Do you Favor Increasing the Topical Content of Threads? (Read OP 1st)

Would You Support a Requirement for MORE Topical Content in Every Post ?

• Yes -- Sign Me Up --- I Hate Trolls

• No Way -- It Would Stunt My Trolling Style

• I Plead the 5th -- Not gonna get me to incriminate myself

• It's Fine the Way It Is.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is

I do generally attempt to bring some insightful questioning on an issue..... Even if all it is is a tune... But there'a other times I need a fifth...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:booze:

Keep this conversation on the topic of the poll. It's NOT a gripefest about moderation or your opposing political team. The reason for this poll is to get membership feedback on a possible means to reduce the troll population. Let's be frank. BOTH sides are bitching about out of control trolls. That's a fact. Frustration levels are high.. That's NOT a USMB Moderation fault. It's the way the 2 tribes have polarized this country that is the problem.

All Zone2 and 3 rules are focused on TOPIC CONTROL. If you respect the topic -----

1) You'll hardly ever hear from moderation.
2) You're not trolling.

So if you want to REDUCE the troll population, folks need to up their up their "topical discussion" game. Currently, too many only use token references to the specific topic before they haul off and WHACK someone personally or go off onto a thread diverting rant. We could easily just change the requirement to be MOSTLY topical discussion.. That would spell doom for all trolls right there.

THINK before you vote. Every one would be focusing more on topical discussion, much less on trolling or personal flaming. So YOU are making a PERSONAL commitment with your vote.

This is NOT been discussed as a Staff Issue. There are NO PLANS to change the way we judge posts and content. So it's my neck hanging out asking the question...

I'd be more interested in seeing original content consisting of more than "Well, well, what do you know..." or some such shit prior to the cut-n-paste...

Trolling is often hard to define because it can be in the eye of the beholder. For us mods determining content level is often easier.

I get the sense that sone folks want safe space, for want of a better term, to discuss things with like minded folks without the usual sideshows.

I have seen other places that have seperate sections for conservative, lib, indie only members. Maybe that is a possible solution.

is

Or increasing the number of people a person can include in a PM..... Like puchasing a Gold Membership.

*****SMILE*****

:)

If the mods had no personal vendettas I could agree but that is not the case..
Dude, that is only human. Slap them around when they pretend to wear the "normal poster allowed to troll and deflect and derail"-hat, see them changing the hat to "cease your trolling"-hat.
I enjoy a little spar now and again, spices up life...But the mods need to stop inviting everyone to play by their rules..Not all mods just a couple....

Last edited:
Dude, that is only human. Slap them around when they pretend to wear the "normal poster allowed to troll and deflect and derail"-hat, see them changing the hat to "cease your trolling"-hat.
I enjoy a little spar now and again, spices up life...But the mods need to stop inviting everyone play by their rules..Not all mods just a couple....
Lighten up. This moping does not suit you. Just avoid the specific twats.

I enjoy a little spar now and again, spices up life...But the mods need to stop inviting everyone play by their rules..Not all mods just a couple....
Lighten up. This moping does not suit you. Just avoid the specific twats.
I always do but like to pour a little salt in the wound...

Mods could try to move troll threads into more appropriate places instead of encouraging the thread starting trolls starting threads in zone #2 and then removing posts calling out the thread starting troll. That would be a good start. Baby steps.

Mods could try to move troll threads into more appropriate places instead of encouraging the thread starting trolls starting threads in zone #2 and then removing posts calling out the thread starting troll. That would be a good start. Baby steps.

strangely, there used to be a place called the flame zone for that

The real Usmb politics is about alpha male quizzes and accusing the special counsel of being a murderer. Not flame zone material.

The real Usmb politics is about alpha male quizzes and accusing the special counsel of being a murderer. Not flame zone material.

true

Well a couple issues about that. Mods aren't always on, and secondly depending on who reports a thread that needs to be moved... it depends then on what mod gets the report from you and whether they like you or not.

Well a couple issues about that. Mods aren't always on, and secondly depending on who reports a thread that needs to be moved... it depends then on what mod gets the report from you and whether they like you or not.
Yeah. I get that. But when a mod queefs around in a thread and even removes certain posts, then i assume that the mod is aware of the thread. That is how I roll.

Keep this conversation on the topic of the poll. It's NOT a gripefest about moderation or your opposing political team. The reason for this poll is to get membership feedback on a possible means to reduce the troll population. Let's be frank. BOTH sides are bitching about out of control trolls. That's a fact. Frustration levels are high.. That's NOT a USMB Moderation fault. It's the way the 2 tribes have polarized this country that is the problem.

All Zone2 and 3 rules are focused on TOPIC CONTROL. If you respect the topic -----

1) You'll hardly ever hear from moderation.
2) You're not trolling.

So if you want to REDUCE the troll population, folks need to up their up their "topical discussion" game. Currently, too many only use token references to the specific topic before they haul off and WHACK someone personally or go off onto a thread diverting rant. We could easily just change the requirement to be MOSTLY topical discussion.. That would spell doom for all trolls right there.

THINK before you vote. Every one would be focusing more on topical discussion, much less on trolling or personal flaming. So YOU are making a PERSONAL commitment with your vote.

This is NOT been discussed as a Staff Issue. There are NO PLANS to change the way we judge posts and content. So it's my neck hanging out asking the question...
We already have a forum where trolling is prohibited.

Meister said:
A new forum has been added to the board with the intent of having civil debates or discussions on a wide variety of topics without the flames, name calling, trolling, hijacking, etc.

This forum will be heavily moderated to protect the integrity of the content within.

Warnings, infractions, and bannings will be enforced at the discretion of the moderators. A 3 strike rule will apply. After 3 warnings for failing to follow the guidelines posted below a members privileges will be PERMANENTLY revoked in this forum section. This is done to protect the integrity of this forum.
Do NOT respond to a member who violates the guidelines with a like minded post; REPORT IT.

No Name Calling Or Putting Down Posters
No Trolling and/or Troll Threads
No Hijacking
No Personal Attacks
No Neg Repping

Posters not wanting their threads spoiled by trolls should put them in the CDZ.

Moderation of a site offering such freedoms as we have here is a tough job. Some do well at it. Some do not. I'm not naming any particular moderator, but one in particular will have to wait 'til hell freezes over to get a compliment from me.

I say leave the board rules as they are and couple that with uniform enforcement by unbiased (politically) moderation. Thread ban anyone that violates the rules even once. Forum ban anyone that violates the rules twice in the same forum. Site ban for a month anyone that violates the rules three times anywhere. Permanently ban anyone that violates the rules four times (including violations that may have led to previous bans).

Provide a new forum called INVITATION ONLY FORUMS. Let founders of such forums approve of a single moderator for their forum. Let anyone read in all the forums. Let only members post in their forums. Restrict membership to one forum only.

Provide a new forum called OPEN GROUP FORUMS. Let anyone join any group therein. Assign moderators as in all other (except Invite Only) forums.

All will be well in Hooterville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back