🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do you Support Planned Parenthood?

You have a link to back up your statement? Didn't think so.

Here's my link.

Medicaid Expansion May Lower Death Rates, Study Says

http://health/policy/medicaid-expansion-may-lower-death-rate-study-says.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Your link says that it "may" lower death rates.

My link says it doesn't.

Will 17,104 Americans Really Die In States That Don't Expand Medicaid? - Forbes

I'm not sure if either link is true. Good statisticians don't typically work for journalists.

Well, if that was the case then nobody would need healthcare....if people don't get medical attention when they are ill, they could die....that's a fact.

And your link is just questioning the number....but some will die. But for people who claim to love life and go all out to protect a fetus, you would think they would do the same for those that have already been born.

I'm an insurance agent. I can't choose options for my clients based on utopian dreams, I can only serve my clients by giving them the best options for them.

Medicaid kills LOTS of people, and they do this by enticing them into substandard medical coverage.

Well, here's something Margaret Sanger, its founder, didn't want you to know.

Margaret-Sanger.jpg

Still support them? :eusa_whistle:

Read more @ Found it on Facebook: Margaret Sanger?s ultimate goal with a link to this 79% of Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinics Target Blacks, Hispanics | LifeNews.com

Planned parenthood serves a function to poor women, birth control, but in reality a lot of the non abortion services can be done thru typical doctor visits. We have hundreds of planned parenthood offices across the country and only 3 percent of the adult female population has even walked into a planned parenthood office.

No! They will not get my support as long as they continue to offer abortion services.

Planned Parenthood receives part of it's funding from government grants. However, by law federal funds cannot be used in anyway for any type of abortion services unless the life of the mother is in danger, or for incest or rape. Who is ensuring that federal funds that are intended for other services are not re-allocated for abortion? Good for states like Tennessee that have defunded planned parenthood.

Planned Parenthood services will prevent more abortions than they perform.
Think of how much more funding they would receive if they eliminated abortions entirely from their clinics.

Abortion is legal in this country and most of the industrialized world. Planned Parenthood is counselling women on the choices they have available to them and abortion is one of those choices.
But Planned Parnethood also offers options to young, sexually active women that will prevent them from needing an abortion.....Republicans seek to block those options

Why should I pay for your sex?

Planned Parenthood services will prevent more abortions than they perform.
Think of how much more funding they would receive if they eliminated abortions entirely from their clinics.

Abortion is legal in this country and most of the industrialized world. Planned Parenthood is counselling women on the choices they have available to them and abortion is one of those choices.
But Planned Parnethood also offers options to young, sexually active women that will prevent them from needing an abortion.....Republicans seek to block those options

Which explains this (in part).

Screen-Shot-2013-03-12-at-4.22.22-PM.png

She called them marked children, no chance in the world to be human beings practically, delinquents, prisoners, all sorts of "things" just marked when they're born.....based on who their parents were.

Her goal was to stop them from being born.

Birth control.

A woman's choice.

Her views were common to her era - but she also saw what unlimited procreation did to a woman and started a movement that eventually made contraception legal. And that is a good thing.

Her views were common to racists of the era.

Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race. -M. Sanger

You can't even get the quote right. Where are you copying it from?

In it's entirety: http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/webedition/app/documents/show.php?sangerDoc=213391.xml
Knowledge of birth control is essentially moral. Its general, though prudent, practice must lead to a higher individuality and ultimately to a cleaner race

When you read the article - it has nothing to do with racism or inferior "races" but with common perceptions of her era that poverty/mental and physical defectives/genetics all somehow ran together.

If you want to damn her, out of her historical time period, then why stop with Sangor? The real reason is you don't really care that much about eugenics - but rather, you are looking for anything you can find (regardless of whether it's accurate) to demonize Planned Parenthood.

Eugenics is a terrible thing but was embraced by many: Eugenics in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - compulsary sterilization of "mental defectives", "loose women" etc continued into the modern era. Sangor's name is so low on the list she doesn't come up on the main article and the reason is simple - her main focus was on liberating women from the shackles of perpetual pregnancy. Read her actual articles - what she witnessed in nursing and saw on a daily basis. Sure, her views represent an era we do not agree with, but then - so do the views of many people we call "great".

"Eugenics" is a relatively modern concept, but look at our nation's founders and their views on race and poverty and moral character. Will you condemn them along with Sangor?

I doubt it. After all, historical context matters, when it suits you.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for her grandchildren. What a legacy to leave your grandchildren. Her work spanned Europe and Asia as well as the United States. Horrific.

How is birth control horrific? Do you realize even the mention of birth control, advertising of it, much less providing it used to be illegal?

Would you go back to that?

The lefts support of a pro life racist homophobe anti Semite bigot on this thread cracks me up

A great woman who was a product of her times. Her work was also praised by WEB Dubois and Martin Luther King

Trying to apply today's ethical standards to one hundred years ago is ridiculous.

She wanted to breed the black race out of existence.

