Do You Miss Him Yet?

Nearly every Republican voted for the war
Most Democrats voted against it
Bush pulled the trigger in spite of being urged not to

Yet, Republicans still try to blame the Democrats

You forgot to mention that quite a number of Democrats who originally voted no demanded a 2nd vote so they could change their vote to yes after voters yelled at them. Then after Democrats took control of congress in 2007 they had two years to defund the Iraq war and didn't.

Typical with libs you get half the story spun into a false narrative.
Be serious

You can't defund a war once boots are on the ground

Obama could have taken the boots off the ground though and didn't
Of course he did. He followed the agreement reached by Bush with Iraq for the Status of Forces and removed our troops on that timetable.

Right he did nothing, he followed W's plan. After campaigning against W's policy, he came in and changed nothing. He didn't take the boots off the ground, W did.

As for all the troops that died from his taking office until we left, Obama made those deaths pointless. He could have pulled them out when he took office. Instead he let them die for a plan he planned to lose, they died for nothing because of him. I opposed W and the invasion, but at least it wasn't W's plan to lose

Speaking of this when was the last time we heard a weekly body count from the MSM...yeah not since Obama was sworn in, shocker. /sarcasm

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Nearly every Republican voted for the war
Most Democrats voted against it
Bush pulled the trigger in spite of being urged not to

Yet, Republicans still try to blame the Democrats

You forgot to mention that quite a number of Democrats who originally voted no demanded a 2nd vote so they could change their vote to yes after voters yelled at them. Then after Democrats took control of congress in 2007 they had two years to defund the Iraq war and didn't.

Be serious

Of course he did. He followed the agreement reached by Bush with Iraq for the Status of Forces and removed our troops on that timetable.

Right he did nothing, he followed W's plan. After campaigning against W's policy, he came in and changed nothing. He didn't take the boots off the ground, W did.

As for all the troops that died from his taking office until we left, Obama made those deaths pointless. He could have pulled them out when he took office. Instead he let them die for a plan he planned to lose, they died for nothing because of him. I opposed W and the invasion, but at least it wasn't W's plan to lose

You want to talk about pointless deaths, you merely need to look at a war started where all the terrorists were 1200 miles away from the fighting.

Be serious

You want to talk about pointless deaths, you merely need to look at a war started where all the terrorists were 1200 miles away from the fighting.

So your plan was to wait for them to sneak into the US and attack us a second time? That's brilliant lib.

Be serious

I'm not sure how you contradicted me, maybe you could be a little more specific

Be serious

We went to Iraq over WMD that was non existent, while ignoring the terrorists who brought down the twin towers who were in Afghanistan.

Be serious

So your plan was to wait for them to sneak into the US and attack us a second time? That's brilliant lib.

Since I didn't say any such thing it must mean you are making stuff up in your little mind. There were no terrorists in Iraq.

We went to Iraq over WMD that was non existent, while ignoring the terrorists who brought down the twin towers who were in Afghanistan.
Um, you understand we invaded Afghanistan FIRST and THEN invaded Iraq, right?

Yes I do and the effort was milquetoast. There were no terrorists in Iraq period. We should have concentrated on Afghanistan early on and stayed there instead of reducing our effort so they could go after Saddam Hussein.

Gotcha, so you were agreeing with me. W shouldn't have invaded Iraq and Obama should have brought the troops home when he took office rather than leaving them there 18 more months to die for nothing

Since I didn't say any such thing it must mean you are making stuff up in your little mind. There were no terrorists in Iraq.

Saddam wasn't a terrorist? LOL, see that's what's wrong with liberals. You are so black and white about everything. You say we shouldn't have invaded Iraq, but then you go loony tunes and nominate Hussein for the Mother Teresa award.

The guy was a bad guy and supported terrorism all over the middle east. He invaded his neighbors and murdered his own people. We just don't need to take every problem in the world on as our own

He doesn't understand how to boil water. Can you take him on your side?

Yes I do and the effort was milquetoast. There were no terrorists in Iraq period. We should have concentrated on Afghanistan early on and stayed there instead of reducing our effort so they could go after Saddam Hussein.

You are so full of shit. Saddam was a terrorist and he armed and funded terrorists

Gotcha, so you were agreeing with me. W shouldn't have invaded and Obama should have brought the troops home when he took office rather than leaving them there 18 more months to die for nothing

No I am not agreeing with you. W invaded the wrong country and 5,500 service members died for WMD that did not exist and although W did invade Afghanistan, he changed the calculus of deployment and concentrated his efforts in the wrong place. Obama did try to keep troops on the ground but Iraq refused to grant the troops immunity which made staying impossible.

The kindness and humility of Bush. It is just refreshing to be reminded of a time when a president was a decent human being who cared about people and wasnt full of himself.
President Bush s Opening Pitch at Yankee Stadium After 9-11 High Quality - YouTube

The kindness and humility of Bush. It is just refreshing to be reminded of a time when a president was a decent human being who cared about people and wasnt full of himself.
President Bush s Opening Pitch at Yankee Stadium After 9-11 High Quality - YouTube

I don't miss this:

abc_wn_wardead_090226_ms.jpg

I'm not at all surprised you do.

Saddam wasn't a terrorist? LOL, see that's what's wrong with liberals. You are so black and white about everything. You say we shouldn't have invaded Iraq, but then you go loony tunes and nominate Hussein for the Mother Teresa award.

The guy was a bad guy and supported terrorism all over the middle east. He invaded his neighbors and murdered his own people. We just don't need to take every problem in the world on as our own

There was no Al Qaeda in Iraq before the war. Al Qaeda was in Afghanistan where W removed 90% of our forces to run off to Iraq.

Gotcha, so you were agreeing with me. W shouldn't have invaded and Obama should have brought the troops home when he took office rather than leaving them there 18 more months to die for nothing

No I am not agreeing with you. W invaded the wrong country and 5,500 service members died for WMD that did not exist and although W did invade Afghanistan, he changed the calculus of deployment and concentrated his efforts in the wrong place. Obama did try to keep troops on the ground but Iraq refused to grant the troops immunity which made staying impossible.

You're not into that whole space time continuum and chronological time thing, are you? How do you invade the wrong country when you already invaded the right country? We just shouldn't have invaded, stop saying stupid things. Seriously, can you go over to Rabbi's side? That would make this debate a lot more winnable

Obama knew the timeline and be honest, he made zero serious effort to extend the agreement. He should have brought the troops home when he took office. Leaving them there 18 months to fight while he had already decided they would lose was murder, they were dying for nothing

There was no Al Qaeda in Iraq before the war. Al Qaeda was in Afghanistan where W removed 90% of our forces to run off to Iraq.

You don't know that. I agree Rabbi needs help, but seriously, why are you helping him since you're not supposed to be on his side?

He doesn't understand how to boil water. Can you take him on your side?
Not a chance. Totally clueless? Opposed to sending troops anywhere? Sounds like he's ripe for conversion to your side.

You understand that faux-narrative was debunked by two of Obama's own SecDefs, right? Obama could have left troops there and chose not to.

You don't know that. I agree Rabbi needs help, but seriously, why are you helping him since you're not supposed to be on his side?

I do know that and I can't believe you want to stubbornly hold on to flawed arguments. I repeat, there was no Al Qaeda in Iraq before the war, the war caused Al Qaeda membership to grow.

Forum List

Back