CDZ Do you consider a country free when 62% of its people are afraid to express an opinion? Simple Yes or NO please.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a cultural thing, not a legal thing.

If the government is locking you up for saying the wrong thing, that's bad.

If you are silencing yourself because you don't want your friends to think you're a jerk, that's on you.

Corona virus doesn’t care who is POTUS. It doesn’t discriminate.

And when Trump implemented a flight ban to and from China, he was called a racist.

Of course not.

Between the hyper-partisan political environment we're in, PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture, I can't blame anyone for keeping their mouths shut.

Freedom of expression is the most liberal of all American values, and we're going in exactly the opposite direction.
Not on the internet....people say what they think, and some....

of course it is.

People can CHOOSE whether or not so say what they want.

using that logic, nazi germany was free. hell, using that logic, the inmates of the death camps were "free".

right up until they were dead.
No one is getting gassed in this country for saying what they want.

No one is getting arrested

Talk about a shitty comparison
The entire NATION is on edge because of the VIOLENT DEMOCRAT PARTY and their PROPAGANDA WING.

I know it, you it, we all fucking know it.
I'm not on edge.

I say what I want when I want.

Just because other people can tell you what you said was stupid does not mean this is not a relatively free country
YOU are NOT "the rest of the nation."
You said "The ENTIRE nation is on edge"

That means EVERYONE in the nation.

Words mean things. It's ironic that in a thread about free speech you don't seem to realize that words mean things.
This is also the "CLEAN DEBATE ZONE," yet you feel the need to puke up an insult.

Talk about irony.

"The entire nation" is a generalization, and it's spot on.

If you think that was an insult then you are too sensitive.

And ALL generalizations are bad ( even that one)

If you are silencing yourself because you don't want your friends to think you're a jerk, that's on you.

And when Trump implemented a flight ban to and from China, he was called a racist.
Mindful, you are repeating a never ending republican lie.... He was called a racist for his not calling the Corona virus by its name..... the Kung Flu, the Chinese virus, etc etc etc.....

Democrats were fine with stopping flights from China..... the major concern, was that it was too late.....not done early enough to mean anything....the virus was already here and spreading.

There was one Representative, who nobody ever heard of, that is Asian, and heads a group outside of congress for Asians that complained about Trump's rhetoric because assaults against her Asian American constituents had gone up drastically, after Trumps rhetoric Kung Flu crap etc.

Mindful, you are repeating a never ending republican lie.... He was called a racist for his not calling the Corona virus by its name..... the Kung Flu, the Chinese virus, etc etc etc.....

Democrats were fine with stopping flights from China..... the major concern, was that it was too late.....not done early enough to mean anything....the virus was already here and spreading.

There was one Representative, who nobody ever heard of, that is Asian, and heads a group outside of congress for Asians that complained about Trump's rhetoric because assaults against her Asian American constituents had gone up drastically, after Trumps rhetoric Kung Flu crap etc.
Corona in this country was fueled more by flights arriving from Europe than China.

No, this is not a free country.

I have been saying what I want all my life and have been ostracized and denied employment and thrown out of establishments, all my life, well at least since I was old enough to talk, when I was a child I was spanked for it, sent to my room without supper but that only prepared me for what society had in store for those that didn't keep their mouths shut. I was also ran out of churches for debating preachers.
So what you people think is a new phenomena has been going on for 55 years in my life. People need to figure out that they should decide if they want to be heard or be part of the silent herd.

of course it is.

using that logic, nazi germany was free. hell, using that logic, the inmates of the death camps were "free".

The entire NATION is on edge because of the VIOLENT DEMOCRAT PARTY and their PROPAGANDA WING.

I'm not on edge.

Just because other people can tell you what you said was stupid does not mean this is not a relatively free country

Words mean things. It's ironic that in a thread about free speech you don't seem to realize that words mean things.
This is also the "CLEAN DEBATE ZONE," yet you feel the need to puke up an insult.

Talk about irony.

Yeah, it was an insult. You basically implied I'm stupid, and that's an insult.

Generalizations are used every day, all day, by the vast majority of people on earth, and people understand what the person using the generalization means.