But then again this is the same situational ethics the left gave to the anti-gay marriage stance Obama had back when it was politically expedient.

What evidence to you have to support that?

This whole thread is freaking ridiculous and ignorant. It's a misguided attempt to tie PP/Sangor/Eugenics/Racism/ABORTION into one convenient and highly inaccurate package complete with all the right buzzwords, for the sole purpose of demonizing PP. Accuracy be damned. If you can tar Sangor by using 21st ethics, you can tar PP even further.

The irony though is Sangor did NOT support abortion, she was opposed to it. Her focus was contraception, for EVERY woman - legalizing it, making it available and educating women women on birth control.

So...I have to ask, why is the right so opposed to birth control?

Birth control.

A woman's choice.

Her views were common to her era - but she also saw what unlimited procreation did to a woman and started a movement that eventually made contraception legal. And that is a good thing.

In it's entirety: http://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/webedition/app/documents/show.php?sangerDoc=213391.xml
Knowledge of birth control is essentially moral. Its general, though prudent, practice must lead to a higher individuality and ultimately to a cleaner race

When you read the article - it has nothing to do with racism or inferior "races" but with common perceptions of her era that poverty/mental and physical defectives/genetics all somehow ran together.

If you want to damn her, out of her historical time period, then why stop with Sangor? The real reason is you don't really care that much about eugenics - but rather, you are looking for anything you can find (regardless of whether it's accurate) to demonize Planned Parenthood.

Eugenics is a terrible thing but was embraced by many: Eugenics in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - compulsary sterilization of "mental defectives", "loose women" etc continued into the modern era. Sangor's name is so low on the list she doesn't come up on the main article and the reason is simple - her main focus was on liberating women from the shackles of perpetual pregnancy. Read her actual articles - what she witnessed in nursing and saw on a daily basis. Sure, her views represent an era we do not agree with, but then - so do the views of many people we call "great".

"Eugenics" is a relatively modern concept, but look at our nation's founders and their views on race and poverty and moral character. Will you condemn them along with Sangor?

Based on your tidbit it can also be reasonably argued her name is not on the list because her views are only representative of the race cleaning bigots the others choose not to embrace.

"The Germans are beating us at our own game."- the Richmond Times-Dispatch
You must be so proud.

Trying to clean up the history of hate and evil of PP's founder is understandable. I would try to distance myself from evil too.

I'm not aware that the right is opposed to it. Most of us just don't want our money confiscated to pay for someone else's.

I have turned down work for Planned Parenthood (which was legal to do without being sued for a hate crime) because I don't want to pay for abortions either.

I'm not aware that the right is opposed to it. Most of us just don't want our money confiscated to pay for someone else's.

I have turned down work for Planned Parenthood (which was legal to do without being sued for a hate crime) because I don't want to pay for abortions either.

You are right - I shouldn't have generalized like that.

Specificaly - the right engaged in this thread :)

that's nonsense.... or you wouldn't be working so hard to keep INSURANCE COMPANIES from paying for prescription medications.

Actually many of us that are right of the far left don't understand why it should be tax payer funded. Since this is supposed to be a private event between two consenting adults, why should the tax payer be responsible for it?

Why is far left promoting such an obviously blatant falsehood (especially after what they posted to the OP), not sure any answer (other than what their far left programming tells them) is something they will grasp.

Based on your tidbit it can also be reasonably argued her name is not on the list because her views are only representative of the race cleaning bigots the others choose not to embrace.

You must be so proud.

Trying to clean up the history of hate and evil of PP's founder is understandable. I would try to distance myself from evil too.

So what are you trying to say here? You deliberately use erroneous and altered quotes, provide no links that indicate she was intent on racial genocide, you selectively demonize (you certainly don't damn our nations founders for their highly racist and ethically questionable attitudes) and you throw in a gratuitous reference to Hitler?

that's nonsense.... or you wouldn't be working so hard to keep INSURANCE COMPANIES from paying for prescription medications.

More far left Obama drone programming coming to light.

Last edited:

You must be so proud.

So what are you trying to say here? You deliberately use erroneous and altered quotes, provide no links that indicate she was intent on racial genocide, you selectively demonize (you certainly don't damn our nations founders for their highly racist and ethically questionable attitudes) and you throw in a gratuitous reference to Hitler?

After asking this:

You have little room to criticize anyone for misrepresenting anything.

You are right - I shouldn't have generalized like that.

Specificaly - the right engaged in this thread :)

Because it was dishonest. Where in this thread has anyone said that? You and the others on the left tried to steer the conversation in that direction, but unless I missed it, no one on the right took the bait.

Bummer, huh?

You must be so proud.

I did goof, I thought I added links to both ugly truths. The 1934 headline was from here

And I'll admit I knew finally using Hitler in its proper histrorical context to MS would annoy you. Sorry ;)

You can't read. I said most of us don't want to pay for someone else's birth control. Abortions, etc.

Forum List

Back