CDZ Do you consider a country free when 62% of its people are afraid to express an opinion? Simple Yes or NO please.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a cultural thing, not a legal thing.

If the government is locking you up for saying the wrong thing, that's bad.

If you are silencing yourself because you don't want your friends to think you're a jerk, that's on you.

Corona virus doesn’t care who is POTUS. It doesn’t discriminate.

And when Trump implemented a flight ban to and from China, he was called a racist.
Mindful, you are repeating a never ending republican lie.... He was called a racist for his not calling the Corona virus by its name..... the Kung Flu, the Chinese virus, etc etc etc.....

Democrats were fine with stopping flights from China..... the major concern, was that it was too late.....not done early enough to mean anything....the virus was already here and spreading.

There was one Representative, who nobody ever heard of, that is Asian, and heads a group outside of congress for Asians that complained about Trump's rhetoric because assaults against her Asian American constituents had gone up drastically, after Trumps rhetoric Kung Flu crap etc.
Corona in this country was fueled more by flights arriving from Europe than China.

Yes, I know it hit NYC metro, from EU travel.... stopping the Chna travel turned out to be meaningless.

:auiqs.jpg:

How did it get to Europe?

Also I believe it first showed up in Washington.
The virus began in China, as with ALL Corona viruses.... including the Common Cold....
it comes from a specific breed of Bats, not in the Americas, or Europe, that primarily resides in China and a couple of places in the middle east.
Yes but it was brought to this country by people traveling from Europe not China

of course it is.

People can CHOOSE whether or not so say what they want.
And get the crap beat out of them if they say an UNAPPROVED thing. Get real.

Yeah OK
Did you see how many kids died this weekend???? You need to get the super glue off your eyelashes.

So all that was the result of political speech?

Are you saying that there are roaming bands of though and speech police killing people in the streets now?

Of course not. Between the hyper-partisan political environment we're in, PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture, I can't blame anyone for keeping their mouths shut. Freedom of expression is the most liberal of all American values, and we're going in exactly the opposite direction.
Not on the internet ...people say what they think, and some....
As long as they're anonymous, sure. But if your name is on the screen and you say the wrong thing, you could be the next target.

Of course not.

Between the hyper-partisan political environment we're in, PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture, I can't blame anyone for keeping their mouths shut.

Freedom of expression is the most liberal of all American values, and we're going in exactly the opposite direction.
There is little risk for libs to speak out and support the Black Lies Matter crowd
PC has always been a one-way street, one of its many destructive elements.

And when Trump implemented a flight ban to and from China, he was called a racist.

As well he should have been. He banned CHINESE NATIONALS from coming to America. If you were an infected American flying back to the US, there was no issue. If you were from Europe and infected, there was no issue.

Ironically, to day the rest of the world has a ban on Americans coming to their countries because we've handled this so poorly. Good work.

Also off topic.

As well he should have been. He banned CHINESE NATIONALS from coming to America. If you were an infected American flying back to the US, there was no issue. If you were from Europe and infected, there was no issue.

Ironically, to day the rest of the world has a ban on Americans coming to their countries because we've handled this so poorly. Good work.

Also off topic.

Just because you hate him, don’t expect me to.

Of course not.

Between the hyper-partisan political environment we're in, PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture, I can't blame anyone for keeping their mouths shut.

Freedom of expression is the most liberal of all American values, and we're going in exactly the opposite direction.
Liberal? Seriously you have shut down more speech than the soviet union did, almost Burned 2 jews alive

Of course not. Between the hyper-partisan political environment we're in, PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture, I can't blame anyone for keeping their mouths shut. Freedom of expression is the most liberal of all American values, and we're going in exactly the opposite direction.
As long as they're anonymous, sure. But if your name is on the screen and you say the wrong thing, you could be the next target.
Agree.

But I was brought up by my parents, not to discuss politics or religious differences at the dinner table with guests, and at work with coworkers, etc.... So I had a real PC upbringing.... And life was actually good and peaceful, and dems and repubs and protestants and Catholics and Jews and Buddhist all got along...

