Do you really want to go to "Heaven" when you die?

I plan to set up a pub on the landing between the 2nd and 3rd Circles of Hell.

Some people believe in a meme or myths. I prefer something of more substance like the Bible.

Why do I believe in an afterlife? You only live twice. Also, one can't take anything from the physical world even if they get buried with their possessions. Then, which came first the spiritual or the materialistic or physical world? Finally, I have faith that the spiritual is what gives our bodies life and the chance to experience all the goodness in the world. You can't do that with just the physical. This life doesn't start that way.
The Bible is a book of Myths.

Not really. From the Greek Mythos, a myth is a type of story that uses the personification of nature in its stories. These differ from fables which use the personification of animals. The Bible cannot be labeled a textbook, an Encyclopedia, myth or fable. It is a book of stories, and if we were to analyze many of them they would fall more into the category of legend or perhaps historical fiction. They may be based on fact, but they are not completely factual; they are designed to teach a truth or a lesson.

The reason we speak of Greek and Roman mythologies is because those gods are the personification of nature. I love mythology, I love fables, I love fairy tales, stories, and legends. The Bible fits more into the category of legend. Just a story geek who is just saying...

There's no such thing as afterlife, obviously, even if there were, heaven? Really?

fuck-heaven-fb-comnalhallaforever-vikings-have-sex-food-alcohol-in-2316599.png

The simple answer is "we don't know what happens after"

We can guess, but that's all we have, guesses.

Someone who goes around telling people that their guess is the right answer, is what?
We can use logic and reason to make an informed guess.
No you can't. Not enough factual information to make an informed guess.
You mean like observations that all throughout the natural world there are examples of death-rebirth cycles? Or that the 1st Law of Thermodynamics tells us that matter and energy cannot be destroyed?
Or how about that consciousness cannot be located within the human mind? That as near as we can tell consciousness appears to be impervious to inspection?
Some say it's the neurons. Plants think, just very slowly because they have few neurons far apart. The Universe is full of neurons. But if it thought it would be so slowly who would give a damn.
Plants think, just very slowly because they have few neurons far apart.

... because they have few neurons far apart.

that's new, they have neurons (CMS) and where might that be ... Link

- far apart as in non at all. though indeed all beings posses the same in Spirit ...

Not really. From the Greek Mythos, a myth is a type of story that uses the personification of nature in its stories. These differ from fables which use the personification of animals. The Bible cannot be labeled a textbook, an Encyclopedia, myth or fable. It is a book of stories, and if we were to analyze many of them they would fall more into the category of legend or perhaps historical fiction. They may be based on fact, but they are not completely factual; they are designed to teach a truth or a lesson.

The reason we speak of Greek and Roman mythologies is because those gods are the personification of nature. I love mythology, I love fables, I love fairy tales, stories, and legends. The Bible fits more into the category of legend. Just a story geek who is just saying...
They may be based on fact, but they are not completely factual;

... in fact, they are biased forgeries concocted in the 4th century superimposed on the enlightenment of the 1st.

The simple answer is "we don't know what happens after"

We can guess, but that's all we have, guesses.

Someone who goes around telling people that their guess is the right answer, is what?
You mean like observations that all throughout the natural world there are examples of death-rebirth cycles? Or that the 1st Law of Thermodynamics tells us that matter and energy cannot be destroyed?
Or how about that consciousness cannot be located within the human mind? That as near as we can tell consciousness appears to be impervious to inspection?
Some say it's the neurons. Plants think, just very slowly because they have few neurons far apart. The Universe is full of neurons. But if it thought it would be so slowly who would give a damn.

- far apart as in non at all. though indeed all beings posses the same in Spirit ...

ok, I was wrong. But they do think.
Do Plants Think?

Do Plants Think?
Fascinating article. I loved it.

Do Plants Think?
Let us know if they ever discover fire. Until then, I don't think we need to worry about them.

But, even if some of us believe in an afterlife, and others correctly believe that we just don't know, and "scripture" is all a bunch of made-up horseshit, doesn't Valhalla sound MUCH better than Heaven?
:dunno:

You can't pretend to care about a fetus but not children,

You can't be racist,

You can't lie all the time about political opponents,

You can't support mass murderers

and go to heaven. They are incompatible.

You can't be racist,

You can be Hitler and go to heaven, just ask to be forgiven.

You think I'm going to share the same Hell with Hitler and Gandhi?

You can't be racist,

You can be Hitler and go to heaven, just ask to be forgiven.

You think I'm going to share the same Hell with Hitler and Gandhi?
Don't worry. Someone like Hitler would never become a Christian. But isn't it amazing that God loved us enough to forgive us, if we asked Him to? And it doesn't cost a thing. It's completely free.

You can't be racist,

That's why I want to go to Valhalla. Part of what GETS you there is murder/killing/dying in battle. I wont to get there killing commies/leftists.

DEAD COMMIES OR VALHALLA!!!

You can't be racist,

That's why I want to go to Valhalla. Part of what GETS you there is murder/killing/dying in battle. I wont to get there killing commies/leftists.

DEAD COMMIES OR VALHALLA!!!
You cannot earn your way to heaven, and Valhalla doesn't exist.

Forum List

Back