Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
Gracie
George Carlin Speaks from the Flames of Hell

Date: 08/29/08 - 2554 days ago.
Category: ATHEISM

(Luke 16:19-31)

"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. "The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.' "But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.' "He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.' "Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.' " 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.' "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' " (Luke 16:19-31)

George Carlin speaks from the flames of hell. This June, comic George Carlin died. Carlin spent his comedic career mocking God, Jesus, the Bible, and Christians. He would refer to God as the "invisible man in the sky." On June 22, 2008 as Carlin took his last breath, he met the "invisible man in the sky" as each person will the moment they die. Unless Carlin, in the last moment of his life asked Jesus to forgive him for his sins and accepted Christ by faith, he was judged for his sins and cast into the flames of hell for all eternity.

I am certain that a couple of months later, if Carlin could speak to his many fans today, he would be sharing with them a completely different message about God, Jesus, the Bible, and the Christian faith. I imagine he would be like the rich man in that incredible passage of Scripture from Luke's Gospel, trying to warn his family and friends about the horrors of hell. He would no longer be speaking as George Carlin the famous comedian, but as George Carlin, simply a man who because of his rejection of Jesus Christ has been sentenced to eternity in hell as payment for his sins.

The Bible clearly tells us that tomorrow is promised to none of us. The fact is, the moment we take our last breath we will stand before God. At that instant, there is only one thing that will matter and that is whether you have accepted Jesus Christ into your heart and life by faith. At that moment, those who have accepted Him will be forever with God their Creator. Those who have rejected Him will be forever separated from God their Creator. It is impossible for us with our finite minds to even begin to comprehend the glory of Heaven, being with God our Creator for eternity. Likewise, it is impossible for us to even begin to imagine the horrors of Hell, being separated from God our Creator for eternity.

HELL IS NOT A BAD VACATION, IT IS ETERNAL SEPARATION FROM GOD YOUR CREATOR AND THERE ARE NO WORDS THAT COULD EVER DESCRIBE THAT HORROR!!!

The Bible, which is our final authority in ALL matters is very clear on death. It is final. There is no such thing as reincarnation, we are not coming back as a petunia. We don't die and go to some special place where people can pray us into Heaven over time. The moment we die our body is no longer of any use and our soul lives on for eternity, either forever with God, or forever separated from Him. That eternal destination is determined by only ONE THING, our relationship with Jesus Christ.

Being a member of a certain church CANNOT save you. Being baptized as a baby CANNOT save you. The faith of your parents CANNOT save you. Good works CANNOT save you. A pastor or priest simply praying over you while you are dying CANNOT save you. The ONLY THING that can save you is putting your faith in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. It is a choice, a conscious choice, that YOU and YOU ALONE have to make BEFORE you die.

Sadly, based on his own words over a lifetime, Carlin rejected the love of Jesus Christ and His death on the cross as payment for his sins. The Bible tells us that "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." You see my friend, it is our SIN that separates us from a Holy and Righteous God, and why only faith in Jesus Christ, who paid for our sins can allow us to be reconciled to God. I am sure George Carlin did many good works throughout his life. However, the Bible tells us in Ephesians 2:8,9 that good works will not save you.

No doubt a man who understood the Christian faith so well that he mocked it throughout his life, who chose to reject the love of Christ, had many people over the years share with him that faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to be saved. As famous as he was, as great a career as he had, all of that meant nothing the moment he died. At that moment, the only thing that mattered was if George Carlin has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The Bible clearly teaches that all who deny the Lord will die in their sins and be cast into hell for all eternity.

I have no doubt that somewhere in the world, within a few minutes of the passing of George Carlin, a man that had accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior also died. This man was not known by the world, he did not have great fame, but death is the great equalizer. If Carlin died without Christ, this man that was known and admired by the world, this man that had all this world could offer, was instantly cast into eternal darkness. At the same time, the man who DID know Jesus, who had no fame or fortune in this life, was instantly ushered into the presence of Almighty God for eternity. "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, but lose his soul?"

I love you and care about you so much. Being a famous person in this life does NOT guarantee you anything when this brief journey is over. Each person is responsible for their own eternal destination by their choice in regard to Jesus Christ. You see, it was Jesus that died on a cross 2,000 years ago for your sins and mine. That is why ONLY faith in Jesus can save you. The good news is that God's free gift of everlasting life is available to everyone. I have no doubt that if George Carlin could speak from the flames of hell, he would not be doing a comedy routine, but warning people that there really is a God, He has a Son named Jesus, and faith in Jesus Christ is your only hope now and for all eternity!!!

