• Yes

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I pray, but not every day

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
400dba2de1d95f2621c4da1656d02072.jpg

one of my favorite quotes from Ravenhill.......

A man who is intimate with God
is not intimidated by man.
-Leonard Ravenhill

Jere, thank you for your opinions and examples. To be martyred for Christ comes in many ways. It may required blood and physical suffering and even death. In the Kentucky clerk's case, right now, she is subjet to the sanctions of the law and the mockery of her enemies.

Ky. clerk defies court on gay-marriage licenses

Jake, those are not my opinions I just share with you. Those are the Word of the King James Bible in Revelation 20:4 which says:

And I saw the thrones and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev. 20:4

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Rev. 20:5, 6

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev. 20:7,8

So according to the Written Word of God (which we must go by the Written Word in the Bible not our own opinions - God fulfills His Own Word - not our "opinions") those who share in the first resurrection are beheaded for the witness of Christ because they refuse to deny Him, refuse to deny the Written Word of God, refuse to take the mark of the Beast or worship the Beast nor his image. They also receive Martyrs crowns to cast at the feet of Jesus Christ. They also are given the honor of being seated on the 12 thrones and judging the 12 tribes of Israel (I can give you the scripture if you want it) and the world and the angels - they are also given the honor of ruling and reigning with Jesus Christ for a thousand years without the devil being on the earth during that time! What's not to want???!!!
Revelations is about End of Days, the time of which no man knows.

Jere, do you not know you martyr yourself to the world every day you do the Lord's will? That means today. You may suffer greatly, you may not, but you will be doing the Lord's Will.

I caution you gently to be careful, verily so, in differing between the Word and your opinion of the Word. Above is an example. You used an End Times example that may or may not be applicable today. You should make that distinction up front.

Jere, thank you for your opinions and examples. To be martyred for Christ comes in many ways. It may required blood and physical suffering and even death. In the Kentucky clerk's case, right now, she is subjet to the sanctions of the law and the mockery of her enemies.

Jake, those are not my opinions I just share with you. Those are the Word of the King James Bible in Revelation 20:4 which says:

And I saw the thrones and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they reigned with Christ a thousand years.

But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

So according to the Written Word of God (which we must go by the Written Word in the Bible not our own opinions - God fulfills His Own Word - not our "opinions") those who share in the first resurrection are beheaded for the witness of Christ because they refuse to deny Him, refuse to deny the Written Word of God, refuse to take the mark of the Beast or worship the Beast nor his image. They also receive Martyrs crowns to cast at the feet of Jesus Christ. They also are given the honor of being seated on the 12 thrones and judging the 12 tribes of Israel (I can give you the scripture if you want it) and the world and the angels - they are also given the honor of ruling and reigning with Jesus Christ for a thousand years without the devil being on the earth during that time! What's not to want???!!!

Jere, do you not know you martyr yourself to the world every day you do the Lord's will? That means today. You may suffer greatly, you may not, but you will be doing the Lord's Will.

I caution you gently to be careful, verily so, in differing between the Word and your opinion of the Word. Above is an example. You used an End Times example that may or may not be applicable today. You should make that distinction up front.

We are in the end days that Daniel spoke of, Jake. Will we see the Great Tribulation in our time? I believe we will but perhaps we won't. It is all in God's hands. All things are in God's hands, Jake. So we trust in Him and He will fulfill His will in our lives. Whatever that may be. To God be the Glory.

We do need to redeem the time and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost and call the backslidden to return to the LORD because we know the time is short.

We are in the end days that Daniel spoke of, Jake. Will we see the Great Tribulation in our time? I believe we will but perhaps we won't. It is all in God's hands. All things are in God's hands, Jake. So we trust in Him and He will fulfill His will in our lives. Whatever that may be. To God be the Glory.

We do need to redeem the time and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the lost and call the backslidden to return to the LORD because we know the time is short.
That's you opinion, yes, but the fact is that no man knows His coming.

Now I want you to trust in Him, commune with Him, and I want you to listen in prayer not talk. Try all of that as a prayer language. Try praying without speaking.

That's you opinion, yes, but the fact is that no man knows His coming.

Now I want you to trust in Him, commune with Him, and I want you to listen in prayer not talk. Try all of that as a prayer language. Try praying without speaking.

There are all forms of prayer, Jake, and yes, I do wait on the LORD in prayer and quietness. I also pray the Scriptures, the Psalms and above all that God's will be done! We are to pray without ceasing. Prayer should be continually going up to the Father, in Jesus Name.

You'll appreciate the maxim I'm about to post next.......

Here are more of Ravenhill's quotes, as if they were just for you, Jere.

"If weak in prayer, we are weak everywhere."

"Men give advice; God gives guidance."

Work on listening to God. Humble your spirit to hear. You are making progress.

The church are the invisible body of believers in Jesus Christ.

I love Whitefield.

The church are the invisible body of believers in Jesus Christ.

I love Whitefield.

I agree that the church are the body of believers in Jesus Christ but we are not invisible, Jake. People can see us because we are here physically.

But the good news is that Judgment begins in the House of the LORD and so we know that the tares are removed first and taken away to be burned - this is in Scripture that the tares are taken away first (some are even in the pulpits!) and so when the church is cleansed and the bride is brought forth without spot or wrinkle what a glorious Bride she will be! I'm excited for the days ahead! The judgment of God begins in the House of God. The church is about to be purified! It is happening even now! I praise Jesus Christ for this!

it is written:

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1 Peter 4:17

I believe two things are about to happen. There will be a great falling away and through great trials and persecutions the true church will emerge and the harvest will be very, very great!

Forum List

Back