The internet, has changed all of that.... And not for the good...imho.

Thats nonsense

you would have screamed even louder if trump had barred US citizens from returning home

with libs he’s damned if he does and damned if he doesent

Agree.

But I was brought up by my parents, not to discuss politics or religious differences at the dinner table with guests, and at work with coworkers, etc.... So I had a real PC upbringing.... And life was actually good and peaceful, and dems and repubs and protestants and Catholics and Jews and Buddhist all got along...

Holy crap, the internet took where we were and multiplied it by about a zillion.

Talk about a double-edged sword, huh?

Agree.

I do not think avoiding topics while at work as PC.

And the whole "Don't talk politics or religion" at the table thing has been practiced long before PC was even a thing

Of course not; neither is any country that can't refer to homosexual fetishists by what they really are, mentally ill neurotics and homosexual fetishists.

Last edited:

You and only one person have answered your thread with a requested yes or no. Funny, in a thread allegedly about freedom you try and restrict folks to a one-word answer.

Agree.

I do not think avoiding topics while at work as PC.

And the whole "Don't talk politics or religion" at the table thing has been practiced long before PC was even a thing

right now-----our freedoms regarding self-expression are MARKEDLY curtailed in the public sphere. Even persons victimized by the
ongoing stink and filth of the BLM criminals
and thugs and the support those animals enjoy are barred from SAYING IT

That's a cultural thing, not a legal thing.

If the government is locking you up for saying the wrong thing, that's bad.

If you are silencing yourself because you don't want your friends to think you're a jerk, that's on you.

Mindful, you are repeating a never ending republican lie.... He was called a racist for his not calling the Corona virus by its name..... the Kung Flu, the Chinese virus, etc etc etc.....

Democrats were fine with stopping flights from China..... the major concern, was that it was too late.....not done early enough to mean anything....the virus was already here and spreading.

There was one Representative, who nobody ever heard of, that is Asian, and heads a group outside of congress for Asians that complained about Trump's rhetoric because assaults against her Asian American constituents had gone up drastically, after Trumps rhetoric Kung Flu crap etc.
Corona in this country was fueled more by flights arriving from Europe than China.

Yes, I know it hit NYC metro, from EU travel.... stopping the Chna travel turned out to be meaningless.

:auiqs.jpg:

How did it get to Europe?

Also I believe it first showed up in Washington.
The virus began in China, as with ALL Corona viruses.... including the Common Cold....
it comes from a specific breed of Bats, not in the Americas, or Europe, that primarily resides in China and a couple of places in the middle east.
Yes but it was brought to this country by people traveling from Europe not China
I agree with you, the virus had already spread to Europe, and had time to mutate in Europe, before NYC Metro got it. We know our version in the USA is a European identified, mutation of the original version from Wuhan...And the EU version mutation was stronger, and kills more people than the Wuhan original version.....

I heard on the news, the resurgence of the virus in China happening the past month or two, is the EU mutation, that has been brought in to them thru travel....

Karma' s a bitch, eh? :)

of course it is.

People can CHOOSE whether or not so say what they want.

using that logic, nazi germany was free. hell, using that logic, the inmates of the death camps were "free".

right up until they were dead.
No one is getting gassed in this country for saying what they want.

No one is getting arrested

Talk about a shitty comparison
The entire NATION is on edge because of the VIOLENT DEMOCRAT PARTY and their PROPAGANDA WING.

I know it, you know it, we all freakin' know it.

Hate crimes in massive numbers, lynch mobs made up of Democrat Mayors, Judges, grand standing prosecutors, and city councils, violent mobs being paid by a major political Party attempting to overthrow the legally elected government, with agents at all levels sabotaging the various agencies, etc. It's easy to spot the vermin: they all run around denying they're racist traitor scum.

No one is getting gassed in this country for saying what they want.

No one is getting arrested

Talk about a shitty comparison

Folks are getting murdered and beaten for wearing a red baseball cap. Put a Trump bumper sticker on your car at your own peril.

Right, no one is getting arrested...for assault, looting, arson or any of dozens of other felonies.

Forum List

Back