If right now, this very moment, you do not have the assurance that when your life is over, you will be forever with God, the Bible says that TODAY is the day of salvation. You never have to doubt or wonder again. Bow your head right now, ask God to open your heart, and read the words at this following link: www.liveprayer.com/bdy_salvatn.html. I will be praying for you as you make the most important decision that you will make in this life, where you will spend eternity.

In His love and service, Your friend and brother in Christ, Bill Keller

Not anymore. I did as a child. First, out of fear of God. That's how I was taught in school and in Church.

Parochial school taught me about how bad I was. Which made me feel guilty. Which made me pray.

As a child I remember watching the clouds as I walked. They seemed to move along in stride with my every step. In my mind, it was God following me. Which made me feel yet more afraid. Almost paranoid. So I prayed more.

Before I hit my teens, mom and dad were at terrible odds and we were financially destitute. Nine hungry mouths, not enough income to pay the mortgage, and no "social safety nets". (This was the 60's).

I remember hearing from my bed at night terrible arguments, crashing dishes, slamming doors. I stopped praying out of a fear of God and began praying out of fear for my family.

Soon after, dad died. So I prayed for him and his soul. As I was taught to do.

At age 12, I was charged with the care of my three younger siblings, as Mom was inevitably tasked with trying to save Dad's business from certain ruin.

At that moment in my life, I had no time for prayer.

Prayer is like buying a lottery ticket. You are more likely to be hit by lightning than you are to win the lottery.

You are even less likely to have prayers "answered" by God. :lol:

You stupid deluded, delusional, deceived idiots.

Last edited:
It is written
...by men. Hundreds of years later.
It is written

Wrong. It was recorded by men but the Holy Spirit is the author of the Scriptures. The Word of God is alive and active .....it is supernatural and has the power to convert the souls of men. Words from ordinary men are not able to do that - Only the Word of God can do that, Synthaholic.

it is written:

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12
Wow you started out normal but you're turning out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing so to speak. You never know until you find out if a person takes the bible literally or not.

So Jonah lived in the belly of a whale? Jesus said he did.

You don't see Jesus is just the ultimate martyr in your story.

Jonah survived 3 days in the belly of a whale - he didn't live there permanently. Jesus did say he was inside the belly of a whale for three days because he was! Jesus spoke the truth. You shouldn't doubt it, Sealy.
How did it take you so long to come out the nutter closet? How did it take me so long to realize you're one of those. Lol. You're harmless though. In fact pleasant but now admit you believe if I keep up my ways I risk hell.

If you believe that, all that nice talk first is something I would expect from a devil demon or false prophet.

I wake up.... and I think of HIM

Glory to GOD

so yes daily

Amen, Skye! It may have been on a different thread I mentioned that some years ago my main time of prayer in the morning - I was not speaking but just being before Him and waiting on Him, thinking about Him and His Word. That is prayer too - to commune with God is to be in prayer before Him ( in my heart I believe that to be prayer - there are many forms of prayer)

Not anymore. I did as a child. First, out of fear of God. That's how I was taught in school and in Church.

Parochial school taught me about how bad I was. Which made me feel guilty. Which made me pray.

As a child I remember watching the clouds as I walked. They seemed to move along in stride with my every step. In my mind, it was God following me. Which made me feel yet more afraid. Almost paranoid. So I prayed more.

Before I hit my teens, mom and dad were at terrible odds and we were financially destitute. Nine hungry mouths, not enough income to pay the mortgage, and no "social safety nets". (This was the 60's).

I remember hearing from my bed at night terrible arguments, crashing dishes, slamming doors. I stopped praying out of a fear of God and began praying out of fear for my family.

Soon after, dad died. So I prayed for him and his soul. As I was taught to do.

At age 12, I was charged with the care of my three younger siblings, as Mom was inevitably tasked with trying to save Dad's business from certain ruin.

At that moment in my life, I had no time for prayer.

Prayer is like buying a lottery ticket. You are more likely to be hit by lightning than you are to win the lottery.

You are less likely to have prayers "answered" by God. :lol:

You stupid deluded, delusional, deceived idiots.

I know the LORD loves you, Mr. H. and your childhood sounds a great deal like mine did! A living nightmare. I attended parochial school early on because my grandparents paid for it. I hated everything about it. Everything. Interesting you should mention the clouds as I often thought of God when I saw clouds as a child.

