Do you ever feel like a TOTAL LOSER in life?

^Please don't bring your religious-phobic comments into my thread. It has nothing to do with any of that.

Flamer alert re OP joined July 28

been around these boards to know flamers when I see them

in-your-face subject

OP - get lost...............

^Um, not really.

I actually don't have the $$$ to be high maintenance even if I wanted to be. So in essence, I'm the opposite of high maintenance and rarely buy "extra" things despite my wanting to.

Serious question, not joking around.

Compared to other people who have become extremely accomplished and successful in their careers or w/e they do for a living, do you ever feel like a massive nobody? People like Mark Zuckerberg, who are multi-BILLIONAIRES thanks to their own genius inventions make me jealous. Even if I compare myself to someone who has a decent amount of disposable income, nice house, nice car and can afford several vacations per year, I tend to feel jealous of them.

Anyone else ever feel this way?
(I'm not looking for support, just am genuinely curious if others feel the same)...
My sources say that the same hormone/neurotransmitter that governs love also governs envy: sciencedaily

ScienceDaily (Nov. 13, 2009) — A new study carried out at the University of Haifa has found that the hormone oxytocin, the "love hormone," which affects behaviors such as trust, empathy and generosity, also affects opposite behaviors, such as jealousy and gloating. "Subsequent to these findings, we assume that the hormone is an overall trigger for social sentiments: when the person's association is positive, oxytocin bolsters pro-social behaviors; when the association is negative, the hormone increases negative sentiments," explains Simone Shamay-Tsoory who carried out the research.

The hows and wherefores are the link. When living under the influence of this oxytocin hormone, its trigger seems to be perception, but the study's achievement of setting the stage for envy or reinforcement are a kick, I have to say, although I respect the study as it was obviously carried out with complete scientific dispassion. :)

And I'd never worry again about feeling a few pangs of desire as passions rise and fall at different times of life. The trick to controlling these pangs may lie in one's inherent ability to delay the gratification of expressing them until the oxytocin has cooled down with the passing of time--minutes, hours or days, whatever it takes to cool off. A half ounce of bitter cocoa might soothe the rough edges, with its phenalynine sedative, but mixed with sugar and cream is on the fattening side if you are weight-conscious.

I'm not acquainted with the effects of too much cocoa, except for obesity in its most appealing form. And it is no substitute for sound reasoning in governing action.

Best wishes in defeating envy. It gets people nothing but trouble.

Compared to other people who have become extremely accomplished and successful in their careers or w/e they do for a living, do you ever feel like a massive nobody? People like Mark Zuckerberg, who are multi-BILLIONAIRES thanks to their own genius inventions make me jealous. Even if I compare myself to someone who has a decent amount of disposable income, nice house, nice car and can afford several vacations per year, I tend to feel jealous of them.

(I'm not looking for support, just am genuinely curious if others feel the same)...

The only losers are dead. The total losers are the ones that died beliving in some sky fairy thier whole lives and wasted thier lives expecting with thier last breath that there is a promise awaiting them. They will never know it of course because they are dead...but I do. If you are breathing...you are still a winner.

Don't be a dreamer? Where would we be without dreamers?

I don't know your situation but everyday I am thankful for what I have, who I know, who I have that loves me and I realize I my not ever have the money of many people, but I have a life full of riches, blessings and love.

I know who I am and what I am. It is far more satisfying than wishing I had what others have.

defeat1.jpg

I almost once started to feel a tiny little bit like what a loser might feel like on the fist step towards loser-ville, but then, by the Divine hand of providence, I bumped into Jillian!

True story.

@ gin - Just wondering. Sheesh

Everyone has moments of depression, for some they last longer then for the others'. The trick is to remind oneself that no one can succeed in everything, so we have to have our priorities.

If your priority is to become a multi-BILLIONAIRE and you did not become one, then you have two choices: to get depressed or to re-examine your priorities.

PS
Those who say "no" to a topic question are liars.

One time I bought a Lottery ticket.

When the drawing took place not a single number matched my ticket.

I felt like a total loser and couldn't sleep for days because I was so distraught. :cool:

Forum List

Back