrat scum.

People with something to lose usually wimp out when it comes to fighting off those with nothing to lose. They would rather just tool around on their riding lawn mowers drinking beer and just take more Prozac instead. Democrats will do nothing to stop feral hood rat animals from violent criminal acts as long as they get the job done by election time. Then they will just open up the borders and let the mestizo gangs wipe out the hoods, like they've done in LA and other places.

Democrats have nothing to lose by the violence and racist murders. they aren't going to be bothering Pelosi's neighborhood or the Hamptons or Martha's Vinyard.

Last edited:
Of course not.

Between the hyper-partisan political environment we're in, PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture, I can't blame anyone for keeping their mouths shut.

Freedom of expression is the most liberal of all American values, and we're going in exactly the opposite direction.
It's their choice. They are free, they just have to accept the consequences of what they say.

Democratic Scum? How about the Republican scrum? Fauci, Vindman, McCabe, Christina Ford, etc etc etc.... all getting death threats....

This isn't one sided, both dem and republicans have assholes.

Of course not.

Between the hyper-partisan political environment we're in, PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture, I can't blame anyone for keeping their mouths shut.

Freedom of expression is the most liberal of all American values, and we're going in exactly the opposite direction.
It's their choice. They are free, they just have to accept the consequences of what they say.

So the Consequence of being a Trump supporter should be possible firing, shunning, and social-economic ruin?

of course it is.

The entire NATION is on edge because of the VIOLENT DEMOCRAT PARTY and their PROPAGANDA WING.

I know it, you it, we all fucking know it.
I'm not on edge.

I say what I want when I want.

Just because other people can tell you what you said was stupid does not mean this is not a relatively free country
YOU are NOT "the rest of the nation."
You said "The ENTIRE nation is on edge"

That means EVERYONE in the nation.

Words mean things. It's ironic that in a thread about free speech you don't seem to realize that words mean things.
This is also the "CLEAN DEBATE ZONE," yet you feel the need to puke up an insult.

Talk about irony.

"The entire nation" is a generalization, and it's spot on.

If you think that was an insult then you are too sensitive.

And ALL generalizations are bad ( even that one)
Yeah, it was an insult. You basically implied I'm stupid, and that's an insult.

Generalizations are used every day, all day, by the vast majority of people on earth, and people understand what the person using the generalization means.

You are deflecting, attacking what I said, instead of disputing what I meant, which is the vast majority of people in this nation are not speaking their mind because of fear of the violent democrats and their rioting mobs of lawless ANTIFA, BLM and the like, showing up their house at 3:00AM with a bull horn, and the police do virtually nothing or don't show up at all, and if you walk outside with a firearm to protect your property and life, you get charge with a crime. The law is upside down right now, and people see it, and it's causing a lot of anxiety, so people just keep their mouths shut attempting to mitigate it, and that is NOT FREEDOM.

It was upside down before. We are now trying to level it up. There will be things that get broke by doing that.

your actions are not the actions of fixing shit, but of destroying the nation and oppressing and terrorizing good people.

Of course not. Between the hyper-partisan political environment we're in, PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture, I can't blame anyone for keeping their mouths shut. Freedom of expression is the most liberal of all American values, and we're going in exactly the opposite direction.
That runs directly against the spirit of freedom of expression. "Consequences" don't have to include ruining someone or shutting them up. They can include vigorous debate and the challenging of their ideas.

"Consequences" are for punishment and intimidation only. That is illiberal.

Last edited:
Hello? Some times being arrogant and a dick, just ain't worth it.... you'll always have the freedom to shout what you want....

of course it is.

No because that was the government that was prohibiting speech and putting people in camps.

actually a standard sign of a government gone bad, is when they start using extra legal means to silence their enemies.

like brownshirts, or the klan.

non government thugs, generally working with government officials abusing their power, to silence or kill political enemies of the government or party.

much like when the dem mayors order the cops to stand down, so that lefty mobs can rule the streets.

and really like when people get arrested for defending themselves. i don't even know if the nazis went that far (pre-war).

Democratic Scum? How about the Republican scrum? Fauci, Vindman, McCabe, Christina Ford, etc etc etc.... all getting death threats....

This isn't one sided, both dem and republicans have assholes.
All of you democrats are scum. All you have to do if you're honest (fat chance) is look at the democrat controlled crapholes and see them REFUSING to stop looting, rioting, burning, murdering scum. They ain't no conservatives doing that, liar.

of course it is.

actually a standard sign of a government gone bad, is when they start using extra legal means to silence their enemies.

like brownshirts, or the klan.

non government thugs, generally working with government officials abusing their power, to silence or kill political enemies of the government or party.

much like when the dem mayors order the cops to stand down, so that lefty mobs can rule the streets.

and really like when people get arrested for defending themselves. i don't even know if the nazis went that far (pre-war).
Any person using deadly force in self defense will be considered guilty until proven innocent because they are stating that they did indeed kill a person.

It is up to the district attorney or courts to decide whether or not that the act was justified.

This crap is part of the reason Trump was elected in the first place.

a big part.

every time that this type of tactic was used against trump, every voter that had ever had to hold their tongue out of fear,

saw a chance to spit in the face of the bullies by showing them that their bulling did not work, and did not scare them, as represented by Trump.

Not on the internet ...people say what they think, and some....
As long as they're anonymous, sure. But if your name is on the screen and you say the wrong thing, you could be the next target.
Agree.

But I was brought up by my parents, not to discuss politics or religious differences at the dinner table with guests, and at work with coworkers, etc.... So I had a real PC upbringing.... And life was actually good and peaceful, and dems and repubs and protestants and Catholics and Jews and Buddhist all got along...

The internet, has changed all of that.... And not for the good...imho.
I do not think avoiding topics while at work as PC.

And the whole "Don't talk politics or religion" at the table thing has been practiced long before PC was even a thing

right now-----our freedoms regarding self-expression are MARKEDLY curtailed in the public sphere. Even persons victimized by the
ongoing stink and filth of the BLM criminals
and thugs and the support those animals enjoy are barred from SAYING IT

No one is barred from saying anything.

you might be afraid to say stuff but that's on you.

Personally I'm not afraid to speak my mind

try again. People are LOSING their jobs for commenting negatively on the BLM thugs and their machinations. At the "demonstrations"
BLM thugs attack anyone opposing their filth,
physically. I have a personal experience in court-----those animals cannot even be prosecuted for BLATANT CRIME

Forum List

Back