It is written
It is written

Wrong. It was recorded by men but the Holy Spirit is the author of the Scriptures. The Word of God is alive and active .....it is supernatural and has the power to convert the souls of men. Words from ordinary men are not able to do that - Only the Word of God can do that, Synthaholic.

it is written:

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12
Wow you started out normal but you're turning out to be a wolf in sheep's clothing so to speak. You never know until you find out if a person takes the bible literally or not.

So Jonah lived in the belly of a whale? Jesus said he did.

You don't see Jesus is just the ultimate martyr in your story.

Jonah survived 3 days in the belly of a whale - he didn't live there permanently. Jesus did say he was inside the belly of a whale for three days because he was! Jesus spoke the truth. You shouldn't doubt it, Sealy.
How did it take you so long to come out the nutter closet? How did it take me so long to realize you're one of those. Lol. You're harmless though. In fact pleasant but now admit you believe if I keep up my ways I risk hell.

If you believe that, all that nice talk first is something I would expect from a devil demon or false prophet.

I believe that God will answer my prayers for you and you will be in heaven one day after you've had a very long and blessed life here on earth, Sealybobo. That is what I believe about you.

Unless Carlin, in the last moment of his life asked Jesus to forgive him for his sins and accepted Christ by faith,
And you nor anyone else knows what happened when he died, right? So just stop the judging. Sheesh.

Gracie

Date: 08/29/08 - 2554 days ago.
Category: ATHEISM

(Luke 16:19-31)

"There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. "The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.' "But Abraham replied, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.' "He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.' "Abraham replied, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.' " 'No, father Abraham,' he said, 'but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.' "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' " (Luke 16:19-31)

George Carlin speaks from the flames of hell. This June, comic George Carlin died. Carlin spent his comedic career mocking God, Jesus, the Bible, and Christians. He would refer to God as the "invisible man in the sky." On June 22, 2008 as Carlin took his last breath, he met the "invisible man in the sky" as each person will the moment they die. Unless Carlin, in the last moment of his life asked Jesus to forgive him for his sins and accepted Christ by faith, he was judged for his sins and cast into the flames of hell for all eternity.

I am certain that a couple of months later, if Carlin could speak to his many fans today, he would be sharing with them a completely different message about God, Jesus, the Bible, and the Christian faith. I imagine he would be like the rich man in that incredible passage of Scripture from Luke's Gospel, trying to warn his family and friends about the horrors of hell. He would no longer be speaking as George Carlin the famous comedian, but as George Carlin, simply a man who because of his rejection of Jesus Christ has been sentenced to eternity in hell as payment for his sins.

The Bible clearly tells us that tomorrow is promised to none of us. The fact is, the moment we take our last breath we will stand before God. At that instant, there is only one thing that will matter and that is whether you have accepted Jesus Christ into your heart and life by faith. At that moment, those who have accepted Him will be forever with God their Creator. Those who have rejected Him will be forever separated from God their Creator. It is impossible for us with our finite minds to even begin to comprehend the glory of Heaven, being with God our Creator for eternity. Likewise, it is impossible for us to even begin to imagine the horrors of Hell, being separated from God our Creator for eternity.

HELL IS NOT A BAD VACATION, IT IS ETERNAL SEPARATION FROM GOD YOUR CREATOR AND THERE ARE NO WORDS THAT COULD EVER DESCRIBE THAT HORROR!!!

The Bible, which is our final authority in ALL matters is very clear on death. It is final. There is no such thing as reincarnation, we are not coming back as a petunia. We don't die and go to some special place where people can pray us into Heaven over time. The moment we die our body is no longer of any use and our soul lives on for eternity, either forever with God, or forever separated from Him. That eternal destination is determined by only ONE THING, our relationship with Jesus Christ.

Being a member of a certain church CANNOT save you. Being baptized as a baby CANNOT save you. The faith of your parents CANNOT save you. Good works CANNOT save you. A pastor or priest simply praying over you while you are dying CANNOT save you. The ONLY THING that can save you is putting your faith in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. It is a choice, a conscious choice, that YOU and YOU ALONE have to make BEFORE you die.

Sadly, based on his own words over a lifetime, Carlin rejected the love of Jesus Christ and His death on the cross as payment for his sins. The Bible tells us that "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." You see my friend, it is our SIN that separates us from a Holy and Righteous God, and why only faith in Jesus Christ, who paid for our sins can allow us to be reconciled to God. I am sure George Carlin did many good works throughout his life. However, the Bible tells us in Ephesians 2:8,9 that good works will not save you.