You are deflecting, nit picking what I said instead of acknowledging the obvious, which is the vast majority of people in this nation are not speaking their mind because of fear of the violent democrats and their rioting mobs of lawless ANTIFA, BLM and the like, showing up their house at 3:00AM with a bull horn, and the police do virtually nothing or don't show up at all, and if you walk outside with a firearm to protect your property and life, you get arrested, your guns taken away and charged with a crime. The law is upside down right now, the lawless are being protected and law abiding are being demonized, and people see it, and it's causing a lot of anxiety, so people just keep their mouths shut attempting to mitigate it, and that is NOT FREEDOM.

Last edited:

Corona in this country was fueled more by flights arriving from Europe than China.

Yes, I know it hit NYC metro, from EU travel.... stopping the Chna travel turned out to be meaningless.

Yes, I know it hit NYC metro, from EU travel.... stopping the Chna travel turned out to be meaningless.

:auiqs.jpg:

How did it get to Europe?

Also I believe it first showed up in Washington.

Of course not.

Between the hyper-partisan political environment we're in, PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture, I can't blame anyone for keeping their mouths shut.

Freedom of expression is the most liberal of all American values, and we're going in exactly the opposite direction.
There is little risk for libs to speak out and support the Black Lies Matter crowd

of course it is.

I'm not on edge.

Talk about irony.

Generalizations are used every day, all day, by the vast majority of people on earth, and people understand what the person using the generalization means.

You are deflecting, attacking what I said, instead of disputing what I meant, which is the vast majority of people in this nation are not speaking their mind because of fear of the violent democrats and their rioting mobs of lawless ANTIFA, BLM and the like, showing up their house at 3:00AM with a bull horn, and the police do virtually nothing or don't show up at all, and if you walk outside with a firearm to protect your property and life, you get charge with a crime. The law is upside down right now, and people see it, and it's causing a lot of anxiety, so people just keep their mouths shut attempting to mitigate it, and that is NOT FREEDOM.

It was upside down before. We are now trying to level it up. There will be things that get broke by doing that.

of course it is.

I'm not on edge.

Talk about irony.

You are deflecting, nit picking what I said instead of disputing what I meant, which is the vast majority of people in this nation are not speaking their mind because of fear of the violent democrats and their rioting mobs of lawless ANTIFA, BLM and the like, showing up their house at 3:00AM with a bull horn, and the police do virtually nothing or don't show up at all, and if you walk outside with a firearm to protect your property and life, you get charge with a crime. The law is upside down right now, and people see it, and it's causing a lot of anxiety, so people just keep their mouths shut attempting to mitigate it, and that is NOT FREEDOM.

No freedom of speech with you around.

of course it is.

I'm not on edge.

Talk about irony.

You are deflecting, attacking what I said, instead of disputing what I meant, which is the vast majority of people in this nation are not speaking their mind because of fear of the violent democrats and their rioting mobs of lawless ANTIFA, BLM and the like, showing up their house at 3:00AM with a bull horn, and the police do virtually nothing or don't show up at all, and if you walk outside with a firearm to protect your property and life, you get charge with a crime. The law is upside down right now, and people see it, and it's causing a lot of anxiety, so people just keep their mouths shut attempting to mitigate it, and that is NOT FREEDOM.

I can't help it if you're an ultra sensitive type.

And I have no way of knowing what you "mean" all I can go by on a written message board platform is what you say.

And just because a lot of and maybe even most people ( you'll notice I didn't say ALL people) use broad brushes in no way means that broad brushing is a good thing.

of course it is.

And get the crap beat out of them if they say an UNAPPROVED thing. Get real.

Washington Dulles is a high traffic hub airport. You should see the throngs at immigration.

Same with Heathrow.

Jumbo jets full of Chinese are always coming through. Both airports.

of course it is.

Yeah OK

The virus began in China, as with ALL Corona viruses.... including the Common Cold....
it comes from a specific breed of Bats, not in the Americas, or Europe, that primarily resides in China and a couple of places in the middle east.

of course it is.

Hitler let Germans live their lives including RELIGION. He was gentle and persuasive. Best financial years they had.

Now if you were a Commie, homo. gypsy, chronic drunk, or village idiot, you were a goner.

Now Hitler offered the Jews to the world in deportation. You know that right. The world did not want them. You know that right?

I can see his view on Commies though and his solution.......................j/k

of course it is.

Yeah OK
Did you see how many kids died this weekend???? You need to get the super glue off your eyelashes.

Forum List

Back