No doubt a man who understood the Christian faith so well that he mocked it throughout his life, who chose to reject the love of Christ, had many people over the years share with him that faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to be saved. As famous as he was, as great a career as he had, all of that meant nothing the moment he died. At that moment, the only thing that mattered was if George Carlin has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The Bible clearly teaches that all who deny the Lord will die in their sins and be cast into hell for all eternity.

I have no doubt that somewhere in the world, within a few minutes of the passing of George Carlin, a man that had accepted Jesus Christ as his Savior also died. This man was not known by the world, he did not have great fame, but death is the great equalizer. If Carlin died without Christ, this man that was known and admired by the world, this man that had all this world could offer, was instantly cast into eternal darkness. At the same time, the man who DID know Jesus, who had no fame or fortune in this life, was instantly ushered into the presence of Almighty God for eternity. "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world, but lose his soul?"

I love you and care about you so much. Being a famous person in this life does NOT guarantee you anything when this brief journey is over. Each person is responsible for their own eternal destination by their choice in regard to Jesus Christ. You see, it was Jesus that died on a cross 2,000 years ago for your sins and mine. That is why ONLY faith in Jesus can save you. The good news is that God's free gift of everlasting life is available to everyone. I have no doubt that if George Carlin could speak from the flames of hell, he would not be doing a comedy routine, but warning people that there really is a God, He has a Son named Jesus, and faith in Jesus Christ is your only hope now and for all eternity!!!

If right now, this very moment, you do not have the assurance that when your life is over, you will be forever with God, the Bible says that TODAY is the day of salvation. You never have to doubt or wonder again. Bow your head right now, ask God to open your heart, and read the words at this following link: www.liveprayer.com/bdy_salvatn.html. I will be praying for you as you make the most important decision that you will make in this life, where you will spend eternity.

In His love and service, Your friend and brother in Christ, Bill Keller
What do you call a person who praises someone's honesty and leaves out the part about thinking I'll burn in hell for eternity for it? When were you going to tell me? We talked about this before today. What if I would have died this morning?

I really do dislike religious zealots.

I do,however, have a personal accord with Christ's mother, Mary.

I did once pray to her for weeks on end. And those prayers were answered. And I have accepted that answer as a miracle that was meant for me and only me. The shit was for real. It blew my fucking mind.

Better than any acid I ever did. :thup:

Unless Carlin, in the last moment of his life asked Jesus to forgive him for his sins and accepted Christ by faith,
And you nor anyone else knows what happened when he died, right? So just stop the judging. Sheesh.

He died of a sudden cardiac arrest, Gracie, before a show as I understand it - which means he had full intention of continuing on in the same sin he had been living in for many years - as his heart attack was sudden? He had no time to repent. It would be like someone who knows they need to repent of their sins and accept Jesus Christ as their LORD and Savior right now - going to sleep tonight presuming on the grace of God that they will wake up tomorrow only to find themselves waking up in hell hours later - because they died during the night.

Being given time to arrange one's final eternity by way of a death bed confession is not always how it works out. Sometimes it is sudden and the person is caught entirely unprepared. Which is why the Bible tells us that TODAY is the day of Salvation. Today. Not tomorrow. Today.

God wants you to talk to Him all the time.
with all respect

GOD doesn't want anything

HE IS beyond that

why human beings give Our CREATOR humanoid characteristics?
Jesus Christ came in the flesh as a human being to die on a cross and reconcile us back to the Father - to restore the relationship He created us to have in the Garden, Skye. God created man and woman to have fellowship with Him. To have a relationship - to be His Family!

What is wonderful is that there is not a single person on this board that cannot have that relationship with Jesus Christ and be forgiven of all of their past, their sins, be healed of all their past hurts, disappointments, be delivered of all that is holding them in bondage tonight - there is not a single person on this board that God would not save them if they came to His Son and repented of their sins tonight. Not a one. How great is the love of God for mankind! Truly His mercy and forgiveness is very, very great!

God wants you to talk to Him all the time.
with all respect

GOD doesn't want anything

HE IS beyond that

why human beings give Our CREATOR humanoid characteristics?

I guess you never heard of Jesus; you know- fully God fully MAN....

again

with all respect

the SON
is not
the FATHER

GLORY TO GOD

It is written:
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
John 14:9

And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
John 12:45

Forum List

Back